Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Ha ha, I have no idea who Pete is....probably a Yorkshire-ism!

On plan again today but am just feeling bloated and crappy..really need the painters to show up ;)

Hang in there everyone!

Hi all,

Well done to everyone losing or STS this week!

I'm slinking back in with my tail firmly between my legs after more than two months off plan...:eek:

I had put 15.5 pounds back on, but after a good week this week, I've managed to lose 5 of those already... onwards and downwards!

I see a lot of new sunday weighers have joined, welcome and good luck! Hope some more of the oldies are still around too...:)

Spanx!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! :D I missed you, so good to see you

congrats Honey! as you say this small gain is nothing in the long plan. job security etc are important enough to relax a bit for 2 weeks. you'll be back on the wagon quickly enough!

welcome back spanx!

Thanks Why_D, I'm struggling to get back in the zone, but hanging in there!

Woohoo!!! Congratulations Honey on your promotion. That must be such a ton of stress off you this week :D x

I had a mixed week and ended up with a STS which I am happy enough with. I was taken out for dinner by my children today. This is the first time in EVER that this has happened lol so I had the goats cheese and caramelised red onion pizza and I don't care :p Offset the calories a bit by digging in the garden and planting a cherry tree. Beautiful, sunny day here :D

Well done all the Sunday shrinkers this week :party0019:

((((((((((((((((((SILLY!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))) you're back and so pleased to see you!! I've missed you being here all the time. I've been less present, although dutifully weighing in every Sunday no matter what. Am hoping that we see a loss this week!

I'm really struggling at the moment to find my food mojo. I'm exercising regularly (for the first time in my life I'm enjoying it!) but when it comes to food, I'm failing. I think I'm bored to be honest, I tend to eat the same things because I know they're syn free of low syn so I don't experiment. I'm having a look now at the "What's for lunch" thread because that's when I fall off the wagon.

I'm still reading this thread but I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. I need to, but I'm scared to be honest. Denial is safe!

Awwwwww, just keep at it - I'm struggling too, but we'll get there!

An interesting thing - I've been trying to track this week, and have realised how relaxed I've become - I sort of had been doing a mixture of slimming world and calorie counting, which maybe doesn't work. I AM fairly relaxed about it all now, but I do need to refocus. Very much want to see a loss this weekend, so that's driving me. It's all about accountability.

I don't know if you ever read online blogs about weight loss (I do!), but there are a few I'm reading now where the writer is totally honest about putting weight back on. It's scary to watch someone regain 40 lbs, and just see this slip away. So I want to get to a maintenance goal and then see how I do. Losing weight and keeping it off for life remains my number one priority, jobs and interviews aside. The thought of regaining all the weight I've lost makes me unbelievably sad.

Anyway, good luck to all the fab Sunday weighers - go us!!!!!!!!

Honey - love your last post and I too have been kinda mixing SW with calorie counting at times but when I look at my best weeks I know it's when I've stuck to SW properly. So after a terrible weekend I am back on track and loving it. Will be happy to lose a pound a week if it stays off and I will keep eating the SW way for life with odd days off for special occasions!! I feel so much better already and really think I can do this finally.

On the lunch theme I was lazy today and had an ainsley harriot packet vegetable soup (5 syns for a cup-a-soup!!) with an apple and banana but tomorrow I have leftover chicken stew with loads of veggies to microwave and syn free. Will have it with HEB wholemeal bread and more fruit.

Good luck everyone xx

Honey - love your last post and I too have been kinda mixing SW with calorie counting at times but when I look at my best weeks I know it's when I've stuck to SW properly. So after a terrible weekend I am back on track and loving it. Will be happy to lose a pound a week if it stays off and I will keep eating the SW way for life with odd days off for special occasions!! I feel so much better already and really think I can do this finally.

On the lunch theme I was lazy today and had an ainsley harriot packet vegetable soup (5 syns for a cup-a-soup!!) with an apple and banana but tomorrow I have leftover chicken stew with loads of veggies to microwave and syn free. Will have it with HEB wholemeal bread and more fruit.

Good luck everyone xx

Sounds like a nice lunch - but what a waste of syns on a cup-a-soup, lol!!!

I'm struggling today, but sticking at it. It's TOTM, which means I'm craving chocolate and stodge. A banana doesn't cut it, lol. I'm refocused though - I want to see a loss this week.

Hope everyone's having a fab week, eating well and living well :D

Thought id pop in and see how everone is doing .....

I am absutly dreding sunday .... for the last two weeks i have not had one day of staying on track !! (Think its not the best idea keeping easter eggs in a chocoholic household just because there on offer !!)

I seem to do brilliantly untill tea time and bed !!

I have felt quite poorly today so have had very little (in comparison to a "normal" day ) haha .... I have eaten ....

half a easter egg = 265 cals
buttons from easter egg = 340 cals
and a tin of ww tom soup = 76 cals ....

Have been drinking nothing but water for last 3 days although the 1st day i forgot and had 1 cup of tea

my get up and go for dieting has just got up and gone =(

kerry2008 said:
Thought id pop in and see how everone is doing .....

I am absutly dreding sunday .... for the last two weeks i have not had one day of staying on track !! (Think its not the best idea keeping easter eggs in a chocoholic household just because there on offer !!)

I seem to do brilliantly untill tea time and bed !!

I have felt quite poorly today so have had very little (in comparison to a "normal" day ) haha .... I have eaten ....

half a easter egg = 265 cals
buttons from easter egg = 340 cals
and a tin of ww tom soup = 76 cals ....

Have been drinking nothing but water for last 3 days although the 1st day i forgot and had 1 cup of tea

my get up and go for dieting has just got up and gone =(

How can we help you find the get up and go that has gone walkabouts? I also find evenings the toughest time of the day so I plan in advance what I am going to have as treats. Can you give your Easter eggs away early? How many do you still have?

Easter eggs - OMIGOD they are such good value and around for ages!!

Evenings are my downfall too.......sometimes I keep my healthy extra b for munching - 2 Alpen light bars. Oranges are lovely at the mo and the muller yog (again!).

Hardest thing for me has been giving up the vino but it leads me to raid the kitchen like a thing possessed and now limit myself to weekends only. In fact sometimes I don't bother now so I am retraining myself. Have also stopped drinking diet coke - was spending too much and it didn't last 2 minutes. Now find that I am drinking much more water by having sugar free squash instead.

On the lunch front I have discovered the frozen microwave jacket potatoes By McCain - just 5 mins in the microwave and perfect :)

Hope everyone is keeping on track x

On the lunch front I have discovered the frozen microwave jacket potatoes By McCain - just 5 mins in the microwave and perfect :)

Hope everyone is keeping on track x

Hey DM

not sure if you're aware but these Potatoes are 1 syn each on EE and Green. they use oil to help crisp the skins.

a regular baked potato in the micro should only take about 6 mins or so... not as crispy but FREE

All_about_the_climb said:
Trying my hardest to stay on track but my serial weighing is pissing me off (no one to blame but myself, I know). I haven't gone over my syn count this week, the worst I've done was yday when I didn't have 1/3 superfree with my dinner yet the scales tell me different. I think I need to throw them away!

I totally understand what you are going through. I too am, or should I say was, a serial weigher. My behavior and mood was dictated by what the scales told me each morning. If I was down it made me think OK I can eat more and if it was up I wanted to comfort eat! And moped around the house angry and sorry for myself. Not good for the diet or my husband!! As you say, the scales showed my weight varying wildly every day.
I buddied up with someone else on the forum with the same problem and we check up on each other every day. I am the sort of person who given a challenge will not give in easily. I am only on my fifth non weigh day and it has not been easy but I don't want to let myself down.

Why_D ........ Thanks for the info - couldn't find the syns on-line so appreciate your advice. Feel they are worth the 1 syn for a quick fix. When I microwave my jackets I like to crisp them in oven after so will still use these when I fancy one for work - only get 20 min break :(

Today I am Having Baxters Cock-a-Leekie soup 4.5 syns for whole tin for lunch as clearing out cupboard lol

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Happy Friday guys!!! Jacket potatoes sounds like a smart lunch, if you ask me!

I'm still struggling, but posting here and writing helps. I'm struggling but overeating slightly on healthy options (eg a muller light yoghurt in the evening when I want something sweet, bananas etc). I want to see a loss this week, and am focusing on that.

Would love to lose 2.5 lbs on Sunday and get back the 120 lbs lost - I really like that milestone, it's very significant.

Right, will report in later - have a fab day everyone :D

Finally the Russians have arrived - I hope I can lose the *week fluid before WI on Sunday.

My husband's business has a grand re-opening tomorrow complete with pies, pizza, brownies and biscotta snacks....be a miracle if I resist that lot :rolleyes:

Hey all

Hi daisy bell .... wish i could but there for my three kids !! In total i have ate 5 over the last 3weeks - not good !!!

Have had a very good day today tho so far ... but the evening isnt over ... really dont want to wreck the day though .

i had , bacon beans and egg with 1 white toast ( crusts cut off ) for breaky

mcd's grilled chicken salad for dinner

1 garlic pitta ( 7 syns) with pork and cabbage and table spoon of hellmens low low mayo !!

Have a migraine from hell and really wanted to do my 30 day shred today :mad: ... hoping it bogs off

x

Big oops....just eaten half an Easter egg and drinking vino!!

hahahaha you sound like me !!!

Think we should sue the choc companys :D

x

This week I have been on a challenge not to weigh myself between Sundays. Almost there but finding today really hard. Have had small but steady losses every week since I started in January. Have convinced myself that It will be a gain this week. Will have to see tomorrow. How can I get out of this obsessing about the lbs? Not weighing myself everyday was supposed to help me kick this.

daisybell18 said:
This week I have been on a challenge not to weigh myself between Sundays. Almost there but finding today really hard. Have had small but steady losses every week since I started in January. Have convinced myself that It will be a gain this week. Will have to see tomorrow. How can I get out of this obsessing about the lbs? Not weighing myself everyday was supposed to help me kick this.

Snap snap snap! I am obsessed with the scales and know that tomorrow I will freak out if I've gained or sts simply because bar one meal (I didn't have a third sfree) I've been on plan. As for not weighing yourself I genuinely don't know :( I weigh myself EVERYtime I go to the bathroom! It's crap.

Back