Super Speed Food Challenge Soup

I love this soup. I never make it the same, cos it depends what veg I've got in. I don't usually use the stock cubes at all, and flavour it up with chillies, garlic, ginger, or whatever I've got.
Also I don't blend it, because I like it chunky and that makes it feel more filling.

The most recent one I made didn't have parsnips (they're not speed foods anyway, so that doesn't matter) and had celery and a little bit of cabbage as well. And I use the spicy mixed beans, and add just whatever I fancy!

You do need a massive pan, and lots of freezable containers, as it doesn't do small quantities!

sorry to ask a silly question, i want to make this soup but whats mixed bean salad?

It's just a tin of different beans - I buy mine at asda or morrisons and they're usually with the kidney beans etc. Have to say my tin doesn't say salad on it though but I'm sure it's the same thing :)

hooray, ive been trying to find this recipe for 2 days, but only use the forum on my phone! Have managed to get to a PC, and now ive got the recipe, so am off to asda(other supermarkets are available) to get the ingredients :D

I made this soup at the weekend, only made half the quantity and it still made loads. Really enjoyed it, altho mine tastes very similar to just tomato soup... Not comlaining tho, I liked it and hopefully it will help my WI tonight!!

Wow!! I made this soup-altered the quantities slightly and missed the parsnip out as they're not speed foods-I don't think. It's a good job I altered it cos it very nearly overflowed my biggest saucepan!! Lol! The biggest change I made was by putting sweet chilli beanz in instead! It made about 4 pts of soup and even with one 400ml tin, it packs a heck of a kick-it's lovely. So filling and I think I'm hooked! Thanks OP :)

Welshtigger said:
Wow!! I made this soup-altered the quantities slightly and missed the parsnip out as they're not speed foods-I don't think. It's a good job I altered it cos it very nearly overflowed my biggest saucepan!! Lol! The biggest change I made was by putting sweet chilli beanz in instead! It made about 4 pts of soup and even with one 400ml tin, it packs a heck of a kick-it's lovely. So filling and I think I'm hooked! Thanks OP :)[/QUOTE

Sweet chilli beanz were do you get them ??

Heinz sweet chili beans i get in tesco or asda not sure if any one else makes them, also really good with the BBQ beans, if you like it spicy the Mexican one are good 2 (think /hope they are all free):D
xxx

I am going to have bash at this today; the chilli beans sound like a nice touch :)
I just wondered....erm....does it help you 'go'? It sounds like it could potentially make you very windy lol!!

I've been having this soup every day at work for lunchai always come out different as I put whatever SS veg I have in it!

Made this today and its not bad at all! There is quite a lot so will freeze some as Im not sure anyone else in the house will eat it!
Am cooking celeriac for tonights tea so am going to add a bit of that in it as well.
If I keep having all these ss foods Im going to be getting a speeding fine! Or as its got a reputation as fart soup maybe it will be a f;)arting fine!

cant believe ive been on SW for 11 months and never made Speed Soup im going to tomorrow and eat up for my lunch and tea monday and tuesday see what WI tuesday pm brings ....????
thanks OP xx

rachjac said:
I made this yesterday and it was awful must have done something wrong

What did u put it in? Did you put any herbs or spices in? I usually add a couple of beef stock cubes aswell

did you blend it?
it's nicer if left chunky..blending it seems to merge too many flavours into a rather nasty taste..

Back