1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garam masala
2 x 400g cans tomatoes or 1 can tomatoes and one tub passata
1 pint chicken stock
1 tsp lazy chilli or chilli powder
salt, to taste

Preparation method – Slow Cooker

Bung all ingredients into slow cooker, stir well, turn on and go to work. Come home to curry for dinner. Omit the pint of chicken stock if you are putting in SC - I normally shove a sock cube and swill the cans out with a bit of water ;)

Preparation method – Hob

1. Fry the onions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger with some frylight until soft.
2. Add all spices and cook for a minute or two longer.
3. Add stock and tomatoes, bring to boil then simmer for about two hours till reduced, stirring often.

Thanks - it really is! We normally have it twice a week as that makes four good sized portions, and we are two (well two and a half, but our half isn't old enough for a hot curry yet ;) )

Yum yum thankyou. So do you add meat/vegetables after you make the sauce?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

to be honest we normally just have it like that with rice and a poppadom (a sharwoods one is 2 syns). Occasionally I cook some chicken and add it to mine, but hubby always just has that!

Hi Pompeysteve - sorry I didn't see your post I do it for 4-6 hrs on high or about 12 on low.

Absolutely delicious but blew my head off. I added an extra tsp of lazy chilli but don't think it would be that.

I'm guessing it's the Cheyenne pepper?

Really good taste though.

Got to pop to the shop for some more low fat creme freche for round 2 tomorrow.

glad you liked it! I'm guessing the extra chilli was the blow your head off.. that blows my head off as is, and im a bit of a wuss xx

Would you still do it for 4-6 hrs in high with diced chicken in? I'm also a little worried it would dry out with little or no water? I have previously had a slow cooker disaster and can only cook 1 thing in it at present!! Lol x

Got mine on the go in the slow cooker. It smells lovely x

Just had this now and WOW it's lovely. I was doing a green day so added he/b of chicken and added baked beans for ss. I served it with Savoury rice xx

image-457043999.jpg

Back