Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hahahaha!!! Why_d! No it's not wrong at all, but bear in mind not everyone in brighton is gay! Most yes, not all though :D Though I think all of them are weird... some very strange folk down there, especially if you walk down The Laines...

Woo hoo, crazy gang of Halloween Sunday weighers - how cool do we all look????

Well done again to all the losers, gainers and stay the samers - we all did awesomely well for showing up and weighing in. That's what counts!

Okay, I had a 100% day on track day today, so am feeling good about myself. I feel so much better when I eat well. I'm aiming for a good solid week this week, and I would love to lose two pounds, to take me to my lowest weight on this journey!

Morning all. Loads of great losses this week :D Sorry to be a party pooper, but I gained 5 pounds. Jeezo. I was off work and just grazing all week. Back to work tomorrow to a place where there is no food or temptation. On a positive note, I can now do my kettlebell workout without hurting the next day :D

If you're a party pooper, I don't know what I am (see below !). Sorry to steal your thunder........

Hopefully that gain is mostly water retention and bulk rather than a 'proper' gain, it should fly off next week if you manage to 'do a Gail' :D

Thanks Smartie :) I am hoping to "do a Gail" this week before the fat has time to stick to me properly lol

I have 'done a Gail' this week but sadly the wrong way :(

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I did on my phone but then it crashed and it took me enough courage to post it that I had a strop and didn't repost/rewrite.

I have had a disastrous week. Lots of reasons but I gained a whopping 9.5 lbs. Yes, in a week. So I am feeling very ashamed and I am off on holiday tomorrow. So, I have accepted that I am going to have another gain when I get back but then I am drawing a line. I have become a bit complacent because I am fairly happy at the weight I was a week ago, however I most definitely won't be happy at the weight I will be when I get back so maybe this is the kick I needed.

So don't worry if I'm not here for a couple of weeks. I will be back I promise.

Hope everyone else has a good week.

Gail x

I've managed to make him animated :D Just tested on my avatar and it works

2uf96kh.gif

Woohoooo - feel the burn!! :8855: Reggie's been doing kettle bell thingos with sausage and now they're both on the barbie feeling the burn! :p It is truly an awesome avatar - that is the first time I have ever used "awesome" in a typed sentence but it's the best word for the occasion! I am in awe! actually I'm in Cairns :8855: :D

So back on plan I go, and I'll just accept that it's ok to have a good time! I'll just make sure I'm as good as can be from now on :)

I think it's great that you seized the opportunity and went out and had a good time - so you weren't perfect and dietitious (I made that word up :8855: ) BUT you had fun. That seems to be something that has been a bit lacking lately for you so you are right not to stress about it. I think for all of us it is working out a balance between sticking to plan yet still enjoying life!

Mmmm...goat barbecue...nom nom! :D

Poor old Reggie, he'd be as tough as an old boot! :p

<snip>

Gail x

I bet that's not all real weight you have put on, some of it will be fluid, it certainly can't all be fat!

One of the things that I love about you Gail is that you always face up to things and you always live life and don't let the plan rule you. I know you have blips but when you put your mind to it and decide that it's time the weight went, the weight goes! I really admire your attitude, and that is the truth of it. I hope you have a great holiday and look forward to reading some stories about your adventures when you get back! :)

I have nothing to report. A big fat nothing. Oh apart from the pup and the dead cockatoo, that was a bit revolting. I don't think she killed it, I think she found a dead one. We get loads round here screaming in the trees - they're noisy beggars but very pretty, bright white with a yellowy crest! We found her tearing up a dead one and because it's so hot here it was stinking!! Then the little poop decided to bring it indoors, so I shovelled it and took it back out and buried it, but she exhumed it and brought half of it back in! The story goes with other random body parts turning up .... ewwwwwk! Puppies are disgusting! Or is it just ours? :8855:

Got an extra hour at work last night and I'm doing another 4 hours til midnight tonight and then 4 more on Saturday evening, so that will be 12 this week which is the best I've got so far!

Anyway, I'm going to get on with as much stuff this morning as I can so I can maybe have a little snooze this afternoon - I don't do sleeping in the daytime well but I'm going to give it a try!

Hope everyone is doing well and being happy! .... and a BIG thanks again to Smartie! :D

If you're a party pooper, I don't know what I am (see below !). Sorry to steal your thunder........

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I did on my phone but then it crashed and it took me enough courage to post it that I had a strop and didn't repost/rewrite.

I have had a disastrous week. Lots of reasons but I gained a whopping 9.5 lbs. Yes, in a week. So I am feeling very ashamed and I am off on holiday tomorrow. So, I have accepted that I am going to have another gain when I get back but then I am drawing a line. I have become a bit complacent because I am fairly happy at the weight I was a week ago, however I most definitely won't be happy at the weight I will be when I get back so maybe this is the kick I needed.

Gail x

Have a fabulous holiday!!!! That cannot be a 'true' gain, Gail, it just can't - I think that's water weight. Try not to go mad on holiday, enjoy yourself but make healthy choices as well, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get back. Have a great break!!!

I have nothing to report. A big fat nothing. Oh apart from the pup and the dead cockatoo, that was a bit revolting. I don't think she killed it, I think she found a dead one. We get loads round here screaming in the trees - they're noisy beggars but very pretty, bright white with a yellowy crest! We found her tearing up a dead one and because it's so hot here it was stinking!! Then the little poop decided to bring it indoors, so I shovelled it and took it back out and buried it, but she exhumed it and brought half of it back in! The story goes with other random body parts turning up .... ewwwwwk! Puppies are disgusting! Or is it just ours? :8855:

Got an extra hour at work last night and I'm doing another 4 hours til midnight tonight and then 4 more on Saturday evening, so that will be 12 this week which is the best I've got so far!

Anyway, I'm going to get on with as much stuff this morning as I can so I can maybe have a little snooze this afternoon - I don't do sleeping in the daytime well but I'm going to give it a try!

Hope everyone is doing well and being happy! .... and a BIG thanks again to Smartie! :D

Thanks for sharing the dead cockatoo story....!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Lol. Hope you're having a better time of it, lovely founder of this thread!!

Bad few weeks, gain 2 lbs this week but I have not really stuck to plan. Got my sister here so plenty of walking, will be back on track when I get back next week.

:grouphugg:

That's for everyone who had a gain this week or is feeling a bit blue! Keep your chins up, trust in the plan, you WILL get there :)

nope Ozzie, I think all puppies are gross....mine likes to roll in dead jellyfish and stinky seaweed on the beach....but nice clean, warm water for a bath?! pshaw, NEVER! but I must admit, exhuming a mangled cockatoo is dedication to duty lol!
:giggle:

have to admit, I've not been strictly on-plan since WI. been feeling a bit under the weather so have spent sunday sleeping and didn't really eat much then went out yesterday evening with a friend and encountered my first diet destroyer....I have to say though, I was proud of myself that I stayed in control but I was more than a little peeved that she was trying to throw me off course, especially as she's meant to be following a different plan as well. hearing people say "Well I'm off the diet tonight so I can have a good time" makes me really appreciate how flexible SW is. I had a great italian meal, more than enough to drink, and I'm not really too worried about having a gain if I get back on-plan today. going to my parents for a few days so I will try and hijack the kitchen....my dads got stomach probs atm so lots of low-syn soups it is!!! :)

have a great day everyone xx

Hey my lovelies - only just joined had 2 weigh ins & I always weigh on a Sunday(unless I'm out on the Saturday Night haha)

I started at 12st 2lbs in 2 weeks I have lost 4lbs yippee!

So I am currently 11st 12lbs so lost a wee 1lb this week which I know is still good but cant help feel a wee bit disappointed cos I lost 3lbs the week before - anywayyyyyyy negative thoughts out of the way.

I'm finding this site so helpful your such a lovely bunch of coconuts!

Thanks L xxx

Hello and welcome everyone. How's people's Tuesday gone? I'm on plan and raring to go - I'm having a prawn/edamame stir fry tonight, very very light and tasty (mmmm). I find I like to eat 'lighter' in the week and more indulgent at the weekend - still on plan, but I'm not that tempted on a Tuesday night to be honest to over-indulge.

Right, off to cook my tea!

Well I work totally crappy shifts - 10.30am till 9am so I basically eat the same thing for 4 days during the week which is cereal bars, fruit, yoghurts, savoury rice & veg - boringggggggggggggg

I really wish I had normal workin hours would make this sooooooo much easier!

L xxx

Gail - I have a paper food diary to keep me right throughout the day. I also track my weight in it. On my tracking page for this week, I wrote in big letters at the top on Sunday morning, "DO A GAIL!!!"

I wrote this to motivate me this week. Whether it means "have a fabby loss" or whether it means "have a crappy week but soldier on cos it aint a race", I will do a Gail this week! I think you are amazing and are a real inspiration. Have a fantastic holiday :D x

Hiya Dolly Rocker! Welcome to the thread :)

Gail - I have a paper food diary to keep me right throughout the day. I also track my weight in it. On my tracking page for this week, I wrote in big letters at the top on Sunday morning, "DO A GAIL!!!"

I wrote this to motivate me this week. Whether it means "have a fabby loss" or whether it means "have a crappy week but soldier on cos it aint a race", I will do a Gail this week! I think you are amazing and are a real inspiration. Have a fantastic holiday :D x

Hiya Dolly Rocker! Welcome to the thread :)

Hi Sausage - you are so amazing, and I love the way that you are persistent and upbeat and achieve fab results! I'm focused on having a great week too, and going back to basics and tracking everything. I think that gains are actually quite good for us, because they show us how to cope with this journey, and prepare for lifelong weight loss maintenance. Go you!!!!!!!

Haha no typo sorry - I work 10.30am till 9pm!!

So 10.5 hours a day which is a buggar

L x x x

Phew, that's a relief - still a loooooong day, but not as bad!!!! :D

dont really have anything to say this morning, just wanted to give Count Why_d a quick burst out of his coffin...

oh any my mum turned up with a rice cooker for me... no idea how to use it but will play about with it :)

dont really have anything to say this morning, just wanted to give Count Why_d a quick burst out of his coffin...

oh any my mum turned up with a rice cooker for me... no idea how to use it but will play about with it :)

I feel the same about Reggie - I might go for a wander round the forum later posting randomly so I can show him off :8855:

That's nice of your mum giving you the rice cooker! I actually love my microwave rice cooker, I only got it this year, I never realised it would be so easy to get perfect rice everytime!

Time for me to go cook dinner for the unruly mob .... actually that's an exaggeration as it's just OH and LittleOM tonight. I might be bad, I fancy a snag sanger :8855: <---- I'm all aussified now! :p :8855:

Goooooood morning!!! I am SO excited today! After having a little chat with my Mum this morning I am going to sign up to slimming world class TONIGHT!!! :D
Mum's friend Maggie runs it (bit nervous about that...) so at least I'll know one person haha

I just honestly can't wait though, I really think this will be the motivation I need to get going full speed!

My little sister is here so showing her around London. Out all day yesterday and ended up having KFC and Pizza in the same day.:sigh:
Im feeling a little sick, stodgy and slow today but loads more walking so hoping to feel better later.

Back