Attack Surprised

zeke

Gold Member
I am surprised at myself for even thinking about starting the Dukan diet.

I went out an bought a book this morning, just wrote a shopping list and I am off to the supermarket in a minute.

I have decided to start now rather than waiting for tomorrow. I plan to do six days (including today) on attack as a result.

Something tells me I am going to need this diary to get me through...

Hi Zeke! Firstly, congratulations on doing the right things: Buying the book, writing a shopping list and starting a diary!! We will all poke into it and offer advice and support where we can - there are lots of really experienced Dukaneers on here who have successfully navigated the often confusing advice!
Best of luck, and come back to tell us how you are getting on!

Definately best to get the things you need before starting. I delayed a day because I couldn't find the oat bran (only in Tescos so far). Was so worth being prepared.

Good luck, I have 'enjoyed' it and have been really surprised at the results, especially the cellulite virtually disappearing :)

Hi Zeke! Firstly, congratulations on doing the right things: Buying the book, writing a shopping list and starting a diary!! We will all poke into it and offer advice and support where we can - there are lots of really experienced Dukaneers on here who have successfully navigated the often confusing advice!
Best of luck, and come back to tell us how you are getting on!

Definately best to get the things you need before starting. I delayed a day because I couldn't find the oat bran (only in Tescos so far). Was so worth being prepared.

Good luck, I have 'enjoyed' it and have been really surprised at the results, especially the cellulite virtually disappearing :)

Thanks Coco and Poppy!

Funny you mention the oat bran - I couldn't find that in Morrisons. I bought some wheat bran and oat meal (I know - they were cheap so I just shoved them in!) which are clearly no good. I will have to search further afield tomorrow (Tesco! I wonder if holland and barrett stock it - if so I could get that now?)!

I spent a small fortune in the butchers (free range chicken and 0.5 kg of prime fillet steak (my DH will have some of that)) and then more in Morrisons!

My terrible breakfast seem to have really filled me up today. I had 2 tsp of chocolate spread (no idea what I was thinking there), 2 white rolls, 4 turkey rashers, tomato sauce and brown sauce. THEN I decided I wanted to start the Dukan diet!

I have just had a can of diet cherry coke and 120g of prawns (3.30 pm).

I have fillet steak, chicken, more prawns, salmon, 0% fat greek yogurt, skim milk all available for later...I figure I can do without the oatbran today as I had that appalling breakfast...

ADD: yes - Holland and Barrett do stock the oatbran! Why didn't I think of that whilst I was down town. Someone is coming round to measure for blinds in 20 mins so I cannot go now...hopefully I can get to town before it shuts though!

I should maybe add that I lost 19 lbs recently but have been floundering recently which is why I have sought out the Dukan diet.

Last edited:
That is some breakfast! The day before I started the Dukan diet I said to my husband that I would eat for Britian before it, I even got a bottle of wine to have with dinner. But you know what, I forgot the wine and didn't eat as much as I could, but I wish I had now!

Well done on the 19lbs. You can either add it to your stats or keep your lose there for Dukan only, whatever makes you feel good.

That is some breakfast! The day before I started the Dukan diet I said to my husband that I would eat for Britian before it, I even got a bottle of wine to have with dinner. But you know what, I forgot the wine and didn't eat as much as I could, but I wish I had now!

Well done on the 19lbs. You can either add it to your stats or keep your lose there for Dukan only, whatever makes you feel good.

HAHA! Thanks - the good thing is that basically my body didn't request any lunch after that...I usually have all bran and a banana but I had run out of all bran - quite a change!

Just back from H & B. Guess what? Yep, the oatbran was out of stock. Looked like the only damn thing in the shop to be out of stock. They did have a oatbran and oatgerm mix though so I got that. It will just have to do for now!

I have just changed my stats to make then 'all fresh' for Dunkan. I did have a sig full of my sw losses and stickers etc. It has been a couple of weeks since I was losing weight though and I am quite happy to let those stats go.

WOW! :eek:

Despite my terrible breakfast yesterday (I decided to start Dukan after breakfast) I am down 2.2 lbs today.

Yesterday:

B: 2 white rolls, 4 Turkey Rashers, Brown sauce, Tomato sauce, 2 tsp chocolate spread [NOT DUKAN! I hadn't even bought the book at this point!]
L: small pack of prawns
D: Salmon steak, 0% fat greek yogurt
Snacks: Strawberry Mullerlight

I was super-tired yesterday (nothing to do with Dukan) and ended up going to bed before 9 pm. I didn't have lunch until 3.30 pm as I wasn't hungry until then (and even then not much). I think I was lucky that I simply hit a non-hungry day to start on....or maybe my terrible breakfast wasn't so terrible afterall! I didn't do my 20 min walk.

Anyway, today is my first FULL Dukan attack day and I am excited!

Good luck with today. I found the first few days on Attack the hardest as I had to eat lots of protein to ward off hunger but it does gets easier once the hunger/cravings go. I now need to eat much less before I become full.

Good luck today Zeke - remember, eat as much of the unlimited foods as you need in Attack to keep off the hunger pangs, remember your 1.5tbsp of oatbran (if you don't have time to cook, stir them into your yoghurt), and keep your water intake high.
Today and tomorrow, you WILL feel the impact of what you are doing - your body is suddenly being starved of it's usual energy source and it will complain bitterly, but get through today and you are over the worst of it!
Let us know how you get on! :)

Thanks so much for the support and advice coco and redheart :)

I have had so far today:

7.30 am - oatbran galette
9.30 am - pack of prawns

I am really trying to drink plenty of water, too. Also having the odd can of cherry diet coke.

I shall now go and roast the chicken I bought yesterday (I know you cannot eat the skin but I was surprised that you are allowed to roast it with the skin on it?) so I have plenty of that in the fridge to eat when the hunger strikes. Plan to have some steak later, too. Think I will head to the shops again and get in more non-fat dairy....maybe even more prawns (expensive!).

Cherry Diet Coke saved my sanity in the first few days of Dukan, but I had never even had it before. I don't have a sweet tooth AT ALL but when I started Dukan, I found myself craving sugary foods, which I think was down to my body telling me to seek carbs! I very rarely crave sweet stuff now, but occasionally the odd diet cherry coke or fanta zero works wonders.
I saved a lot of money by buying a lean beef joint and roasting it - I sliced it up and snacked on those for a couple of days. Eggs - very filling and inexpensive. Remember you can also have unlimited quantities of lean minced beef - when you get to Cruise and you can add veggies, buy the lowest fat you can find, make a huge pan of chilli or bolognese and keep it in individual freezer bags - you can microwave them in minutes on PV days! Remember no veg in Attack though. You could use your lean minced beef to make burgers though - cheap and lovely!

Thanks for all the money-saving tips Coco! I think my DH will be pleased with those!

I haven't had cherry coke for years (I don't think) before yesterday. Weird. Really enjoying it though.

Right! I must get that chicken in and take my dogs for a nice long walk.

I have had so far today:

9.30 am - pack of prawns
12.20 pm - roast chicken breast + ww mango yogurt*

No dog walk yet - started to really rain after my last post. Planning to go as soon as DH get back from the CHIP SHOP :eek: - probably just as well...

Anyway, so far so good. I plan to eat every three hours unless I need to eat before that or I'm really not hungry then.

* OOPS - maybe I shouldn't have had that now reading the yogurt thread. Just what I had left in the fridge really.

Just read the book again about this:

There are three sorts of 0% fat yoghurt:

1. Natural yoghurt
2. Flavoured yoghurt (e.g. coconut, vanilla, lemon)
3. Fruit Yoghurts i.e. with little bits of fruit or fruit puree base.

1 and 2 are allowed without restriction. Non fat fruit yogurts are also allowed but a max of two a day (I guess one if it is a mullerlight). However, if you want a lightening fast start to your Attack phase diet them you are better off avoiding them altogether and even more so if you are going through a period when your weight is stagnating.

I have 2 mango and 1 pineapple ww yogurts left in the fridge. I think I will try and have either 1 or 0 of these per day.

Last edited:
I felt totally energised when I started this diet and it hasn't waned at all. Part of me would like to stay this way but I figure if I am careful about what I reintroduce hopefully I will stay energised.

You are doing well. :)

I have had so far today:

9.30 am - pack of prawns
12.20 pm - roast chicken breast + Dijon mustard + ww mango yogurt*
3 pm small amount of 0% fat greek yoghurt
5 pm 0% fat greek yoghurt
6.15-6.30 pm 3 hard boiled eggs
8.30 pm Fillet Steak (gorgeous!) + Dijon mustard

Last edited:
Hello your doing fantastic :) how many days have u been on attack for now? X

Thank you! Less than two as I didn't start until after breakfast on Friday. I was so happy to see a number less than 180 today as it means I have finally got over that 'weekend' off I had in 2010:

10July2011.png

Now to get over that 'weekend' off I had in 2008 and get below 158 lbs. Mr Dukan said I don't have to get below that 'weekend' off I had in 2001 and go below 137 lbs...which is a good job really! I think I finally accept that 128 lbs is a pretty unrealistic goal for me!

I think if anyone needs convincing as to why consolidation is such an important phase then my graph says it all! [this is the first time I have tried Dukan and previous losses were due to ww/sw but I am sure the same principle applies]

Last edited:
Back