Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I have lost 2 1/2 pounds this week which makes 12 1/2 in 5 weeks which for me is a record , as i have a long term illness and cant exercise so am a very happy bunny

Thanks! I do have a way to go tho !

2lbs off for me this week so now 14st 3, not considering I went out for dinner on friday night! Still chipping away :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't be disgusted with yourself Louise,life happens and things get in the way. If it was easy to lose weight none of us would need to in the first place. Take it a day at a time, make sure to use the forum for lots of support and you WILL do it :) You know you can :)

Thank you lovely x

With you every step of the way. So what are your plans for today?

I'm filling in my diary on the SW website too but today went like this: -

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB1, Philadelphia Light HEA1, Milk HEA2

Lunch: Mackerel in tom sauce, Lettuce, 2 x Ryvitas + 1 x Hi Fi Bar HEB2, Banana, 0% Yoghurt

Dinner: BBQ'd pork filet, Lettuce, Cabbage & Carrot Salad

Snacks: 2% Yoghurt & Honey 3.5 syns

Can you name five reasons why you need to lose weight. Apparently if you can't you shouldn't even try! Got me thinking

1.be healthy ( lower blood pressure )
2.be able to wear gorgeous clothes and look good. I need to get another aspirational outfit lined up to motivate me
3. Be a role model for my kids ( eldest son desperately needs to lose weight so I need to prove it can be done)
4. Have the energy and stamina to play with grandchildren ( badminton, climbing sand dunes and playing football)
5. Feel good about myself.

Its taken me all day to think of these which was quite worrying but it was a great exercise to remind me what this is all about. Long term goals versus short term gratification. It should be a no brainer.

Today so far:

Veg juice for breakfast

Veg juice and mug shot for lunch

Dinner is onion bhajis, vegetable curry and ground rice for pudding

Snacks: 70% chocolate (I know I should avoid it but it was on special offer. I have asked my Mum and Dad to store the other three bars ready for cooking with the grandchildren) ryvita with Philly and jam.

By the way I lost 3lb last week.

Fab loss, Daisy, well done!

God that is really interesting, here goes...
1. To be more 'attractive'.
2. To look good in pictures in my year in Florida.
3. To not feel self conscious.
4. To know that I can be in control of at least one element of my life.
5. To be happier.

God I'm shallow, I genuinely couldn't give a toot about the health benefits...I just wanna look hot haha!

5. To be happier.

God I'm shallow, I genuinely couldn't give a toot about the health benefits...I just wanna look hot haha!

It's what matters to you not anyone else. As long as you know why you are doing this you will stay motivated. It obviously works for you.

5. To be happier.

Not shallow at all Jenna, in my 20's all of my 5 would have been about looks too. However, now I'm an oldie they are: -

1. To feel good about myself instead of berating how 'fat and useless' I am
2. To look and feel good in jeans
3. To improve my health and fitness (it matters so much more when you're over 40 and the aches and pains kick in)
4. To be an example to my daughter - two ways to look at this I suppose I could be a good or a bad example :rolleyes:
5. To have a 'normal' relationship with food

I really like the one about having a normal relationship with food, SW definitely makes me think about food more but it has changed my relationship with food in that I think I can become obsessive at times and it's something I need to work on.

We can definitely do it ladies, I know we can all have a great loss this week :D

1.be healthy ( lower blood pressure )
2.be able to wear gorgeous clothes and look good. I need to get another aspirational outfit lined up to motivate me
3. Be a role model for my kids ( eldest son desperately needs to lose weight so I need to prove it can be done)
4. Have the energy and stamina to play with grandchildren ( badminton, climbing sand dunes and playing football)
5. Feel good about myself.

So what am I going to do differently to make this happen?

1. Eat 8 x fruit and veg a day and drink 1.5l of fluid a day
2. Hang the outfit I most want to be able to get into on my wardrobe door as a constant reminder of why I am doing this.
3. Not sure about this one - any ideas?
4. Get back into daily kettlebell and 30 day shred regime. Walk for an hour a day. Begins today
5. Set myself a range of non food treats for weight loss starting with a great haircut/ colour and manicure.

What are your plans?

Back