large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

can be left chunky or blended ;)

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen

Enjoy

12 speed Soup

Yes speed soup! proven to boost weight loss and tastes amazing!

Free on EE and Green

2 tins of toms
1 x tin green lentil (or dried)
1x tin mixed bean salad (or any dried beans and chipeas in stead)
red slit lentils
4x carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow pepper
1 onion
2 leeks
1 tin of baken beans

seasoning
mixed herbs
2 x stock cubes

water bung in all in slow cooker or in a pan until soft.

Can be left as a chunky stew or blitz until smooth.

I had it chunky and was amazing! didnt fancy it till i tried it and i couldnt get enough!

I don't like some of the ingredients but I love the thought of speed soup! I might just try it

I made this the other day and it makes loads and it was delicious! I skipped out the parsnips though as (a) I hate parsnips and (b) I was sick of chopping by the time i got to them! :rotflmao: I blitzed the soup and it is really tasty.

Speed soup, anyone tried it?

hi there,
just wondered if anyone has done the speed soup and did it have much effect? i've had an absolutely terrible couple of days and used about 95 syns already, which leaves me about 10 to last until fri morning's weigh in. feel so silly now, but had a gain on friday when i'd been really good last week so sabotaged myself now.:break_diet: need to pull it back and make sure i lose this week and the speed soup is really supposed to help. woman at my group did it for a few days and lost 3lb and she'd had a bad weekend like me. sorry for such a long post, maybe im beating myself up a bit but feel like i need to strap myself in before i fall off the wagon any more than i already have.
x:eek:

What is 'speed soup'?

Do you eat some soup made out of free food before a meal? or replace the meal?

I plan on trying to make some soup to eat before my main meal so that I don't eat as much in the meal as normal.

It's moderately expensive to buy the ingredients in - but i get a large stockpot full of it from those ingredients and typically manage to have two portions the day i cook it, one portion the next day and three/four/five portions for the freezer. I cheat when they're on offer and buy a stew pack and use that (typically has onion, and parsnip in and probably a few carrots and a swede - so replaces most the vegetables in the recepie with a simple £1 bag). The tinned beans - i pick up the dented ones that are reduced as i see them in the supermarket.

going to have to make a new batch next weekend - just took the last one out of the freezer for after weigh-in tomorrow night.

this might be a stupid question, but how do you freeze soup? what do you store it in? how do you eat it? (defrost it in the fridge then cook normally later or something else?)

Back