Super Speed Soup

Just making this soup and excited to see if it tastes any good!!!! Very impressed with myself on my weekend off....... Resisted an invitation to the pub this afternoon as I know I wouldn't have been able to resist supping a bottle of wine to myself!!!! Fingers crossed this soup tastes half decent :) Xxxxxx

Loving this soup, just had a huge bowlful for my lunch and feeling full :) fingers crossed it will pay off at this weeks weight loss :) Xxxxx

can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

can be left chunky or blended ;)

sounds lush and tasty! anyone know how long in the slow cooker this would need?

Sounds yummy! Definitely gonna make this the weekend! :)

im full just reading the ingredients :)

wow that is super speedy but i dunno if i could bring myself to eat it maybe the thought of the mixed beans and baked beans with peppers putting me off. everything else i could do tho.

i hate lentils beans and almost all stuff in there except tomatoes and carrots but i blend mine until smooth and its like a think veg soup and i can stomach it!!

Beware though it makes me very windy (so for putting it so unlady like)

Mine is cooking away as I type. It certainly makes a large pot. It's like Soupzilla.

I added some leftover celery and garlic. I didn't add parsnips,too lazy to peel them,and baked beans,as some people said they made the soup too sweet. I substituted chilli beans instead.

I love beans and soups so it should go down well.

I like to use the soup for other things, its a great base for sauces. I like my soup chunky but I blend it down for making sauces.

With a good sized portion of the soup I blitz it down so its smooth and add curry powder chunks of onion and chicken for a great curry. Again blitzed down it makes a great sauce for meatballs and pasta. It is also a great meat base for lasagne just add you mince.

The soup was lovely. I added plenty of chilli flakes,so it had a kick to it. I had some for dinner last night and some for lunch today,and there's still plenty of it left.

Thankfully there haven't been any unfortunate side effects.:p I eat a lot of beans though,and never have that issue after consuming them.

I really like the sauce idea. I must try that.

I came across a recipe last time I was doing SW for a speedy soup but I've lost it since.. I detest soup but that one was gorgeous it was spicy and full of flavour.. I may have had chicken in it too I just can't remember.. Anyone any ideas what one it may be as I would love to make it again! :)

Loopeylou said:
My soup bubbling away :) hope its good:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In the pot or in you?
Doesn't seem to stop bubbling once you get it going.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Well i've just made the soup and devoured a rather large bowl for lunch, I hadn't read the whole thread though - wind?? Oh no, I get that bad anyway!!!

I can feel it bubbling away in my tummy already!

Silly question maybe!! How long do you generally leave it to cook for..?! on the hob x

xJoanneJJx said:
Silly question maybe!! How long do you generally leave it to cook for..?! on the hob x

Here's your answer x

Karen.hat said:
I usually just throw it in and leave it all day

bevhunter1986 said:
Here's your answer x

I make mine in slow cooker but when made it on job before I just simmered it for a few hours so was properly cooked

Back