Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I am back in the fray now I have an Internet connection. That's the good news. The bad news is that I am not going to lift us out of a bad week as I am still at 12 st 1 lb! Just can't shift that last pound to get below the twelves. Have tried upping my calorie intake to then dip down when I get back to plan but that hasn't seemed to work. Anyone tried the two day fast that I have been reading about? Two days at 600 cals or in slimming world speak, one fruit, 4 veg and loads of diet yogurt, then back on plan with green days for the rest of the week.

How can we motivate each other so that next week is a bumper weight loss for us all?

How can we motivate each other so that next week is a bumper weight loss for us all?

And that is the 6 million dollar question!

I've stayed on track, but am so disappointed this week. I know there's a separate diary forum but we could post each day's food and exercise and compare notes? Today for me:-

Red Day
2 x Weetabix HEB
Milk HEA

Banana

Sea Bass - grilled
2 x Ryvitas + 1 Alpen Light HEB
1/2 tub cottage cheese 1 Syn
Free 0% fruit yoghurt

No exercise today except a splash about in the sea!

Up 2.2lbs, but I'm sure it's water weight... I did sneakily weigh myself yesterday morning and it was a STS from previous week.

Last edited:
Count me in ladies, I definitely think posting about our day in here will help :)
I'm setting the challenge publicly in the hope that I stick to it that I am GOING to do week 1 of C25K this week and get back in to the 30 day shred! I have nothing planned this week so there's no reason I can't do it!

I've done the shred twice now so have moved on to Ripped in 30 - I do actually think I could be a little bit in love with Jillian Michaels :eek:

well my OH managed to buy the wrong bread and the wrong marge....so ive had 1 slice of wholemeal with marmite and a yoghurt....dinner will be cold mushy peas and various fruit....then a walk when i get home to tesco to get tea.....prob jacket spuds n salad. i have 4lb to shift toget my 3stone....didnt realise i was actually that close...and 2lb to get out the 12s. go on holiday on 20th sept and i want to shift as much as poss before then. new target of being a size 12 for xmas....im just in the size 14s at mo....first time ever in my life!!

I am on a mission! I am 1 1/2 lbs from 12 stone and aim to get below this by next Sunday. OH goes away tomorrow morning so I am making sure he clears all the bad foods from the fridge before then.

So far today -

Bfast - pear and fat free Greek yogurt
Lunch - curried parsnip soup
Snack - nectarine
Dinner - jacket potato and prawns with salad.
Drinks - mint tea, green tea, pink grapefruit cordial

Tonight we have guests from 8pm so not cooking for them. Will prepare a few SW friendly snacks. Cucumber slice topped with low fat Philly and smoked salmon, carrot sticks with low fat dip (homemade) cherry tomatoes, mango slices. No wine for me. Will be sticking to fizzy water tonight.

Will try to motivate myself to do 50 mins Kettlercise. Have already done 45 min walk. Will up that to 1 1/2 hours by end of day.

Day one of new regime and I am more than half way through without any hiccups. How is everyone else getting on?

Last edited:
Ladies I need someone to put a rocket up my arse, as yet I have done NOTHING today! I really want to start c25k but then that lazy, fat bit of my brain kicks in and screams people in cars will laugh at you! Ahhh! I've also only had breakfast so far (shreddies, milk, banana) and I don't really feel hungry, forced myself to eat breakfast tbh...I feel it could be down to the evil work of a two day hangover! Never again (until next time)

Lady at works 60th.....she made samosas....I had 1 as I've never had real Asian 1s before....very nice! Anyway it means jacket n salad for tea for me....and a walk but not with the dog as he did 5mile Yest which is prob 10mile in his tiny steps lol

kimmie2709 said:
Lady at works 60th.....she made samosas....I had 1 as I've never had real Asian 1s before....very nice! Anyway it means jacket n salad for tea for me....and a walk but not with the dog as he did 5mile Yest which is prob 10mile in his tiny steps lol

Well done on the walk. Did you enjoy the samosa? If you did it was worth it. Great idea to go for a low fat meal to compensate this evening.

Jenna88 said:
Ladies I need someone to put a rocket up my arse, as yet I have done NOTHING today! I really want to start c25k but then that lazy, fat bit of my brain kicks in and screams people in cars will laugh at you! Ahhh! I've also only had breakfast so far (shreddies, milk, banana) and I don't really feel hungry, forced myself to eat breakfast tbh...I feel it could be down to the evil work of a two day hangover! Never again (until next time)

I am not medically qualified so cannot do as you request! You know exactly what you have to do. Put a sock in the mouth of the fat bit and listen to what the thin bit says. Ie let's have something to eat, ideally protein then head out for a walk / run in the fresh air. I will be back on here later and hope to see you've done it.
do you want to lose weight or don't you? That is the only question that you have to answer.

Well done on the walk. Did you enjoy the samosa? If you did it was worth it. Great idea to go for a low fat meal to compensate this evening.

samosa was nice...not nice enough to break plan for tho tbh, but nice enough to keep away from the works restaurant area for rest of day....local shop didnt have big enough potatoes for jackets so ive done new potatoes boiled with some chopped garlic in the water, a side salad, and ive put the asda bbq salmon n chilli butter through the syns online calculator and it says its free on extra easy. might do some garden peas aswell.

we have a 8mile bike ride planned for saturday....really looking forward to it so i hope its good but not too hot weather. bbq at a friends sat night....going to take some chicken in tandori spices with a big salad....AND TRY N KEEP AWAY FROM MY FRIEND JAYS AMAZING HOME MADE QUICHE!!! :( LOL

samosa was nice...not nice enough to break plan for tho tbh, but nice enough to keep away from the works restaurant area for rest of day....local shop didnt have big enough potatoes for jackets so ive done new potatoes boiled with some chopped garlic in the water, a side salad, and ive put the asda bbq salmon n chilli butter through the syns online calculator and it says its free on extra easy. might do some garden peas aswell.

we have a 8mile bike ride planned for saturday....really looking forward to it so i hope its good but not too hot weather. bbq at a friends sat night....going to take some chicken in tandori spices with a big salad....AND TRY N KEEP AWAY FROM MY FRIEND JAYS AMAZING HOME MADE QUICHE!!! :( LOL

Mmmmm quiche :drool:

So today's effort, Red Day: -

2 slices wholemeal bread HEB
1 x Laughing Cow Light Triangle Pt HEA
Ham
Milk HEA

Mackrel in tomato sauce
2 x Ryvita + 1 Alpen Light HEB
Fresh Pineapple
Free 0% Fruit Yoghurt

Pork Ribs 250g very fatty! 6 syns
Lettuce Salad with oil 3 syns

Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30 day 6

Jenna88 - we cant let ourselves off the hook! What are you going to do to make up for the lack of exercise yesterday?

Well stuck to plan yesterday except for half a dozen bite sized water biscuits. No idea how many syns but can't be many. Failed miserably on the exercise front . Don't have an excuse just didn't get round to it. Will definitely make a real effort today.

25 mins kettlebells
1 hour walk
1 hour cycling. Will get the bike out of the shed and head for the beach. A bit out of practice so riding along the promenade will be the safest option for me.

Food planned for today

B'fast- Strawbs and mango with fat free yogurt
Lunch - pan fried haddock, cauliflower, peas, cherry tomatoes. Capers with everything as I have a giant jar to use up! Poached pear.1 syn
Snack - nectarine, 2 ryvita, Philly light, jam 2 syns
Dinner- mushroom omelette, grilled aubergine, cherry tomatoes, homemade raspberry with crushed meringue. 2 syns

How fancy does your life sound lol where as I've gone to work on coffee n dry toast, left early cuz of roadworks....which had gone over night....so now sat in car park lol dinner will be apples, exercise will be dropping boxes off around the hospital. Then home for sw chips, turkey n veg. I need a holiday lol

How's everyone doing? No exercise for me today but food went like this: -

Green Day

2 x Weetabix HEB
Milk HEA

Baked Potato
Cottage Cheese 1 syn
Sweetcorn
Alpen Light Bar 3 syns
Ryvita 1.5 syns

Chilli with a mountain of rice (mince HEB)

No exercise for me either, need to spend time getting my head straight before I start it. Have been quite obsessively thinking about food and weight and I don't like it. I need to find a way to not let it be the first thought to enter my head in the morn and my last thought at night.

Been 100% today

Breakfast/lunch
Shreddies, banana and milk.

Dinner
Philly pasta (5syns)

Snack
Handful of grapes
Bowl of carrot sticks

Back