Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi all.

I'm a bit confused this morning and in need of... Help? Not sure really. An explanation is needed but I don't know where one could come from.

Basically I weighed in this morning because I'm staying at my sister's house tonight so I won't be able to tomorrow morning. And I seem to have lost 3lbs, which normally I would be overjoyed at, but it doesn't make sense.
I gained 2lbs last week from my week of meals out and no exercise.
This week I was on plan Monday to Thursday. Yesterday I wasn't on plan. I didn't go mad but I did eat bad things (chocolate, bread, real gravy.) I went to boxercise on Wednesday and did a halfhearted gym attempt on Thursday night.

Now, Thursday night, Friday night and this morning I have felt quite sick. It was sort of an indigestion type of sick feeling, and I kind of assumed I might have caught that sickness bug that's going round, but I feel fine now and I haven't been sick.

So I don't understand how I'm 3lbs down? Bear in mind that a good 100% week on plan only usually results in a 1lb loss, with exercise maybe 2. So I don't understand how I lost 3lbs with only 4 days on plan.

It is possible that I ate a lot last Saturday night which might give me a false gain. I know I went to nandos and bowling, and in the process drank about 4 pints of diet coke but I assumed they would have passed through considering I drink a lot of coke in a normal evening at home.

I don't know. It's probably no big deal but the hypochondriac in me is breaking through, especially as I've not felt well the past few days AND I'm spending tonight away from home, which always upsets my mental balance. (I'm a real home comforts girl.)

Any thoughts?

Hi Pinkie,

Could be because it's a different scale? Or because last week was a false gain? I wouldn't worry about it too much, these fluctuations are totally normal. I've found that my weight loss/gain tends to run about 10 days behind, if that makes sense.

Hi PinkToaster,

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I suspect it's just a bit of a false gain last week which has now gone because of your mostly good days this week. However whichever way, put it behind you and have a really good week so that you can have another loss this week.

Hope your night turns out better than expected.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Totally agree, Gail - false gains are unnerving, but all part and parcel of the journey.

Well I'm just home from work and I'm very sore! I had a little mishap in the pickles aisle and dropped a bottle of stinky olives in stinkier vinegar and I stunk of vinegar for the last 2 hours at work. I was apologising left right and centre to colleagues for being somewhat malodourous :eek: :D I bashed my knee, broke my only decent nail, ricked my neck and gave myself a paper cut! Working hurts! :cry:

Happy bunny though, because I get an extra shift next week which brings my hours up to 15 for the week, my best yet!

Now, I've decided that you lot are all way too nice, no-one told me off properly! Man, I'm generally nice but even I can give someone a boot up the bum! ... even if it's only for my own entertainment :rotflmao: So as you won't tell me off, I'm going to have to tell myself off. I have no excuse for remaining off track. Yes it's difficult sticking to plan when money is tight, yes it's difficult when the family won't eat the same food BUT, and mine is a big wobbly butt :eek: - it IS possible to do this, you just have to work a little bit harder and plan a little bit better. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm going to spend the day plan plan planning! Next week I will lose 2lbs. That is my commitment to me.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday and I'll "see" you on Sunday morning! :)

Poor you with the smelling of vinegar! And sorry we weren't firm enough - bad us!! I'm committed to trying to lose 2 lbs a week too, so maybe we can shout at each other?!

Ozzie, when I worked in a supermarket, more than once, someone would drop a bottle of red wine and the smell would be there all day!

Ooooh, the smell of red wine is NOT great!!!

Morning all! Happy me with 1.5 off! Although, as I had gained 3 last week from birthday cake there is a slight feeling of been here before! Never mind, going down again :) have a great day everyone!!

Hi guys, am on cloud 9 this morning - I only lost 1.5 lbs, but that's 110 lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo, I feel fantastic, I have to say. I'm also really proud of myself because I've given it 100% effort this week, despite having a horrid cold and going out to a party last night.

I am determined to see a STS or a loss for the three remaining weigh-ins for 2011. I feel really like I'm getting off the 100 lbs loss plateau, and I feel fantastic about myself this morning. Can't tell you how happy I am, I've got a huge smile. I love it when hard work pays off. And I'm eating super well and enjoying my food, so it's not like I'm 'dieting', this is just my weigh/way of life. But it's good to see the scales start to go down again.

Morning all! Happy me with 1.5 off! Although, as I had gained 3 last week from birthday cake there is a slight feeling of been here before! Never mind, going down again :) have a great day everyone!!

Well done!!!! That's a great result, and you're doing so well. Onwards and downwards - yay us Sunday weighers!!

Superb Honey! Well done!!

Thank you :553:

Woodland girl said:

Well done on you loss x

Honey39 said:
Hi guys, am on cloud 9 this morning - I only lost 1.5 lbs, but that's 110 lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo, I feel fantastic, I have to say. I'm also really proud of myself because I've given it 100% effort this week, despite having a horrid cold and going out to a party last night.

I am determined to see a STS or a loss for the three remaining weigh-ins for 2011. I feel really like I'm getting off the 100 lbs loss plateau, and I feel fantastic about myself this morning. Can't tell you how happy I am, I've got a huge smile. I love it when hard work pays off. And I'm eating super well and enjoying my food, so it's not like I'm 'dieting', this is just my weigh/way of life. But it's good to see the scales start to go down again.

Well done x

Well just weighed in and half off for me, at least it wasn't a gain, am determined to lose more next week though. Well done to everyone who has lost so far x x

Morning - a quick hello from me as I've been poorly last couple of days feeling sick - so not in the mood to cook. Although the only thing stopping the sickness was to eat - and no, I'm not pregnant!!!

Result :- 2lb gain - but I'm not removing my shinies from my motivational tree .

So far I feel ok - so aiming to cook today and get back on track . Still tired though - slept loads and during the day yesterday.

Good luck y'all

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done so far guys! Honey that's great news!

I think my loss may be a bit misleading today as I missed eating dinner yesterday and was drinking diet pepsi and sprite zero all day so probably dehydrated or something but as it's saying i've lost 4lbs i'm taking it and running with it, lol

good luck all!

Morning all
Congrats on the losses. Iv only lost 2oz this week but iv really got into going to the gym. Iv noticed my fitness levels rising, im starting to get some muscle definition in my upper arms and iv lost 1 inch from my hips in 3 weeks not bad lol

Going to the Winter Wonderland later and last yr they were selling ostridge burgers. Im hoping they have this this yr as I would love to try one for lunch.

Morning all - well done to all the losers and maintainers!

This week I've lost 0.5lb, which I'm a bit disappointed with, after gaining 2lbs last week. I've had two nights out with red wine though, so I think that's the culprit, even though I haven't gone over the weekly syns allowance...

So, still 4.5lbs to reach my target and now only 3 WIs to do it in... I'm on for a 100% challenge all the way to christmas!

Good luck to all still to WI. xxx

Fantastic loss, why_d! :553: I always pop in here on Sundays to see how things are and to give me a bit of motivation for the next week. Just 3 weeks 'til Christmas so I'm going to try extra hard to get some pounds off!

Well done on all your losses Ladies and men if there are any out there :D
Totally ecstatic, just weighed in and a 2 lb loss takes me to 2 stones woo hoo.
I think it must be true, the more you eat, the more you loose as I had my works xmas dinner Friday night and still lost,

:)

2 lb gain this morning. I think my massive, off-plan dinner is still in my tummy and that this is a temporary gain. Not serious enough to napalm my pea tree anyway :eek: Will try harder this week to save my peas, honest.

Well done everyone, especially Honey whose joy is contagious :D

*wags finger at Why_D for skipping his dinner* Well done on the amazing loss at the same time :D

Kwise, hope you feel better soon. I agree, it is miserable enough feeling ill and having a gain without having to strip your beautiful tree too :) x

Hi...

Starting over today. Fed up of putting weight on ~ and binge eating. Managed to lose a pound last week but disheartened as its still three pounds on from the week before ~ hence my fresh start....

Here's hoping I can stay away from the booze!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

thanks champ! hope you're still doing well?

Sausage i know, i had an xmas lunch with friends i'd not seen in ages and although i had planned to go home early and have some soup i didnt get home until late, they were all going for some takeaway and i just wasnt for joining them by the time i got home it was too late to heat anything and i was in desperate need of something sugary as my blood sugars were dangerously low so ate half a bunch of grapes and went to bed, lol

had another meal out this afternoon so that loss wont last very long, lol

Well just weighed in and half off for me, at least it wasn't a gain, am determined to lose more next week though. Well done to everyone who has lost so far x x

Yay, that's terrific Madmavey, well done!

Morning - a quick hello from me as I've been poorly last couple of days feeling sick - so not in the mood to cook. Although the only thing stopping the sickness was to eat - and no, I'm not pregnant!!!

Result :- 2lb gain - but I'm not removing my shinies from my motivational tree .

So far I feel ok - so aiming to cook today and get back on track . Still tired though - slept loads and during the day yesterday.

Good luck y'all

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Poor you - I hope you're feeling a wee bit better? It's hard to keep at something when you're under the weather, be nice to yourself and rest up!

Well done so far guys! Honey that's great news!

I think my loss may be a bit misleading today as I missed eating dinner yesterday and was drinking diet pepsi and sprite zero all day so probably dehydrated or something but as it's saying i've lost 4lbs i'm taking it and running with it, lol

good luck all!

Wow, that's terrific Why_D, well done! You are doing so well, you're a real inspiration!

Morning all
Congrats on the losses. Iv only lost 2oz this week but iv really got into going to the gym. Iv noticed my fitness levels rising, im starting to get some muscle definition in my upper arms and iv lost 1 inch from my hips in 3 weeks not bad lol

Going to the Winter Wonderland later and last yr they were selling ostridge burgers. Im hoping they have this this yr as I would love to try one for lunch.

A loss is a loss, well done you! :)

Morning all - well done to all the losers and maintainers!

This week I've lost 0.5lb, which I'm a bit disappointed with, after gaining 2lbs last week. I've had two nights out with red wine though, so I think that's the culprit, even though I haven't gone over the weekly syns allowance...

So, still 4.5lbs to reach my target and now only 3 WIs to do it in... I'm on for a 100% challenge all the way to christmas!

Good luck to all still to WI. xxx

Hey lovely spanx, don't be disappointed with a loss, that's a great result!!!!! I'm really proud of you and your success. I'm aiming to lose about the same this year, so am with you on this determination to lose over the next three weighins!!

Well done on all your losses Ladies and men if there are any out there :D
Totally ecstatic, just weighed in and a 2 lb loss takes me to 2 stones woo hoo.
I think it must be true, the more you eat, the more you loose as I had my works xmas dinner Friday night and still lost,

:)

Yay, that's terrific, well done Angem, two stones is a great amount, you must feel fab!

2 lb gain this morning. I think my massive, off-plan dinner is still in my tummy and that this is a temporary gain. Not serious enough to napalm my pea tree anyway :eek: Will try harder this week to save my peas, honest.

Well done everyone, especially Honey whose joy is contagious :D

*wags finger at Why_D for skipping his dinner* Well done on the amazing loss at the same time :D

Kwise, hope you feel better soon. I agree, it is miserable enough feeling ill and having a gain without having to strip your beautiful tree too :) x

Hey lovely Silly!!! You're doing really well, and I know this is a tiny little blip - and I've had enough of them to be an authority!!! :D

Hi...

Starting over today. Fed up of putting weight on ~ and binge eating. Managed to lose a pound last week but disheartened as its still three pounds on from the week before ~ hence my fresh start....

Here's hoping I can stay away from the booze!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hey Judith, good luck with the starting over plan! That never really worked very well for me, but I can totally understand your desire for a clean sheet, and this is a great time to start for sure!

Hello everyone :)

I would just like to point to my new shiny stickers in my signature :D SOW & SOM!!!

Well done!

Ok so iv had a great day (off plan)
6oz Aberdeen Angus burger, with a slice of roast beef, cheese and onions yum, half a belgium waffle with choc sauce and cream, caramel peanuts. Waiting for the chinese order to come.
Been walking for about 5 hours, had a hot bath and wrapped more xmas prezzies!

Back