Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

how's things going?

Hiya, today has been ok too. Went into town this afternoon with my friend. Managed to avoid all the temptations in starbucks and have coffee with my choc tetra squeezed into it. Hopefully tomorrow I should be in ketosis. I'm just taking it an hour at a time at the moment and I can't look beyond the end of each day or it starts to seem too overwhelming. I'll be back again tomorrow because I have no plans other than a bit of housework, so I'll need to keep myself occuppied somehow.

Thanks for your concern, I'm not feeling 100% yet but I'm slowly getting back there. I just need to keep busy and get back into ketosis, then I won't dare do anything that'll knock me out of it again. No more planned off days, it's just not worth the heartache. I've been invited out on Sunday for a drinking session, but I've said I'm busy because I'm really not in the mood for going out and watching my friends get drunk, not this time. Sometimes I need to reassess my priorities and right now being tempted by a bank holiday drinking session is not as high on my list as having a guilt free day at home with water and shakes.

Think you have to find what's right for your body great things, depo was awful for me yet my sister thinks it's fantastic. I'd rather pop my pill at the moment. Wow, disneyland paris, I loved it when I went.

Glad to hear you're getting back in the frame of mind for it surfhunny. I'm going to have a pamper day on sunday - just me, the bath, candles, soft music and loads of creams etc and I shall be a glowing godess by the end whereas all my friends will be skint and hungover! Keep taking it one hour at a time and you'll get there quicker than you think xx

hiya surfhunny. good to know you're getting back on track. i popped to boro yesterday between gym sessions as my hubby let me get another charm for my bracelet for easter instead of an egg.

the coffee shops don't seem to bother me, i just have a coffee or at the moment a cuppa tea. felt sick last time i had a massive americano so have gone off coffee. i think you're mindset changes as you progress through the diet. i remember it well from last time. you start of thinking that when you're finished that you'll empty the contents of your fridge when you're at goal but when you get their you're not that bothered about eating all the stuff you used to or emptying your fridge or cupboards.... it's all a bit strange, good though, but strange! this time i have a couple of thing i'd like to do when i've finished my diet, food wise that is. nothing big.

if you do need some support remember you can pm me and get my mob number and text me or anything if you'd like. i'm not on here as much as i used to be but try to get on as much as possible. i'm going away this weekend to my hubby's parents. last time i did this diet his mum asked me what types of cakes i could eat on my diet lol. she's so sweet.

Normal Transmission Has Been Resumed!!

Hi everyone, thanks for being so supportive over the last couple of days, you've realy kept me sane and stopped me from jumping ship altogether. I've weighed up the Pro's and Con's of trying something else and CD kept coming out top. So I'm sticking with it. Doing SS+ for now until I'm totally back in the mindset, and then I'll move back to SS.

Good news is that as of this morning I'm back in the pink and I'm not going to do anything thats going to knock me out of ketosis. I'm avoiding the works night out on Sunday night because I'm not feeling strong enough to avoid the inevitable peer pressure to drink. At this stage I need to say no to a few things. I'm still undecided about what to do for my friends birthday. Right now I'm thinking that I'll probably just meet everyone afterwards for drinks and stick with fizzy water. I'll see closer to the time.

I feel a lot better now that I have some plans in place. I'm not setting any goals or putting any time frames on my weight loss, as much as I'd love to get to my target by my birthday it means I'd have to lose 28lbs in 58 days.... too much pressure even though it is probably do able.

I'm just going to take each day hour at a time!!

Hia surfhunny

Well done for getting back into ketosis and on track. You'll lose that 28lbs no problem.

I am off to an engagement party tonight and have offered to drive so as I will not be tempted to drink. It's worth sacrificing a few nights out to get to our goal eh??

Good luck

PB

I totally agree, I'm going to drive to my friends birthday night out so I won't be tempted either. Thinking back to the first time I did this I did the same thing, I met people out after the meals and was fine with it, at least I still put in an apprearance.

Glad to hear it Surfhunny, remember we are all here, whenever you want x

Great that you're so motivated again :) I'm sure you'll be doing fab now. That's actually clever to meet people after the meals.

Great that you're so motivated again :) I'm sure you'll be doing fab now. That's actually clever to meet people after the meals.

Yeah my friends always go out afterwards for a good drink so its not too bad meeting up afterwards, I won't miss too much of the night.

Hmmm, I'm absolutely starving. I've got one more shake to have but I can't believe how hungry I am considering I hit ketosis this morning. I've had my water and I'm still drinking.... I'm starting to wonder if it's psychological hunger, not actual real hunger. I'm off to make a mousse with my last shake and hopefully I'll feel better after that. This is very strange, and I hope it's not something thats going to continue because I don't like feeling this hungry.

It probably is psychological, I get it but it's my fault, I tortue myself wandering round the shops picking up everything I used to eat. Try distracting yourself and it'll pass - oh and have your last shake x

I had my last shake as mousse to try and make it a bit more filling, but I'm still hungry boo. Never mind, I'm going to hit the sack in a bit. I'm just a little bit concerned because tomorrow I'm at work :( I've been fine while I've been off work, no temptations around and no inclination to go :character00182: to the shops to buy temptation. HOWEVER work is a minefield of temptation!!! And tomorrow will be horrible because its bank holiday weekend, it'll be hugely busy which means everyone will be buying loads of cr:(p to get them through the day.

I'm not too sure how I'll cope with all the inevitable goodies that will be littered across the work tops. :rolleyes: I'm gonna have to be extra strong:innocent0001:, think I might have to think about what I can treat myself with (not food) if I make it through the whole day without picking. It's going to be a tough day.:drool:

Grrr I hate work, I gave in to the Haribo monster today...justified by the fact that there is no fat in them and ignoring the sugar and calories. And marshmallows too "but they're just air". Ooops, and to top it all off it was just enough to knock me out of ketosis as I was only just to say in the pink this morning. Boo hiss - when will I learn??

Still I've got 2 days off work again now, enough time to get back into ketosis before work again on Tuesday. Work during the week although bad for temptation, isn't quite as bad as out of hours so I should be okay from here on in.

BUT unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to manage to lose those 7lbs before my CDC gets back so I'll have to confess my sins and tell her about my little meltdown earlier in the week.

I can't keep feeling like I want to give up the ghost everytime I slip up, so this afternoon I gave myself a stern talking to, stepped away from the naughty treats and carried on as if I hadn't had them. I went to Asda on the way home to make sure I had enough cottage cheese and chicken to see me through on SS+ if I feel the need to eat something. So plans are in place and I'm getting myself together slowly. Hopefully I won't have done too much damage and I'll still have a loss on Wednesday when I get get weighed.

Hey, glad to hear that you got on with things as though the blip never happened. I know it's hard but you've got to remember that we're only human at the end of the day and it took years for us to put the weight on so it's not going to disappear overnight (although Cambridge is good for weightloss). The difference is that you now recognise when you have a blip and that you feel bad for doing it. when that happens to me, it shows me that I do want to lose weight rather than just saying I want to!

I know it's ever harder but try and think of the positives in every situation, which I know some of them feel nothing but negative. Take the haribo and marshmallows, you said you ignored the calories and sugar but I say that you avoided the fat and carbs in biscuits for example so although you chose to eat, you chose something that wouldn't hurt too much if you see what I mean.

I'm sure you'll have a loss this week and if you're not at work for two days then you'll be back in ketosis and an ever stronger frame of mind by the time you go back to work, passing on treat will seem as easy as saying no to a punch in the face! At least that's what I tell myself. Ok, so I'm a little mad but hey, aren't we all in some small way?

Anyway, enough of my boring ramblings. Just wanted to say well done on sticking with it, no matter how hard it's been. You'll get there hun xxx

Oh and you look so much better in your new profile pic xxx

Thanks Hun! That new pic was taken when I was at my ideal weight, I've got it everywhere at the moment, which might seem slightly vain to some people but I figure if I'm feeling weak and I see that picture it'll remind my why I'm doing this and stop me from cheating. It's a kind of intervention lol. Mums idea.

Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredy bored BORED!!!!

Hmmm tonight I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself :(, purely because everyone is out tonight!:party0023: I had to make an excuse to not go out drinking with my friends tonight because I know I'm not in a place where I feel strong enough to resist peer pressure to drink:party0016: and eat dirty kebabs:eating:! Even if I'd driven I have a feeling I'd have just abandoned my car - it wouldn't be the first time...

So I've had all my shakes for the day, I'm not hungry, but I'm bored:sigh2:!! There's not much on telly, I don't feel like watching a movie. There doesn't even seem to be much action on here tonight.

Oh dear I sound so pathetic :mad: it's just because I know everyone else is out having a goo d time and I'm stuck in. I've resorted to watching Law and Order reruns instead :argh:, I could have an early night I suppose.

Ha ha I'm rambling :blahblah: now, that's how bored I am.
:party0019::party0019::party0019:

Last edited:
Thanks Shanny. That new pic is my inspiration. I took it when I got to my target last time. I have put it everywhere to try and remind me why I'm doing this, and also that I've done it before and I can do it again.

No I'm not so bored today, I've been out with my mum to Asda to stock up on fizzy water and now I'm back home watching Ever After: A Cinderella Story. Later on I'm going to have a long hot bath and get ready for going back to work tomorrow, boo. I wish I could just stay off until I get to target because I find it so much easier when I'm not at work!

Back