Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

I did end up having dinner - a rather nice concoction of left over gammon, peas, spinach, skinny penne and a sauce of quark and Primula with cheese on top. Back on it today!

B - eggs, bacon, spinach
L - campfire stew plus lambs lettuce
D - more penne
LOTS of green tea!

Have a good one!

Thanks guys - it's definitely safer for me at home! I just can't seem to help myself running downstairs with everyone else to devour cake :classic_oops: - which was delicious BTW :classic_roll_eyes:.

So, it's a VLCD for me today, lots of green tea, ACV and anything else I can think of :D. Plus am telling myself to expect a gain on Monday night so I don't feel too disappointed (although I nearly always do!).

Tomorrow a dear (veggie) friend is coming to stay, so she's in for SW tomato and bean meals, but isn't arriving until late afternoon so it will be light foodwise for me until then. On reflection, tomato and beans doesn't sound too inspiring...time to pull out my SW Veggie recipe book tada, which I bought weeks ago and haven't opened since!

Meanwhile it's towel washing day, as poor Stella has cystitis back, so she's on double medicine - but is being such a good girl and trying to do #1s in the litter and bath - which is good, because I can keep an eye on how much blood is coming out. It's really common for cats to get it and it's mostly stress related - who knew? This is Stella's 4th bout in two years, so at least it's not constant, but she's on a strict diet of Lick e Lix with her pill mixed into it, and special crunchies and wet food, and hopefully it'll clear up in a few days. I'm guessing the stress is to do with living with Orbit, who still hisses away and takes a swipe at her every now and again. Not much I can do about that...

Have a good one!

Ah poor Stella, sending her cuddles and hoping her double meds work for her. How's your day gone? All sorted for your friend arriving? X

Yep all cleaned up, and found some great recipes to make - Portobello mushroom cheeseburgers; broccoli, potato and spinach soup; gardener's pie; and wild mushroom and chestnut pie mmm :).

So it can all double as food for my mate, and my batch cooking for the week (she's only staying one night, sadly).

Been a lovely day here - got all the washing out and dried, and did actually eat too (I can't do air and green tea, it turns out) :)

B - eggs and bacon
L - leftover skinny penne, spinach and ham bake
D - leftover campfire stew, baked again with some chopped toms, lambs lettuce and skinny penne and my HEA on top - lush!

I am loving the skinny penne - I know they aren't to everyone's taste but I'm finding them great - and very filling!

Ooo food you've made for your friend sounds lovely and that wild mushroom & chestnut pie sounds doubly devine😋
Good on you for getting back on track yesterday 😺 proud of you as it's very hard when you've had lovely scrummies shouting for you from the work SYN kitchen. X

Thanks Sis :). I just seem to lose all control when things like the cakes come in to the work kitchen!

Operation Cleanup time - got loads of boxes and bubblewrap that need to go out to the recycling bin. I put them on Freecycle but the mods are really slow and a day later they still haven't approved the posts - so out they go. Also going to clean the French door windows. Then batch cooking, once Mr Sainsburys gets here - minus the eggs! Seriously, how can they not have eggs???

B - beef stew - odd for B I know, but it needs using up and my veggie mate won't eat it
L - leftover campfire stew bake
D - hopefully the mushroom and chestnut pie - never tried chestnuts in cooking before, will let you know how it goes.

Sun's out again woohoo!

I was lucky to get eggs in Lidl yesterday they had not many left. Very strange.
No sunshine here, we had rain and probably we have mord later. Xx

Odd that eggs are in short supply🤔

I was an egg fiend when lazy keto-ing. I couldn't have eggsisted without eggs!

We just had the mushroom and chestnut pie with cauli rice and it was AMAZING! Really hearty and rich, will defo do it again.

The portobello mushroom burger was nice too - had a filling of cottage cheese, chives and chilli flakes which I didn't bother putting under the grill.

So I've earned my veggie cooking brownie points for today :).

Ooh that pie sounds nice. What was the pastry? I had a happy evening yesterday checking out veggie recipes from the cleanfooddirtygirl blog someone here posted. I'm planning to cook more new recipes when I'm at goal - and got some lower carb good ideas from there.

Lovely. I could do that with a cauli mash topping. Hmmmm. Recipe saved.

Back