Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi ladies,
Day 3 on plan for me. Could def do with less choc though (but all within syns).

I have only just realised that some chocolate is worse than no chocolate for me. Is there a group for chocoholics anonymous? As soon as I start eating sugary foods I crave more and that's when the binging starts. Am also beginning to wonder whether fruit also contributes to this.

Thoughts?

Apart from time of the month I don't really crave anything sweet. It's not always choc for me sometimes I will crave a pudding like treacle sponge and custard. I'm ok with eating fruit , as long as I'm not hungry I'm ok. That's why I chose SW above any other weight loss plan.

how do you use your syns?

I have only just realised that some chocolate is worse than no chocolate for me. Is there a group for chocoholics anonymous? As soon as I start eating sugary foods I crave more and that's when the binging starts. Am also beginning to wonder whether fruit also contributes to this.

Thoughts?

This probably won't help. But there was a documentary on the BBC a few months ago called something like 'The Men Who Made Us Fat'. On one of the episodes a scientist said that the body produces a hormone (I think from the kidneys) which tells the brain when our stomachs are full. However, sugar can stop this hormone being released - so what happens is that when we eat sugary food, it stops a message going to the brain to say 'stop' and our brain thinks 'hold on a bit, she's not eaten for a while'...and actually starts to think that we're starving. This made a lot of sense to me - so many times I've eaten - god help me - a family size bar of chocolate in one sitting, felt initially sick, then in less than an hour felt really hungry again. And it's the same when I've had a skinful, especially if I've been drinking lagers, can't resist the chippy then.

The answer, I fear, could be to not eat chocolate at all - or perhaps have chocolate that is higher in cocoa - the more cocoa the less sugar. :(

Thoughts?

Also, re: the fruit - I did the Harcombe diet a couple of years back (10lbs off in 10 days!) and that involved cutting out sugar, including fruit, for 5 days. The author of the diet suggested that the white sugar we use is from a plant, and no different from sugar in fruit. She reckoned the 5 a day hype is a myth too. So you could be right about the fruit - I've been eating a lot of pineapple, which is really sweet, and have been getting hungrier again. You may have hit on something there.

MLouiseH - where are you? Don't give up.

I'm here! Just back from a most amazing anniversary long weekend away in Kefalonia but know I'm a good 10 to 14 lbs up from 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have a night out tomorrow and Brother in Law's birthday on Sunday and I've already written off everything inbetween.

My plan is to get back to 100% and excercising from Monday and I have a clear social calendar then until 15 December when my parents arrive for Christmas.

Oh the joy of being a yo-yo dieter :rolleyes:

I'm here! Just back from a most amazing anniversary long weekend away in Kefalonia but know I'm a good 10 to 14 lbs up from 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have a night out tomorrow and Brother in Law's birthday on Sunday and I've already written off everything inbetween.

My plan is to get back to 100% and excercising from Monday and I have a clear social calendar then until 15 December when my parents arrive for Christmas.

So glad you had a wonderful weekend. That matters more than anything else. I'll be with you every step of the way from Monday. Yoyo dieters no more

There are times where you need to be off plan and enjoy yourself and your anniversary is one of them. Glad you had a good time !!

You seem to have a plan and sound like your good to go for Monday!! :)

We'll be here to help you too!

So girls, although I'm not officially a Sunday weigher any more, I've just had my weigh in , 3.5lb off for me!!
I'm a very happy bunny! :D

Thoughts?

I am exactly the same I'd rather just have none as I cant stop at a freddo lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So red day for me today

B- HeB porridge , apple
L- ham, boiled egg, 2 x wm bread, big salad, beetroot , 1/2 HeA cheese
T - lean steak mince with onions and carrots, sprouts, runner beans, carrot and swede mash, cauliflower cheese made with other half of cheese, 2x low low slices (synned) and milk from HeA

snacks for after tea - melon, pineapple and strawberries, fat free yog.
Water, tea and green tea

So far so good.

Hows every1 doing??

Hey ladies,
Brilliant loss Kitty.
I agree with the chocaholics anonymous comment, I am officially an all or nothing kind of girl. Sadly after all my bs the other day about no chocs I had 12 biscuits...in one sitting, who the hell does that? lol!
Anyways, onwards and upwards (preferably downwards), I'm not letting it send me in to a guilt spiral.

So girls, although I'm not officially a Sunday weigher any more, I've just had my weigh in , 3.5lb off for me!!
I'm a very happy bunny! :D

Well done kitty x x

I'm hanging on - just. Have an appointment with endocrinologist tomorrow which is less than a week after seeing GP.

I made today a vegetable juice day. Not very SW but I felt I needed to cleanse my system. Fed carrots, celery, onion, apple and chard into the juicing beast for over a litre of luscious green nectar. Really enjoyed it. Have enough for tomorrow breakfast before hospital.

I then plan to eat 75% fruit ( only a little) and veg (preferably raw) for a couple of days before getting back on the SW wagon. Apparently it only takes three days to get the sugar out of your system.

Did a kettlebell session this morning and went for a long walk along the beach this afternoon. Must admit I feel better for it.

As expected I now need a biopsy. At least the consultant didn't hang about. I got a phone call within an hour of getting home with appointment for next Friday.

I have been fairly good today. Veg juice for breakfast and dinner with mussels for lunch. Not my choice but it was my Dads treat and he adores mussels. Mum is veggie so he needed me to share them. I don't suppose they can do much harm even if they are in white wine sauce. ( mopped up the juices with a couple of slices of garlic bread though!)

Back on the veg juice tomorrow. It certainly doesn't affect me in the same way fasting would. Actually feel quite energetic and no headaches. Not a long term solution but might kick the sweet tooth.

Fairly long walk at speed early afternoon. Will get back to kettle bell tomorrow. They are amazing for toning. My gluts were in overdrive last night.

I haven't weighed today. We're off out for lunch for my brother-in-laws birthday and I know the weigh in will put me into a bad mood. I'll do it in the morning - promise!!

Hope everyone else has happy weigh ins x

Good Morning

How is everyone?

Sorry i havent been on much!!! Major problems with my car so i few lates night before i got home!!

But veryhappy to say ive lost 5 pound and got my 3rd stone off!!!

Happy isnt the word!!

xx

Back