1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, red and yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
salt & Pepper
Mixed herbs
water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all veg into a pan, add everything thing else and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.

This can be left chunky or blended down - it also freezes.

Its free on green and EE.

I've just made this for the first time and it really does taste good! better than I thought it would. I will prob have some for lunch tomorrow. I reduced the recipe a bit and it still made loads!

This is lush with pasta a quan sausages. Not so great on it own but I wish I had made this a long time ago!! X

lost 14 1/2 lbs 14 1/2 to go!

Any super speed soup for a red day?

I know there is the one with all the beans etc but is there an alternative for red days?

I need to get things moving again as STS for 2 weeks.

Thanks

There's a super speedy, super spicy tomato one over on the recipe bit, but if you make a base of softened onions, celery and carrots, add a can of tomatoes and a tetra of passata you can then chuck in some stock-cube-stock and whatever SS veggies you have in the fridge/freezer (I usually use frozen peppers, cabbage (red will turn your soup a slightly distressing purple, but it tastes nice), frozen spinach (will turn your soup brown), but anything that's speedy that you have will be fine with that base - more peppers, carrots and swede/turnip for sweeter, more leafy green very for less).

I've just made a huge batch of this and although it's nice it's a little bit bland for my taste. Any suggestions on how to give it a bit of body/oomph for a fuller flavour?

Fankoo in advace :)

Yes chilli, makes everything 'meh' better. Or worcestershire sauce might be good.

Definitely going to try some this week!!! Thanks!! x

I'm def making this tomorrow, have two parties next week so hoping if I eat lots of this it will counterbalance!

What's the verdict - blend or chunky?

i've got my second batch of this soup in the slow cooker as I type....... might put some maccaroni it..... be like a mega chunky minestrone!!! mmmmmmmm!!!

:D:D:D

Back