Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Vicky - might be off plan food making you feel sluggish? Don't feel bad - it is only once a year (ish). Hope you enjoyed your night out. Maybe a walk in the cold would energise you and keep you away from munchy food? See you at weigh in - you might get a nice surprise :D

Hello - we have loads of snow!!!!!!!!!!! Blooming weather. Am doing really well this week, but have this terrible urge to binge (not gonna!) but it's really strong. Wonder why? Could be the cold and the blizzards and storms - I want to curl up in the warm and eat pizza and cupcake?

Anyway, hoping for a loss tomorrow - how's everyone's week going?

I think its because I dont go out often and it was a late night for me. They also didnt have anything flat or diet so I drank alot of normal coke so think I maybe coming down from the suger high! lol
Im just heading to the kitchen. Going to have dippy eggs and bread for my dinner. Iv got some cleaning to do before I put my tree up so hoping that gets me moving

Hi all.
For the first time since I joined this thread, I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.
Only started properly back on Tuesday, but I've been 100% since then - despite a work Christmas do last night (!!)
AND for the first time since I got to target and fell off, I REALLY feel that my head's back in this game.

So - scales - here I come!

[ETA: Scales are now scurrying towards the back door in a futile attempt to escape...]

well i'm predicting a massive gain for me tomorrow! lol have not had the best of weeks and am just back from a massive meal out, so even if it's not a true gain tonight's dinner will more than likely show, lol

Sts!! Really pleased as I was expecting a gain. Been a rough week with a heavy cold( still!) ofsted stress led to poor eating. Getting a grip today so it doesn't catch up with me next week. Won't be easy, still craving sugar and stodgy food!
Happy weigh in everyone
X

I'm so depressed this morning - I put on 2 lbs this morning, and I have no idea why. It's so hard to lose weight just now, and it shouldn't be so tough at my size. I had a 100% week, resisted all temptation, and really really was very good. So it feels so unfair to have this gain this morning. I did eat out twice this week (at lunchtime), and did the very best I could:

- At an Indian restaurant, I had chickpea/lamb curry with pilau rice. No naan, no ice cream, no sauces etc
- At another restaurant, I had all day vegetarian breakfast: scrambled eggs, dry toast, veg haggis, mushrooms, coffee

I think I've eaten really lightly all week, so this is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I know I shouldn't feel so sorry for myself, but honestly - what's the point in eating so well, if I still put on weight?

I know, I know - suck it up!!! Okay, have dug out a notepad, I'm going to write down every single thing I eat this week and quantities to see if I can make a difference. I suspect it's my lack of activity that's hampering me, but it's so painful to do anything. And I did do two sessions of keep fit as well. Oh well, I guess I just need to re-evaluate some things to lose weight. It's still my number one goal, and I will get motivated, I just feel so let down right now.

Honey try not to let it get you down. our bodies work in odd ways and its not the first time you've gained after a 100% but it'll show next week as long as you stick with it.

as suspected i gained 2lbs. I'm surprised it's not worse.. here's hoping this next week isnt too bad..

good luck all

Sorry it hasn't worked for you this week, Honey. But as Why_d so why-sely says (see what I did there???), sometimes, for no reason that we can fathom, the scales like to keep us in suspense. If you stick with the 100% (and writing everything down should confirm that it really, truly is 100%!) then you may well get 2 weeks of losses all at once next week.

And Why_d - well done for keeping the gain so low. If you were expecting worse, that's a real achievement. 2lb is nothing, in the grand scheme of things, is it?

Well I'm very happy with a 3lb loss this week.
Considering the week included a work do (at which I was angelic!), and that I didn't really start being 100% until Tuesday, I'm WELL happy with that.
Now I've just got to stick to it, as limpet-like as I can this week.
I've got a pub lunch on Tuesday, where I intend to be able to be 100% still. Don't see any reason why not.
Chinese meal out on Wednesday, where I'm not!
2nd Work do on Friday night, where I've made the best choices I can (melon & ham, salmon, but chocolate torte for pudding!)
So we'll have to see.
Next week, ANY loss would be good, but I'm hoping for another good one. It's only Week 2 of being back, and I did well in all my early weeks before, so here's hoping!

Have a good week everyone, and good luck to those still to weigh in.

1lb of for me this week which isn't bad as no exercise at all apart from traipsing round Leeds all day yesterday Christmas shopping.

I GAINED 3lbs! Even I'm surprised at that one. I did have a bigger loss that expected last week so maybe that has something to do with it. Still, that's a very big gain :S

WG - stick with it and make those changes :)

Honey - you know this anyway but sometimes you need to hear it from others. SW is not a precise science and there are lots of factors involved in this. That 2 lb will not be a real gain, it will come off again and if you continue to stick to plan, that effort will show up somewhere in another week - how many weeks have you had a slightly larger loss than expected Or a STS instead of a gain ? Stick with it and look at what you have achieved so far. It's amazing - look around this site at how many have done what you have done over the time that you have ? Not many. So be PROUD and see you next week.

Well done Why_d - glad it wasn't more as expected :)

JofT - fabby loss for a first (half) week. Great realistic plan for the week - mine looks similar I think ! See you next week :D

Well done Angem. Keep it up :)

PinkToaster - you have probably just demonstrated beautifully what I just said to honey. Hopefully next week will be better.

I lost 1.5 lbs this week - probably a fair reflection of what was mostly another good week with the odd hiccup. This week will be tough - away for 3 days with a flexi synned night plus hotel breakfasts as well as work do. I'll do my best. Hoping for a STS like Sarah next week !

See you then.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

A 2lb gain here and a start again after now feeling yeuch eating what I have!!

Provided I can stay under what I started at on Jan 1st I will remain happy - as that will be another new years res for me!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Seems like a lot of us are having strange results this week! I put it down to the weather, the dark nights and SAD!

I've STS, which is a disappointment, after a largely good week (5 days on plan, two off-plan but not really naughty!).

I think I'm going to be realistic and aim to STS between now and New Year - I've looked at me social calendar and I don't think it's sensible to expect any more than that. Hopefully in the New Year my motivation will kick in again and I'll be raring to go to get those last few pesky pounds off!

Will be WI and reporting every week though - including Christmas morning! xxx

Hi there,

Not quite sure how I did it but 2 pounds off for me. Must have been that upset tummy.

Need to make more of an effort this week but I have a Christmas Dinner to go to ~ and I have decided what I'm going to eat... all I can say is either major confession time or ENJOY and work hard to minimise damage. Think I'm going to ENJOY!!!!!!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

we've def lost a significant number of people over the last number of weeks! fingers crossed they're still hovering about and will post again when back on track

Hi everyone reporting in late as been out all day, another pound off for me, but have probably gained again as had a massive meal out today. Am going to try to be really good for next few days before the next round of Xmas parties. Congrats to everyone who has lost and big hugs to those who have gained x

why_d said:
we've def lost a significant number of people over the last number of weeks! fingers crossed they're still hovering about and will post again when back on track

I think it's a difficult time of year to stay focused - I know I'm struggling and debated whether to weigh or not and then post or not :-(

Feeling like cold turkey at the moment

Kx

I think it's a difficult time of year to stay focused - I know I'm struggling and debated whether to weigh or not and then post or not :-(

Feeling like cold turkey at the moment

Kx

i know what you mean.... i think it's important to try and post each week... we know it's a roller-coaster but need to reports highs and lows... as difficult as that is!

why_d said:
i know what you mean.... i think it's important to try and post each week... we know it's a roller-coaster but need to reports highs and lows... as difficult as that is!

You are so right. But it's hard , so much easier to post when u are on a high cos you have lost weight - and can motivate others. When u put weight on , all you wanna do is hide - or post and go!

But I am still here - and I'm so hungry - I hate red day hunger

Kx

Back