Super Speed Soup

Sorry to sound stupid but if u freeze soup can u heat it from frozen or do u defrost it first?:confused:

Still Shrinking said:
Sorry to sound stupid but if u freeze soup can u heat it from frozen or do u defrost it first?:confused:

You can heat it from frozen no prob just make sure it's piping hot right thru before you eat it tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought the soup was a lovely flavour but it didn't have the effect many are talking about....and I only lost 0.5lbs :-(

carbs4ever said:
I thought the soup was a lovely flavour but it didn't have the effect many are talking about....and I only lost 0.5lbs :-(

How much of it did you eat?

Welshtigger said:
How much of it did you eat?

5 big bowls for lunch :-(

oh that's a bit disappointing :( had you been naughty beforehand? Maybe the soup worked in counterbalancing that? Mind you I've just noticed your BMI is in the 'healthy' range so maybe your body can't sustain huge loses?

I ve just made this, added splosh of chilli flakes and 5 cloves of garlic, which sounds a lot, but it makes such a huge amount, cant even taste it! Didnt use a tin of lentils, I had some dried so just chucked in a handful. Its a very thick, satisfying and tasty soup, the chilli definitely gives it a kick, and I recon im gonna get about 8 portions out of this easily.

Just made this for the first time, and a friend is also making it... texting me every five mins to ask for help as she doesn't cook as much as me, bless :). It's gorgeous!!! Have to wash my freeze tubs now as the dyno rod bloke didn't bother moving my box of containers when he took the sink apart and they are a bit of a mess! But that's lunches at work sorted this week :)

Langara said:
Just made this for the first time, and a friend is also making it... texting me every five mins to ask for help as she doesn't cook as much as me, bless :). It's gorgeous!!! Have to wash my freeze tubs now as the dyno rod bloke didn't bother moving my box of containers when he took the sink apart and they are a bit of a mess! But that's lunches at work sorted this week :)

If you've got a morrisons near by, they're selling those pour and store bags for 69p for a pack of 4, an 2 packs for £1 :)

AJB said:
oh that's a bit disappointing :( had you been naughty beforehand? Maybe the soup worked in counterbalancing that? Mind you I've just noticed your BMI is in the 'healthy' range so maybe your body can't sustain huge loses?

I did have one 'bad' day but still within syns for the week, but your right I am technically a healthy weight it's just that last time I did SW I got down to target with ease...will stick at it. This week I'm trying lots of water and exercise :)

I made this yesterday and added extra garlic and chilli, it was nice, rich tomato flavour, have frozen about 7 portions for when i work late shift instead of getting the usual takeaway. Only drawback was the after-effects of all those beans...I wasnt particularly popular in work today..!

I too am not keen on beans but have made numerous batches of this soup it's lovely not at all like you think it would be. Give it a good blitz you will never know it was bean and lentils. Give it a go.

I add a load of fresh coriander, chilli powder and 3 more beef stock cubes to mine and then a large can of sweetcorn after its been blended .........fantastic!!!

I thought the same, but gave it a go and it's so tasty you will regret not trying it. It freezes well too.

I would like to try this but can't use the beans and lentils as following red only - any ideas? I'm not very good at making soup!

3106Catherine said:
I would like to try this but can't use the beans and lentils as following red only - any ideas? I'm not very good at making soup!

Hi Catherine

I made one yesterday using carrots, swede, cauliflower, onion and garlic. I chopped them all up and boiled them using a veg stock cube. Once they were all soft I blitzed them in the food processor and hey presto I had lots of lovely free soup for any day

Back