Super speed tomato soup

Its on the hob as we speak! Had no carrots or pickled onions so i've just left carrott out and used a red onion, it tastes good so far :)

Forgot the flipping onion!!!!! Just used passata with garlic and herb, a tin of baked beans, water, oxo cube (beef) I wasnt sure about adding the carrots in case it made it too thick!!!

Turns out im to thick because i forget the onion...Tut tut, what a fool!!

When using as a soup what is it best served with? I like to use bread as a dipper but I had toast this morning

Forgot the flipping onion!!!!! Just used passata with garlic and herb, a tin of baked beans, water, oxo cube (beef) I wasnt sure about adding the carrots in case it made it too thick!!!

Turns out im to thick because i forget the onion...Tut tut, what a fool!!

When using as a soup what is it best served with? I like to use bread as a dipper but I had toast this morning

I ended up dashing some worcestershire sauce in it was yum, used an asda wholemeal pitta bread for dipping and threw some cheesy scones as dumplings ...deeeeelish!!!

I made this and thought it was great!

I also used some of it today as a base for a curry - worked really well - just bunged it in a slow cooker with chicken, mushrooms, onions, potato and lots of spices - great way to get some extra veg into my day (and my son!!)

Thanks for the recipe!

I haven't ever frozen it, but it's only basic ingredients do I can't see why not?

Im making a batch up today for the next few days, yummy!

i havebeen havingthis this week.it is really quite n ice and love that its so easy. anyone noticed a bigger loss when eating this? am hoping for a good loss this week

Sounds delicious think I will try this one.

When I last did SW I had this for lunch everyday and it really worked! Starting again after long battle with depression - meds, comfort eating and no exercise ehat so ever mean I've put on loads. Made up a batch 20 mins ago - I don't drain my carrots, I use the water in the can as the 1/2 pint water (even more time saved). It's ready in seconds, made 1 1/2 litres! I love it and I'm not keen on tomato soup (!) and love the idea of using it as a base for meals...genius way to push speed further. I've just finished it and it was lovely (I do add a dash of soy sauce).

Only downside to this soup is that my poor old cat links can opening with tuna and so he got very excited and now won't stop mewing!!! I did show him the contents of the bowl to prove I wasn't eating his tuna all to myself. He was very disappointed with what he discovered!

Back