Susie's 2022 campaign

Enjoy your holiday!

So happy you are okay Susie after your fright and trip to hospital.

Enjoy your holiday☀️

Oh crikey Susie I’ve never heard of that happening. Glad it was a relatively easy fix and you’re ok now.

Love the new furniture is all goes together beautifully

Have fun at the beach. Post us some pics!!b

Hello ladies, I'm baaaaaaack :D. Had an absolutely brilliant time with the gals - days out at old castles, wandering round gorgeous villages, sitting on the beach, and lots of talking and eating (fish and chips - oops heehee) and even a couple of glasses of wine - really relaxing and fun.

And boy oh boy have I fallen in love with Deal - it's like St Leonard's but bigger, better shops and more well heeled, so a nicer feeling of prosperity about it. And people are so friendly! It also comes with built in friends - my friend's B in L lives there, and he has lots of mates and said he'd be happy to include me in their social circle. And there's an SW club right in the middle of town :). So I think my plan to move has changed location :).

I'm going to use my friend's house out of summer and see how i feel about it. And oh my word her house is gorgeous!!! She's a very stylish lady, and so is the decor. I'll upload a couple of pics when i can summon the energy :).

But we'll see how things go with work - I did an interview over the phone, sitting in a wheelchair down a quiet alleyway at Walmer Castle on Thursday - and must have done OK they rang the agent straight away and want me to go in next week for a second interview. It's for Motability, and is 12 month mat cover again, so will keep you posted. if they allow flexible working hours then Deal could be a goer - but bl%&*dy hell the train is expensive - £6100 a year for the fast train, 90 mins into St Pancras, or an hour to Stratford.

Back in focus foodwise today - although i wasn't really bad while i was away, the other two are slim jims and eat lots of salad, so i followed suit. My knees were killing me but I need to keep up the walking...

Off to catch up on your news xx

Last edited:
Ahh holiday sounds fabulous! I must admit I've never even heard of Deal but it sound's lovely, I've been in London 4 years now I really need to check out more of the south coast. The job sounds interesting, train is very expensive but what a great quality of life to work in London but then live somewhere like that. Well done on lots of walking and hope your knees are feeling better soon!

Sounds like a great weekend, Lady F. Good luck with the job. I'm sure they'll have flexi-working as they hold Investors in People Gold.

I think trying out Deal is a great idea. I wish we had tried out where we live. I think the breakdown of my marriage might have been avoided if we'd rented first. Good luck with it all.

train is very expensive but what a great quality of life to work in London but then live somewhere like that.

Yes that's the balance I'm hoping for :). The locals really make the most of the beach, so I can actually see myself getting up earlier than usual, going for a walk on the beach, maybe a swim if there's no one around, then heading off to the train. Well, I say that - whether it would actually happen...? :classic_roll_eyes:

I'm sure they'll have flexi-working as they hold Investors in People Gold.

Oh that's good to know, thanks Ali! So sorry to hear about your marriage though, love. I agree completely about trying things out, if I'd rented in Italy instead of buying, I'd be in a much better financial situation now. The gap between the dream and reality can be huge.

Another lovely day here and the second load of washing is on, one more to go and that's seven loads this weekend and me all caught up. Really didn't like the housesitters much, they fiddled about with so much stuff and didn't put things back eg I popped some Asda spiced sweet pots in the oven this morning but I didn't realise that they'd turned the temp knob off (I never turn it out) and it was still frozen solid! And I'm starving :D. So now have to wait another 30 mins...ah well, it's not the end of the world and the cats were looked after OK, so that's the main thing. I had thought about getting students in to help with the mortgage but I've realised that I definitely don't like people in my space, so will forget about that idea :).

B - spiced sweet potatoes, spinach and eggs
L - warm lamb salad - lettuce, toms, quark dressing
D - turkey and spinach
S - cherries

Enjoy the day x

Hey, glad you are feeling better and got to enjoy your days away. The drama though must have been very frightening. 😯. Deal is lovely, I'm so glad you had a pleasant time. Living outside of a city and commuting, can seem a bit daunting, but the quality of life benefits are amazing (despite the costs). I have a 45 minute commute and relish the time to think on the train that I don't get with a shorter journey. ☺️

I love reading so could really get through a few during the weekly commute :).

Well, I had the sweet potato, a bit disappointing, I thought it would be spicier...so left half, which I'll use with the lamb later. Only two meals today I think, feeling pretty full, as B was more like L :).

It's illegal not to have fish and chips at the seaside when you're on holiday.
Which makes them syn free.

But if you live where they are - what happens then?

I think Amazon sells it, but it's not on Prime.
Delivery costs are prohibitive.

It's funny - where I grew up there was a beach, used to go a lot as a kid but never really bothered with it after teenage years. Now I'm in London I really miss and crave it.

Hope this week is a good one for you!

I live in Northampton. Which is about as far as you can get from the sea, in any direction.
When I've got holiday, I make a beeline for the sea. Any sea. But preferably craggy, not beachy.
Northumberland is the best!
But I'll take the sea anywhere.

So please make sure you have a spare room when you move to Deal, Susie!

Afternoon all

I was nice and relaxed when I came into work this morning - but now I just feel annoyed and tense. Unreal expectations, conflicting instructions - you name it, bad work practices abound here! Sad really, there's so much good stuff going on - but in a way I'm glad nothing has come up so I can have a change of work environment. Second interview is on Thursday morning :).

Also been mega bad on food! think it's very safe to say tonight will show a gain, I just hope it's not too big.

B - turkey and spinach
L - creamy chicken pasta salad oops, then half a brioche bun, then three Reese peanut cups major oops
D - dunno yet.

Cheers, all

Morning all

Not very organised today. I've got groceries coming tonight so will get a bit more prepared...and am aiming to have a strict 100% on it week this week!

B - toast x 2 (HEB) margarine (3), coffee
L - chicken, lettuce, sugar snaps, tomato with light chicken caesar dressing (1)
D - pork (that I will chew many, many times!), spinach and sugar snaps
S - dunno

Have a good one!

Back