Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi guys,

Bought a new scales yesterday, and I seem to have put on 4.5 lbs today. Sigh. Am very depressed, but will go with it, because what's the point otherwise?

I have eaten spot on all week - I haven't walked at all because of this virus, and also my hip has been killing me. I guess I need to address this in future.

I think it's the different scales, but I do feel pretty down right now. I worked so hard this week. Oh well, will revive and get my mojo back on later on. Might not be around till tomorrow though, so good luck everyone else!

Morning. Well I'm pleased with my 2lb on after missing weighin last week and falling off the wagon.......again........and getting back on again. I so want to get back to my healthy BMI - and continue to my next goal - but I seem to lose the plot once BMI healthy is reached! So I am gonna drop that from my goals and set a different one!

elb4160 said:
Good afternoon all from a blisteringly hot Sussex! I'm not enjoying this weather one bit, it's just far too hot!

Well I can tell you now for a fact that I have NOT been following plan in the slightest, I havent been eating badly, but the words "syns" or "healthy extra" haven't passed my lips in quite a while now. However! I weighed myself yesterday and as you can see from my signature/details they've been friendly to me!
I forgot quite how hilly Brighton is (and this whole area for that matter) compared with Manchester and let me tell you my legs are certainly paying the price for their laziness over the past few years living up there! Now that I think about it I have enjoyed the walking about, but I would have enjoyed it an awful lot more had it not been for this blooming weather!!!

Things in general with me are pretty much ok, not good as I'm sure you can all imagine and understand, but I'm doing ok. I didn't get the job I interviewed for the other week, but have had another interview yesterday which I am waiting to hear from and have also got one on Monday too. So things are plodding along.
"He" has been a complete (insert rude word of your choice here) so I am now angry with him rather than upset about the whole thing, which I think is a good thing (I think) "He" has published on facebook that he is in a new relationship with some girl in america - not only is this incredibly hurtful when you consider how long we'd been together and we'd literally been split up for 2 weeks, I'd finished moving my stuff out 3 days previously to this "publication" so you can imagine my reaction. He's never met her, probably never will yet feels its ok to broadcast this to all our friends and family on there. Luckily I have since calmed down, but I was honestly shaking with anger (how dramatic!)
I'm sure some of you are probably aware of my history of depression/self harm etc. so I am pleased to tell you all that I'm coping surprisingly well with everything and not to worry about that aspect of things :) I've had a few episodes of crying without reason, but I don't think thats unexpected considering.

Anyways sorry for the long post! I just wanted to update you all and keep you in the loop! :D

Take care everyone and I shall be back to join you all soon!
xXx
Hi Emma
It sounds like everything is coming together - and you are getting back on track. I could be wrong , but I reckon the Facebook thing was written so YOU would read it. People do strange stuff when they split up.
Sunny Sussex will definitely make u feel happier together with the Sunny Sunday weighers.

justjudith said:
:sign0144: Can I join in?

I have decided to really start my SW journey (this time arround) tommorrow. I was faffing about when to weigh and where and I'm taking the plunge. I will weigh at la fitness when I go there for class on a Sunday morning. This means I can have a printout and weigh myself in me underwear. I was weighing at home but I got to be too much of a frequent weigher and just ended up faffing about a bit more.

I have about 3.5 stone to lose. A few years back I lost over 5 stone going to SW class and then my head got warpped!*smile* So I know this is doable. I will be doing green days in the main.

If you hear a weighing machine tomorrrow morning shouting "one herd of elephants at a time" that'll be me.:8855: I look forward to keeping you informed on my progress and getting to know you all.

Until the morrow my friends.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

:welcome: Judith and good luck

silly sausage said:
LOL Welcome to the thread, Judith and Pickle! :D

Sorry about the job, Emma. Best of luck with the others you have lined up. You don't hang about! Sounds like you may have dodged a bullet with your ex. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you are a lovely young lady and deserve to be treated better than that :)

No heatwave here. Been bucketing down all day and I had to put the heating on this evening :sigh: Good luck all for weigh in tomorrow.

Lol SS. Heating on!!!!! OMG - we were in summer wear in the garden having a BBQ - air con on full pelt in the car!!!

Nics.ck said:
Welcome Judith and good morning to Sunday Weighers! I'm checking in very early as this is the time my baby has woken me, but will be too busy later to check in as I have a day of bliss ahead at a day spa....no house, no husband and no kids for 10 whole hrs! Im really looking forward to it (and the yummy lunch)! Any way I've lost another pound this week which is great. Bought 30 day shred dvd to tone up with...starting tomorrow as didn't want to be aching for today so I'll let you know how it does (not using for weight loss just toning).

Good luck with weigh in today people!

Well done on your pound loss

Woodland girl said:
Well done Nick and have a great day!
Sts for me...
Still? Can I come back as your buddy- albeit a cr*p one as I am not always here? We can master it and I promise to get back in the 10s

why_d said:
the scales have been kind and I'm a whopping 2lbs down! couldn't tell you the last time i lost 2lb in 1 week, lol
WOW Why_d. Fabulous loss mate!!

Good luck y'all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Honey39 said:
Hi guys,

Bought a new scales yesterday, and I seem to have put on 4.5 lbs today. Sigh. Am very depressed, but will go with it, because what's the point otherwise?

I have eaten spot on all week - I haven't walked at all because of this virus, and also my hip has been killing me. I guess I need to address this in future.

I think it's the different scales, but I do feel pretty down right now. I worked so hard this week. Oh well, will revive and get my mojo back on later on. Might not be around till tomorrow though, so good luck everyone else!

Posted same time and missed u Honey - it's definitely the scales - there will be errors between all forms of scales . Ignore the weight & go by your loss next week which I know you will have.

Kx

honey dont let it get you down too much it's just the change in scales. next week will give you a better impression

Morning all,
Its been such a manic busy week I feel I'm still trying to catch up. I have not stuck to plan this week but thankfully only 1lb gain. I know its a gain but given what iv eaten this week Im very happy with that.
Shopping today so planning some healthy means for this week.
Congrats everyone on your losses

Half a pound off for me this week which I am dead chuffed about as it takes me under 200 again. Had a good week, but my neighbour's party and doggy bag cancelled out any bigger loss.

Well done all the losers, maintainers and happy gainers! :D

Honey - every rational braincell in your heid must be telling you it's the new scales, so please don't be down. You have been eating healthily all week which is a great achievement, especially as you have been under the weather. Perhaps your body thinks it is doing you a favour by holding on to calories while you fight the virus. No way you would have eaten an extra 15,750 calories this week, so it will not be fat. As Why_D says, next week will give you a better idea. Get well soon and keep up the healthy eating - your hip will thank you for it :) xxx

Stitchy said:
I put on 1 lb this week, d'oh! I knew that a 3lb loss last week was too good to be true!

That always happens to me too Stitchy!!
But it will come off next weigh in if you stick to it!

Kx

Welcome Judith and good morning to Sunday Weighers! I'm checking in very early as this is the time my baby has woken me, but will be too busy later to check in as I have a day of bliss ahead at a day spa....no house, no husband and no kids for 10 whole hrs! Im really looking forward to it (and the yummy lunch)! Any way I've lost another pound this week which is great. Bought 30 day shred dvd to tone up with...starting tomorrow as didn't want to be aching for today so I'll let you know how it does (not using for weight loss just toning).

Good luck with weigh in today people!

Well done Nics - and good luck with the Shred. I bought it back in May and it's still sitting in its wrapping staring balefully at me...! Must give it a go!

Well done Nick and have a great day!
Sts for me...

Me too WG, so don't despair. Let's hope for a great loss next week!

the scales have been kind and I'm a whopping 2lbs down! couldn't tell you the last time i lost 2lb in 1 week, lol

Woohoo! Well done Why_d - that's fabulous. Hope you have another fab week!

Hi guys,

As everone else has said - it's the scales. Please don't let it affect you this week - just keep going and you will see a fab loss next Sunday, I'm sure! x

Morning. Well I'm pleased with my 2lb on after missing weighin last week and falling off the wagon.......again........and getting back on again. I so want to get back to my healthy BMI - and continue to my next goal - but I seem to lose the plot once BMI healthy is reached! So I am gonna drop that from my goals and set a different one!

Hi K, well done on not having too bad a result after a few weeks off plan! I don't know why we seem to have this inbuilt sabotage button whenever we get to a target. I did it 8 years ago when I reached my interim SW target - 7 years on and 5 stone heavier I had to start all over again - so don't lose focus and find a new target that works for you! Good luck this week! x

I put on 1 lb this week, d'oh! I knew that a 3lb loss last week was too good to be true!

I often have the same after a big loss - our bodies work in mysterious ways! Good luck for next week!

A STS for me this week. Have been on plan all week, but eaten far too many carbs (I do green days), so I suspected this was going to happen. Will try and do better this week and hope for a good loss next Sunday!

Welcome Judith - and good luck with your SW journey! I'm a second time arounder too, and have done better this time than last, so it can be done!

Good luck to everyone still to WI! x

Ummmm, hello....
Please may I join you?

I used to be a Tuesday Group Weigher, but now I'm a Sunday morning go-it-aloner.

And I'm not totally new to all of you: Gail at least can attest that I'm not in the slightest sane, sensible or responsible, so I believe I could fit in well if you'd let me...

Anyway, through my own total and utter STOOPIDITY upon hitting target, I now have over a stone to lose AGAIN.

But this morning, I'm delighted to say I've managed to lose 2lb.
And my butt is firmly on the wagon at the moment, so long may it last!

Anyway, nice to meet you all.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me stay??

JimofTroy said:
Ummmm, hello....
Please may I join you?

I used to be a Tuesday Group Weigher, but now I'm a Sunday morning go-it-aloner.

And I'm not totally new to all of you: Gail at least can attest that I'm not in the slightest sane, sensible or responsible, so I believe I could fit in well if you'd let me...

Anyway, through my own total and utter STOOPIDITY upon hitting target, I now have over a stone to lose AGAIN.

:welcome: JimofTroy & well done on your weight loss.

Looking forward to getting to know you & it sounds like u will fit in well with the madness!!

Kx

Hi everyone, am bit late weighing in today as was dreading stepping on the scales. Not really been on plan last few days, been really busy and had a hen night. Have just weighed myself and put 3 on, bit better than I thought. Am planning to be extra good from now though. Well done to everyone, hope you are all enjoying the great weather x x

Not been on here for a week but thought I'd still post my weigh in if that's okay. I lost 1.25 lb this week which I am chuffed with as I have been out for two meals and had cake etc so not a massive loss but I think choosing the right thing at meals helped. I went to Weatherspoons and had the five bean chilli one night and last night went somewhere and ordered the piri piri chicken breast and scraped a load of the sauce off as it was very sweet and spicy and had a jacket and salad. Unfortunately the salad had dressing on but not so bad I thought. Oh and succumbed to the coleslaw as well but all in all a good choice I think. That's just over 20 lbs for me now. x

Welcome Judith and Pickle :cool:

Nics.ck - delighted for you. Good luck on the 30 day shred :)

WG - STS is always good. In the long term it means that you are doing the right things.

Why_d - FAB loss :D

Honey - did you weigh yourself on the new and the old together ?? I don't believe that you can have put on 4.5 lbs. Could you not count that as a STS and start afresh on the new scales ? Because it's really hard to know whether that is a true gain or not and seems a bit unfair when you have switched scales ??

Kwise - glad that 2lb is good for you - I know that feeling ! Well done for looking at how you cope/manage with different targets and moving the goal posts to hopefully work better for you.

Vicky1804 - again, if 1 lb gain is good then I'm happy for you :) Hope this week goes well for you.

Stitchy - So that's 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I'd be happy with that :)

JimofTroy - welcome to the madness of Sunday weighers. You are very welcome here and from what I know of you, I think you'll just fit right in.............................;)

Madmavey - another one for whom the gain was not as bad as expected :). Hope that this week goes well for you :)

craftylucyloo - Of course it's ok to post when you have missed a week. A loss of any type is an achievement when you've been out for 2 meals (especially if one was last night). Well done.

I'm not weighing in today as I was away from home this morning. The week has been a bit odd for me. Not brilliant (not enough planning) but actually the scales were doing ok yesterday morning. I should have weighed in yesterday probably but I didn't so I have to accept that. I've had a couple of days off plan since then :)eek: but actually fun and lovely to just not worry for a couple of meals what I ate) so I'm expecting a gain tomorrow but hopefully not the full 6 lbs that I lost last week. So anything less than a 6 lb gain will be good for me !!! Will post tomorrow to let you know.

Gail x

Edit: EEEEK, missed out sausage :)() - so sorry. Fantastic about your 0.5 lbs and getting under 200 lbs again. I don't care how long it takes you, the fact that you are continuing to lose, no matter how slowly is a massive achievement :D

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow Gail :D

I am all sorted now for the week ahead. While you English folk have been slinking about in your bikinis all day, I have been making loads of soup and spicy stew to thaw me out this week :rolleyes:

Welcome to the thread, JimofTroy :flowers:

Posted same time and missed u Honey - it's definitely the scales - there will be errors between all forms of scales . Ignore the weight & go by your loss next week which I know you will have.

Kx

Thanks Kwise, that's kind of you and definitely what I needed to hear!

honey dont let it get you down too much it's just the change in scales. next week will give you a better impression

Thank you lovely Why_D, next week will be a better indicator, you're absolutely right!

Morning all,
Its been such a manic busy week I feel I'm still trying to catch up. I have not stuck to plan this week but thankfully only 1lb gain. I know its a gain but given what iv eaten this week Im very happy with that.
Shopping today so planning some healthy means for this week.
Congrats everyone on your losses

Well done, that's a good result to have just a one pound gain after a week like that!!! Next week is going to be your week for sure...:D

Half a pound off for me this week which I am dead chuffed about as it takes me under 200 again. Had a good week, but my neighbour's party and doggy bag cancelled out any bigger loss.

Well done all the losers, maintainers and happy gainers! :D

Honey - every rational braincell in your heid must be telling you it's the new scales, so please don't be down. You have been eating healthily all week which is a great achievement, especially as you have been under the weather. Perhaps your body thinks it is doing you a favour by holding on to calories while you fight the virus. No way you would have eaten an extra 15,750 calories this week, so it will not be fat. As Why_D says, next week will give you a better idea. Get well soon and keep up the healthy eating - your hip will thank you for it :) xxx

Huge well done Sausage, that's good to hear. And thanks for the kick up the bum, you're right, of course. I just panic about weight gain, I worry that this will all just slip away. I am going to have a great week, and be 100% on track, despite going away for a few days and being super busy!!!

Oh well, overall you're doing well, so take that as a good thing!

As everone else has said - it's the scales. Please don't let it affect you this week - just keep going and you will see a fab loss next Sunday, I'm sure! x

A STS for me this week. Have been on plan all week, but eaten far too many carbs (I do green days), so I suspected this was going to happen. Will try and do better this week and hope for a good loss next Sunday!

Thanks Spanx (ooh, that rhymes!) you're so encouraging, I hugely appreciate it! And well done on the STS, that's kind of pretty good really as well!!

Ummmm, hello....
Please may I join you?

Hello and welcome!!!!
Hi everyone, am bit late weighing in today as was dreading stepping on the scales. Not really been on plan last few days, been really busy and had a hen night. Have just weighed myself and put 3 on, bit better than I thought. Am planning to be extra good from now though. Well done to everyone, hope you are all enjoying the great weather x x

Not been on here for a week but thought I'd still post my weigh in if that's okay. I lost 1.25 lb this week which I am chuffed with as I have been out for two meals and had cake etc so not a massive loss but I think choosing the right thing at meals helped. I went to Weatherspoons and had the five bean chilli one night and last night went somewhere and ordered the piri piri chicken breast and scraped a load of the sauce off as it was very sweet and spicy and had a jacket and salad. Unfortunately the salad had dressing on but not so bad I thought. Oh and succumbed to the coleslaw as well but all in all a good choice I think. That's just over 20 lbs for me now. x

Well done!!!

Welcome Judith and Pickle :cool:

Nics.ck - delighted for you. Good luck on the 30 day shred :)

WG - STS is always good. In the long term it means that you are doing the right things.

Why_d - FAB loss :D

Honey - did you weigh yourself on the new and the old together ?? I don't believe that you can have put on 4.5 lbs. Could you not count that as a STS and start afresh on the new scales ? Because it's really hard to know whether that is a true gain or not and seems a bit unfair when you have switched scales ??

Kwise - glad that 2lb is good for you - I know that feeling ! Well done for looking at how you cope/manage with different targets and moving the goal posts to hopefully work better for you.

Vicky1804 - again, if 1 lb gain is good then I'm happy for you :) Hope this week goes well for you.

Stitchy - So that's 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I'd be happy with that :)

JimofTroy - welcome to the madness of Sunday weighers. You are very welcome here and from what I know of you, I think you'll just fit right in.............................;)

Madmavey - another one for whom the gain was not as bad as expected :). Hope that this week goes well for you :)

craftylucyloo - Of course it's ok to post when you have missed a week. A loss of any type is an achievement when you've been out for 2 meals (especially if one was last night). Well done.

I'm not weighing in today as I was away from home this morning. The week has been a bit odd for me. Not brilliant (not enough planning) but actually the scales were doing ok yesterday morning. I should have weighed in yesterday probably but I didn't so I have to accept that. I've had a couple of days off plan since then :)eek: but actually fun and lovely to just not worry for a couple of meals what I ate) so I'm expecting a gain tomorrow but hopefully not the full 6 lbs that I lost last week. So anything less than a 6 lb gain will be good for me !!! Will post tomorrow to let you know.

Gail x

Edit: EEEEK, missed out sausage :)() - so sorry. Fantastic about your 0.5 lbs and getting under 200 lbs again. I don't care how long it takes you, the fact that you are continuing to lose, no matter how slowly is a massive achievement :D

Thanks Gail!!!! You're so sensible and kind ((((hugs)))))

I have a Sunday weigh in as well, its my 1st week and I have lost 9 lbs! im not sure how to update my weight on here or how you all have little graphs but I'm extra keen for this week.

I have a Sunday weigh in as well, its my 1st week and I have lost 9 lbs! im not sure how to update my weight on here or how you all have little graphs but I'm extra keen for this week.

Wow, that's awesome - what an amazing start, am so impressed!!! You must feel fabulous :)

I didn't go to the gym yesterday as I overslept. I weighed in on my home scales and found that last week I put on 2 pounds. I wasn't going to say anything but...... I am taking this to be a new starting weight, drawing a line under it..... and starting tomorrow. Last night I had too much booze ~ well the bottle was a bargain:) and today as too depressed to treat myself right.

As from now no more advoiding the gym.

See you next week to report a loss!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

A bit late with my weigh in result.
That's because there is no result for Sunday weigh in
boo hoo, lots and lots of fruit and veg for me this week.

:8855:

Back