Superfree veg inspiration?

savoy cabbage, shredded and cooked and then salt and pepper on top, mmm, beetroot or steamed leeks?

Im veggie so dont eat fish so sorry if anything i suggest would never go with salmon ;) what about sweet potato? Or mash made from sweet potato, butternut squash or swede?!

It sounds bad but sometimes I microwave chopped leeks with a couple of tablespoons of water til they're soft and then drain the water off and put in my HEA allowance of reduced fat cheese and microwave it for another couple of minutes until the cheese is all melted and stir it to get the cheese on all of it. So nice and goes really well with a jacket potato or fish like salmon.

Doesn't go with salmon (I don't think I'm not good at food matching) but I really like finely chopped red cabbage stir fried with a glug of balsamic vinegar and a glug of soy sauce until soft, yum!

It sounds bad but sometimes I microwave chopped leeks with a couple of tablespoons of water til they're soft and then drain the water off and put in my HEA allowance of reduced fat cheese and microwave it for another couple of minutes until the cheese is all melted and stir it to get the cheese on all of it.

Sounds lush, gonna try that x

Curly kale & spinach tossed in garlic butter (12,5g low fat butter = 3.5syns & sooo worth it!)
Celeriac mash
Leeks fried in frylight with chopped up bacon (lush with cod)

Hope they help x

Im veggie so dont eat fish so sorry if anything i suggest would never go with salmon ;) what about sweet potato? Or mash made from sweet potato,

These are not superfree foods I'm afraid so don't count towards your one third.

How about roasted beef tomatoes and roasted aubergine,
I make vegetable noodles using a potato peeler. Peel courgettes and carrots then very finely slice leeks mix them all together and throw in a wok !!

What about preparing a bag of your favorite veg for stirfying. You could do enough for a few days and keep in fridge. Red Peppers, green peppers, spring onion, celery, etc, all washed and chopped and ready to go. Would only take about 3 mins to cook.

cut up red cabbage small and put in a shake of ground cloves and cook in a non stick pan about 50 ml white wine vinegar and 50ml water til softened, lovely with roast pork.

Minicobs (not the big sweetcorn) they are very good value in the freezer section of asda.

Peppers,red onions, BNS, Roast until starting to brown, chuck on some fresh spinach and toss, pop back in the oven for a minute or two, serve the Salmon on top with new potatoes.

Take a look at the list in your book and work your way down. Try something new every week. I certainly wouldn't recommend asparagus at this time of year - the only decent asparagus is English and you won't get that again until April. You have probably had it overcooked - try grilling it.

I love roast vegetables - butternut squash has to be in there, definitely, then aubergines, peppers, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots (preferably Chantenay), all roasted until they are brown around the edges. Then honestly I wouldn't bother with anything else on the plate, except perhaps a light dusting of Parmesan!

Back