Super Speed Soup

I'm making it now, it's close to the original recipe except I've not used green lentils, parsnips or split peas. Instead, I've used red lentils, half a bag of fresh spinach and some sweet potato left over from making the baby's tea...

I hope it's nice - WI tomorrow, making the soup now smacks of desperation a little bit, but oh well. :)

Blaze said:
I'm making it now, it's close to the original recipe except I've not used green lentils, parsnips or split peas. Instead, I've used red lentils, half a bag of fresh spinach and some sweet potato left over from making the baby's tea...

I hope it's nice - WI tomorrow, making the soup now smacks of desperation a little bit, but oh well. :)

I never use parsnips as they are not a speed food anyway I don't think??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm having some of this soup tonight. Made it on Sunday and have only had one bowl. Lol. Really want a good weight loss next week though so gonna have a bowl tonight and then 2 bowls tomorrow and 2 on Sunday. Hopefully that will use it up and give my weight loss a boost. 2 birds with one stone. Lol.

Now that i'm trying EE this week I shall be making the soup again tomorrow and eating it for lunch Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and fingers crossed for a loss on Wednesday :)

We shall see the results then Where there's a will....

Made this last week and lost 2lbs at weigh in tonight :) not much to some but seeing as it took me 4 weeks previous to lose 1.5 am definitely thrilled. Put it down to this soup and the scan bran challenge!

had the soup Sunday and Monday lunch and another bowl with Monday dinner couldn't have it today as worked away at different office but fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

oooh this is simmering away.........two massive saucepans full and i live on my own!!!! lots to eat then......i better like it.....

I made a slightly different version...left out the tomatoes, peppers and baked beans and put in celery and swede...which I believe are both superfree. I also put some barley in. It reminds me if the soup my granny made when I was little. Really quite Scottish. I also used chicken stock instead of beef stock. It's cooking now and smells Delish. Brilliant for a rainy day like today! x

I can vouch that this stuff does work, though can't guarantee that it will lose you weight.
It certainly "clears the pipes" if you're having problems in that area, works as good as 5 scan bran any day and much nicer to eat. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

haha!!!! it gives me a terribly belly ache. but i think it might be a trapped wind tummy ache......haha!!!!!

my friend came round today complaining of trapped wind....despite her being tiny and no diet in sight, i told her to get some of this down her neck...she loved it and seemed to sort out her wind issue!!!!

joanna25 said:
haha!!!! it gives me a terribly belly ache. but i think it might be a trapped wind tummy ache......haha!!!!!

my friend came round today complaining of trapped wind....despite her being tiny and no diet in sight, i told her to get some of this down her neck...she loved it and seemed to sort out her wind issue!!!!

Ha ha my hubby dreads me making this coz it makes me very windy!! Lol I use charcoal tabs to help with this though as I always seem windy these days!!

I am making this tomorrow for first time. Can't wait to try it. Might have to get some of those charcoal tablets!

This recipe sounds lovely im going to make some tomorrow for my dinners at work x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

I just read this entire thread over lunch!

Am definately going to get the ingrediants for this and give it a go next time I go shopping - thanks everyone who added tips and opinions! Will probably leave out the parsnip and baked beans. I love beans but the idea of them in soup really doesn't appeal. And I'll definately leave it chunky - I hate how blitzed vegetable soup often turns quite an unappeatising colour which puts me off. But I love the idea of blitzing the beans and lentils. I know foods like that are great for you but I dislike them, so will try blending them and adding to the chunky sauce.

Will cut down on the quantity for my first attempt. I'm quite a fussy soup person so don't want to end up with pots and pots of soup I don't like!

Made this soup the other day and absolutely love it! Left out the baked beans because I couldn't see how they'd do in a pot of water and vegetables, maybe I'll try them next time.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Got this soup on the cooker as we speak. Took 2 pans with all the ingredients x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

Back