Super cheap, superspeed, super success express week

Right, shopping list! Just to say, on Thursday I ate leftover food from last weeks lot. This applies from Friday onwards. Also some of the food I already had in and some that I bought, I won't use this week. I think on balance, it would still work out £23ish.

Stuff I had in already: wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread, herbs n spices, eggs, frilight, onions, a random leek, gravy granules, cheese, large collection of small chocolate bars, like kitkats, cereal. I buy milk as I need it.

My shop elsewhere: cauldron Lincolnshire veggie sausages, 1/2 syn each. fat free yog

My lidl shop: passata, tinned chopped tomatoes (I over bought both of these, I like a stash for cupboard), baked beans ( bought 4 tins more than needed as they're on offer), stew pack, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, red lentils, salad pack, baby plum tomatoes, celeriac, sweet potatoes (that I'm determined to find a use for and not waste!), frozen berries, small bottle red wine for bolognese, cadburys animals, several packets ( not entirely necessary lol). I think that was it. Just to say, I was SOTW this week, so I had some free fruit in lol. If I do this type of week again after new year, I might try to do a shop starting from absolute scratch, minus store cupboard staples like herbs, and see how cheap I can get it.

Right I'm getting out of bed now. Off for shower then to my dinner, which is technically breakfast for me lol.

Last edited:
Right, that's tea out of the way. A three egg omelette, stuffed with stir fried onion, plum tomatoes and kale ( and I do mean stuffed! Omelette is trying to burst!) with a half plate of salad. Yum. I needed that. Off to work now.

image-1436450270.jpg

I had omelette earlier yum.

I have loads of sweet potatos I. Too they were 49p a bag in Aldi! I plan on making them into a spicy soup, a veggie curry and if I have any left putting them into a tagine Mmmmm can't wait. Gonna do some batch cooking tomorrow. I am challengeing myself to use up everything and buy as little as possible between now and Christmas to save money.

Really enjoying your diary :)

I'm going to try and do a few success express days, i haven't done them before. I have a 3 course Christmas work lunch on wednesday so would like to have a few really good days running up to that.

HPx

jayde1148 said:
I had omelette earlier yum.

I have loads of sweet potatos I. Too they were 49p a bag in Aldi! I plan on making them into a spicy soup, a veggie curry and if I have any left putting them into a tagine Mmmmm can't wait. Gonna do some batch cooking tomorrow. I am challengeing myself to use up everything and buy as little as possible between now and Christmas to save money.

Stop it! Lol. You're making me hungry for non-success express food. I make a great soup with sweet potatoes and peanut butter. It tastes very far east Asian. Lush, but definitely not 2/3 superfree. Mmmmm. A tagine could work though. Maybe in my success express new years week

MissHP said:
Really enjoying your diary :)

I'm going to try and do a few success express days, i haven't done them before. I have a 3 course Christmas work lunch on wednesday so would like to have a few really good days running up to that.

HPx

Aww thanks. Nice to know it's useful for someone other than me. Good luck with your Xmas party compensation.

Had my night time lunch. Used my sweet potato yay! I think this meal worked out about 50:50 in terms of portion size. But I had an orange before hand, taking it to 2/3 superfree. This is a sweet potato used as a jacket potato, stuffed with my leftover vegetable bolognese from yesterday. Seriously filling and seriously yummy

image-4061426819.jpg

Jael said:
Brekkie had. Now time for bed. Whole grapefruit eaten, my superspeed food for the day. Followed by chocolate weetabix with soya milk, a HEA and HEB plus 2 syns. Sleep now, back later

Ooh I may have to try choccy weetabix! Have a lovely sleep x

Dinner before work. I ballsed it up a bit, because I meant to have it with salad. But I've gone and left the salad in the fridge at work! So slight alteration. It's now 2 cauldron Lincolnshire veggie sausages at 1/2 a syn each, celeriac chips and tinned tomatoes. Was yummy. Don't think I cooked the celeriac long enough, but I was in a rush. So today I had sweet potato stuffed with veggie 'bolognese', 2 syns for the wine in it. Orange, grapefruit, total 0%. Chocolate weetabix with soya milk- a HEA and HEB plus 2 syns, a breakaway 5 syns, celeriac, tomatoes and sausages 1 syn. Hifi bar for pudding as 2nd HEB. Add on the 3 extra syns from yesterday for the spread. = 13 syns

image-3339454537.jpg

Sound lush! Other peoples food always sounds better. I have never had celeriac think I will try it soon. Hope you get a good loss after all the speedy foods :)

jayde1148 said:
Sound lush! Other peoples food always sounds better. I have never had celeriac think I will try it soon. Hope you get a good loss after all the speedy foods :)

Cheers ma dears. Well, youve been tempting me with thoughts of your sweet potato tagine. Really making me want regular green meals. Mmmmm. Must not give in to temptation. Lol. I'm really hoping for a good loss prior to Christmas too. I haven't cheated. Yet...

I had my sweet potato tagine yesterday and made quinoa with it, was lush! Gonna have left overs for lunch. Probably worked out 2/3 superfree I crammed it full of veg.

jayde1148 said:
I had my sweet potato tagine yesterday and made quinoa with it, was lush! Gonna have left overs for lunch. Probably worked out 2/3 superfree I crammed it full of veg.

Guh! That seriously sounds so good. What day do you weigh on? I'm a Wednesday girl. Obey you'll get a good loss with all that lurvelly veg

Back