Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

See. the way I look at it, I can cope with a gain on New Year's Day, because we'll get it off by the following Sunday, so that's actually not bad if that's the only blip over the festive season. The timing is good, really...!!

I'm so cold though. Do you all suffer with being freezing now you've lost weight? I've just ordered a microwaveable hot water bottle!

Honey39 said:
I'm so cold though. Do you all suffer with being freezing now you've lost weight? I've just ordered a microwaveable hot water bottle!

OMG. Definitely. I get soooo much more cold now. Let me know how the microwaveable bottle goes :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

They were selling microwavable hotties in the Esso garage when I was in last week.

I am very cold too since losing some weight. I might be about 4 stone lighter, but with the many, many layers I have to wear to work to keep warm, I look bigger than ever! :eek: I have fingerless, woolly typing gloves. Seriously lol

I have the fingerless typing gloves too!!! I ordered them for work - black wristies they're called....:)

Apparently you can upgrade to cashmere for an extra £30....!!

Glad to know it's not just me. Do you think we'll acclimatise by next winter, because I am perishing cold all the time. Still, I suppose it's a nice problem to have - and also, because I've lost so much weight, I have loads of clothes that I can actually layer up, so that's good.

Had a great day of being 100%, so am very pleased about that.

Good afternoon all. I'm slinking back in after a disappointing couple of weeks. I haven't really been following plan properly, mostly because I haven't been writing it down so a lot of "it won't matter"'s have passed my lips! I have done a lot of exercise this last week though which I think was my only saviour at last night's weigh in! After losing the 4lb, getting slimmer of the week & slimmer of the month for november I just went completely off on one! I don't know if I thought this is easy I can do it without thinking about it or if I was just being my usual self destructive self but more take aways have been eaten over the last few weeks than I care to admit :(
So I put on 3lb last week which I was upset about, but I do know that it was completely my own fault, I stepped it up this week and have been taking the dog out loads, just walking round the block, but walking at speed and doing several laps each time! Either Misty is loving all the extra walks or she's getting fed up with the same route every time but never mind! She's getting dragged along so I don't look too insane walking round and round the block every day!
Last night, as I said, I lost 1lb which while it wasn't a great result, I was pleased about because at least it was a loss! And considering what we've been eating I definitely think it's the exercise that has given me that loss.

This week I'm aiming to keep up with the exercise, but I need to get my food right too now. I think I'm going to be ok though, I just need to stop being lazy and prepare some proper food.

Sorry for the long rambling post but I wanted to give you all a proper update as I've been absent!

Take care all,
xXx

Good afternoon all. I'm slinking back in after a disappointing couple of weeks. I haven't really been following plan properly, mostly because I haven't been writing it down so a lot of "it won't matter"'s have passed my lips! I have done a lot of exercise this last week though which I think was my only saviour at last night's weigh in! After losing the 4lb, getting slimmer of the week & slimmer of the month for november I just went completely off on one! I don't know if I thought this is easy I can do it without thinking about it or if I was just being my usual self destructive self but more take aways have been eaten over the last few weeks than I care to admit :(
So I put on 3lb last week which I was upset about, but I do know that it was completely my own fault, I stepped it up this week and have been taking the dog out loads, just walking round the block, but walking at speed and doing several laps each time! Either Misty is loving all the extra walks or she's getting fed up with the same route every time but never mind! She's getting dragged along so I don't look too insane walking round and round the block every day!
Last night, as I said, I lost 1lb which while it wasn't a great result, I was pleased about because at least it was a loss! And considering what we've been eating I definitely think it's the exercise that has given me that loss.

This week I'm aiming to keep up with the exercise, but I need to get my food right too now. I think I'm going to be ok though, I just need to stop being lazy and prepare some proper food.

Sorry for the long rambling post but I wanted to give you all a proper update as I've been absent!

Take care all,
xXx

Hey Emma, welcome back!!!! I know you've been through a lot this year and it's easy to stop tracking and keeping hold of this, but it sounds like you've really turned it around. Well done for going back, weighing in and not leaving it till t he new year. I think that you're going to see great progress in the last few weeks of 2011, so you'll bounce into 2012 full of energy and determination! Well done you! :D

A thought: Samus - were you 'too extreme' when you started ? I mean were you using your syns and eating enough ? I know for me, if I'm 'too strict', I can't keep it up. This has to feel like 'normal' eating eg a bit of chocolate/what I fancy (within syns) but not keeping my syns too low, otherwise I go off track.

Sausage - I like your exercise challenge. I have been RUBBISH since I started (apart from the killing 10k 'run' in May with little training - bleurgh). I don't think I could manage any more than 10 mins at the moment but I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Gail - i think you may be right! I never really thought about it before but looked through my food diaries.
For the first week or two i pretty much kept to my 10syns daily but just made sure i had enough left for a sunday night choccie bar treat.
As the weeks went on i was 'saving' more and more syns so that i could have a bigger and bigger treat each sunday night - this was fine but as soon as i was under a little bit of pressure (i had a big exam) the sunday night treat turned into a binge, although it was within syns - i can see now that it was a ridiculous amount of food to eat in one sitting and then the sunday nights started bleeding into monday mornings then tuesdays (one more day wont make a difference feeling)... and the rest is history!
Lessons Samus has learned:
dont go without to 'save' syns, a little of what you fancy each day does you good, dont let a bad day turn into a bad month, i need to learn to deal with stress in some other way than munching galaxy ripples, dairy milk bars and buttered toast!
I almost hate to think how much closer i could have been to my goal if I had just taken it a little bit easier in the first place.
I can see im not the only one struggling a bit at the moment - the support on here is amazing.
Anyways a good week for me so far,looking forward to weighing in on Sunday, hope you will all be there with me xxx

Samus - don't look back at 'what if', look forward to 'when'. We all have hiccups - every single one of us here knows that. It was your turn then to fall off the perch, just as it's my turn (again) this week :eek:. Move on and get back on it. You can make it happen :)

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Gail - You seem to have great insight and empathy when replying to everyones tales of woe! Thank you!Get back on that perch - you deserve to be on it xxx

Hi guys!!! Happy Saturday :)

Well, I went to the doctor about my hip yesterday, and she was so incredibly nice. She said I was her star patient for losing so much weight! The hip - she said it was either bursitis or early onset osteo arthritis. I have to have an xray over xmas and go back in January. But she said that it was really important for me to go back to walking for weight loss, and we had a long discussion about pain management. She didn't think I would exacerbate my hip by walking, so that was good.

She took my blood pressure, and could not believe the first reading, so did it again on a different machine. Anyway, I have perfect blood pressure, lol, on the low healthy side. So that was a relief, although not something I have ever worried about.

Finally she asked to weigh me, and I said my weight. But I was fully clothed in shoes and woolly jumpers and layers (and you know we Sunday weighers always weigh nekkid!!) and I was four pounds UNDER my estimated weight - that was a sweet moment, I have to say!

So, I felt good about yesterday. I had been really worried, and I feel at least I'm being supervised now, and given the go-ahead to exercise again. I can live with the pain, and I had been scared of taking pain killers for too long. The doctor confirmed that the most important thing I can do to reduce hip pain is to get to my goal weight. She was so impressed by my journey (I think!) which was true: a long, slow, steady consistent weight loss of a pound or two for nearly 17 months. And interestingly, she used to run an obesity clinic, so I could talk to her about that too. I was in there for nearly forty minutes, which is unheard of in the UK - such a fab doctor.

I'm thinking of asking her if I can go back in June and December next year to be 'officially' weighed. She has all my stats, and it would be a really good incentive to go and show her that I am losing weight. I'm also thinking it would be no bad thing to go back regularly if I did need to have any surgery in a few years time to demonstrate my long-term commitment to weight loss and then weight loss maintenance. I think it would also be great for accountability and all that. Maybe I'd see the practice nurse? Anyway, am going to talk about that in January.

Sorry, another long self-involved post!! It had a huge impact on my motivation though, and made me feel really good about myself. I've been 100% this week, although I'm going out to a big party tonight, so who knows what tomorrow will bring! I'm going to focus on not drinking, eating healthy, and avoiding sugary snacks.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend - Samus, as lovely Gail says, we have ALL fallen off that perch, and I don't think it's actually healthy to never have drawbacks or hard weeks, because we're not learning or developing how to cope. I FIRMLY believe that the key to successful weight loss is turning up, being accountable and to 'own' your journey. So while individual weeks are tough, the overall trend is a successful weight loss!!

Have a fab day everyone :D

You guys are so fab and supportive!
The little parrot is so far off her perch :-( eat eat eat chocolate crisps ugh.
Weighed in today and 1.5 lb back on.

Going to start again today and try again, again!! I have been doing this a year and I think I am tired of it, but I really really don't want to put it back on and feel sluggish right now. My cold is going slowly , got antibiotics , got so much to do and no will to do it!! Sigh winge moan.
Right, positive thinking. Seeing my mum and bro on 25 th and want to feel good for then, going for it!!!
Thanks for listening :) x

morning all

i'd a bit of a mixed week and managed to pull off a STS but i did have a kebab on fri (the first in about 3 years - and sadly it was lush! lol) and am seeing the water retention affects of that so i'm actually hoping that it's actually a loss... either way next week will tell... eek!

Good morning everyone!! Well, after last week's gain, I am really really pleased to say that this morning I have lost 3.5 lbs. So happy, huge smiles, I feel absolutely delighted this morning!!!

What I did differently this week:
- wrote down everything I ate, and actually calculated syns values properly (very illuminating)
- started walking again yesterday on doctor's orders
- ate as well as I could at all social events

Hope everyone is feeling loved, inspired, motivated and ready for the last two weeks of 2011. I love this thread!!

Off plan at the moment - wishing you all well with your weigh-ins.

I will be back properly for the New Years Res weigh -in 2012

Gonna try to be good in between the bad!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning everyone!

Honey, well done, that is fantastic! So pleased that you found an empathetic ear at the Doctor's - sadly all too rare in these days of targets and time pressures! Sounds like you've really got your mojo back, so that's brilliant!

Well done to all the other losers and maintainers and commiserations, but stick with it to all the gainers - think there's just something hard about trying to be good at this time of year - perhaps Santa's elves are trying to knock us all off the 'good' list so they don't have to make as many pressies!!! :D:p

Lost 1lb this morning. Really pleased with that after a weekend of red wine, hangover and half a loaf of tiger bread! :eek::eek::eek: Still, I was really focused for the other 5 days, so it obviously did the trick!

3.5lbs to go to target - really going to try and get there in January! See you all on Christmas day! xxx

I am happy to have achieved a STS this week after a combination of healthy meals, a little exercise and some very unhealthy snacks (iced gems, for example lol)

Well done all the Sunday Gang and congratulations to Honey for re-finding her mojo :bunnydance:

Morning all.
Well done Honey, that's brilliant.
And well done to people who've managed to pull off losses or STSs against the odds.
To the gainers - I hope that you've enjoyed the eating! It's really tough at this time of year, isn't it?

Well, I managed a 1.5lb loss this week: I had a couple of off-plan meals out, but in between I was good.

I'm hoping for a net STS over the next 2 weeks. I don't actually see why I can't lose this coming week, as there's not much off-plan stuff planned (as it were), but we'll see what happens.
And anything I do lose will be my leeway for the next week.

So here goes.
I'll weigh in again on Christmas Day, and again on New Year's Day.
Obviously there are a lot of potential ups & downs between now and then, so all I'm hoping for is to be this weight or less on the other side.

We'll see.
Good luck, everyone!

Back