Super Speed Soup

Speed soup being all legumes and veg, you shouldn't really leave it too long and high heat otherwise you will cook away the nutrients. I'd say medium to medium low heat 1 hour max if you are making a big batch.

I made my own soup with borlotti beans, butter beans, flagolet beans and black beans which gets chucked into sauteed onions, carrots and celery and diced gammon (all fat removed). Add water, beef stock, bay leaves and thyme. Throw in the beans and after 45 mins, chuck in kale. After another 20 mins, season and it's ready to serve. You don't need salt as the gammon will flavour the soup big time, and makes it a lovely winter warmer.

My understanding of over cooking veg is that the nutrients is lost in to the water you're boiling it in. But with soup that wont be an issue as your eatting you cooking liquid so cook away the longer the better :) Id do it on low for about 8 hours aswell.

Malibu xx

And unless you're using tinned beans you will need to boil them for at least 20 mins on a rapid boil to cook out the toxins.

I use a small tin I'd chilli beans to give the soup a kick!

Hellooooo!!

I'm about to go the shops for all the ingredients to make this soup.... one question tho.... the handfull of split lentils....do I just chuck em in straight out the pack or do they need cooking seperately first???.... making it in my slow cooker so I assume they will cook from scratch... but just wanted to check first! lol

I got to my target about a month ago, only needed to loose about a stone, well everyone said I didn't need to loose anything but it was my choice and felt like I wanted to loose a bit....luckily I have found SW FAB!!!.... but now I'm at target and feelin GREAT ( never been this weight since before my 4 little darlings came along!) I'm finding subconsciously I'm allowing myself a few too many "treats" lately, and have put on 2lb this week, I really don't want to be putting back on so as of today I'm gonna be good.... darn you almond magnums, why do you have to taste soooo good!! ;) Been meaning to make this soup for ages so today's the day!!

Good luck to all you lovely folks on your slimming journeys.... if you want it, you shall have it :)

x.x.x.x.x

Split lentils are ok to chuck in, but you need to rinse them first and check for small stones - you don't want to bite into one.

8 hours of cooking in a slow cooker is ok, not ok on stove top. When your veg change colour (green to khaki), that is when it's overcooked and minerals and vitamins have gone. Proteins, carbs and fibres are still intact though, they stay put no matter what you do to them! This is why there is such a massive following of the raw food movement, you get more in you eating raw.

weight loss slowed down a bit this week so i think it's time for another batch of the wonder soup, plus it's great to just grab out of the freezer when i'm having a lazy day.

30 week pregnant this week and did a few days speed soup and lost 2lb :eek: my god and baby likes it too!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Not to mention my dietitan (referred as high bmi in pregnancy) and she is pleased with the soup and thinks it's jam packed of goodness for me and baby :)

Leeanne910 said:
Not to mention my dietitan (referred as high bmi in pregnancy) and she is pleased with the soup and thinks it's jam packed of goodness for me and baby :)

What do u put in your soup?

Thanks for the recipe. Going to give this a try tonight and eat if for my lunch at work! Sounds yummy and I need a kick start trying to get back into sw again! xx

Back