Susie's 2022 campaign

Yes thanks Tessa, some ibuprofen in the night and it's only a twinge now. I guess the jiggler is responsible so will just do it sitting down.

Am also looking into getting a Revitive circulation booster, if I can get one cheap enough on eBay. Really wanted one of these instead of a jiggler, and I think I need to get my knees in a much better state before the jiggler will be of any use (my right knee is really sore today, after just 5 minutes of standing last night, and 5 sitting). I have weak veins in my calves and poor circulation (no exercise because of my knees, plus smoking doesn't help), which is called venous insufficiency and means the blood can't pump back up my leg, so it means my calves are reddy-purple. Not nice to look at, and can lead to ulcers, etc - so that's my main health focus right now.

Food - ON IT (my new mantra lol) -

B - eggy bake
L - chicken salad
D - beef and aubergine bake (from the Take 5 book)
HEA/B - cheese and crackers
Syns - 3 tsp Sweet Freedom (1.5), 2 Hifis - 6 = total 7.5

Have a good one!

Sorry to hear the jiggler caused pain. I got a twinge in my lower back after I increased the speed but it went overnight, I put it down to moving a muscle than doesn't normally move.

Go girl go..woo hoo! On it! Liking your new mantra and approach😺 At least you know what caused the gain and you're going all out to get rid of it again, that's the main thing. We wouldn't be human if we didn't give in to temptation now and then.
Dave had to stop using our vibro plate as he's pins in his spine and it seemed to aggravate hip and knee pain after a while. The gym staff don't seem to know enough about them to comment, his consultant didn't either and just said stay off it.
Food is looking spot on Suzie X

Love the new mantra - the gain is not too bad, you could have that off this week. 4 more stone by Feb is totally achievable and you will feel fabulous if you manage it. Food sounds good - especially the beef and aubergine bake.

Sorry your back is hurting - hope that resolves soon :)

Thanks for your support ladies - kisses all round! :)

My back is a load better thanks, drugs helped LOL. But I do think it was the vibroplate, so will hold off on that for a bit. Got some Revitives bookmarked on eBay so hopefully one will stay cheap and I'll try that instead.

The beef and aubergine bake is being assembled as we speak - will report back.

I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better! Back pain is horrible! The Take 5 book, is that the SW one? How much is it, as I quite fancy getting it, but didn't get a chance to look at it on Monday. xx

I have looked at quite a few youtube videos of vibroplate experts and they all say vibroplates are really helpful for many but anyone with knee or back problems should steer clear as they can really agrivate the problem. And they should be used on a low setting with slowly increased periods of time on them. So,yes I'd stay off it right now Susie x

Digging out my old circulation booster.....if I remember rightly, you have to use it a lot regularly to get any benefit. I don't watch much tv these days so not sure when I'll do it...Thank for the prompt - may help with the oedema in my legs.

The Take 5 book, is that the SW one? How much is it, as I quite fancy getting it, but didn't get a chance to look at it on Monday. xx

I really like it El, there's some yummy recipes and easy as :). The bake was scrumptious and makes four good - very filling - serves.

I have looked at quite a few youtube videos of vibroplate experts and they all say vibroplates are really helpful for many but anyone with knee or back problems should steer clear as they can really agrivate the problem. And they should be used on a low setting with slowly increased periods of time on them. So,yes I'd stay off it right now Susie x

Thanks Lottie, will do!

How do you do the Aubergine bake?

Here you go Tessa - https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/beef-and-aubergine-bake.aspx

Another 100% day (so far) -

B - eggy bake
L - beef and aubergine bake and loads of Florette superfood salad - nice mix actually, "...a mix of delicate wild rocket, spinach, baby kale, peppercress®, baby chard & crunchy beetroot" - and all for about 40 cals :)
D - pork loin with steamed red cabbage and mustard/quark dressing
Syns - Hifis
HEA/B - crackers and cheese and/or Sweet Freedom

Busy day so will catch up later!

Morning all

Did a SWI and am delighted with the result so far, which I'm hoping is the result of being completely on plan (it's not rocket science, is it :classic_roll_eyes:).

B - spinach and HEA cheese omelette - lush and very filling!
L - beef and aubergine bake and spinach
D - chicken stirfry - lots of veg - and maybe some extra carrots
Syns - stewed apple and coconut yogurt (1.5)
HEB - rye cakes with Sweet F - (3)

Have a good day, all xx

It's all looking good!

And I've finally found the Rye Cakes locally. Yay.
Those with Marmite and Philly Light or Laughing Cow are pretty good to use up the HXs for a filling snack.
Thank you!

Good to see you doing 100% days Suzie, you're having more and more of them ⭐️ your meals always look really nice too so it mustn't feel like you're missing out..I way off track at the minute and need to follow your example of eating a proper meal keeps you on track 🙋Holding out my hand for you to grab and pull me onwards and downwards with you😸 Ooo and I've just thought I can have stewed apple with Koko yogurt😋Wouldn't have thought of that X

Well done on the 100% days, SWI sounds promising!

Morning all!

Slight change of menu yesterday

B - spinach and HEA cheese omelette - lush and very filling!
L - beef and aubergine bake and spinach
D - leftover bake with a lush salad from work - edamame beans, feta, grains and a beetroot dressing - yummy! HEA and 3
Snack - raspberries from work and coconut yogurt / HEB - 2 Hifis / 2 rye cakes with Sweet F - (3) / 1 Hifi - 3

Syns total - 9

Today
B - eggs and bacon
L - chicken stir fry
D - fish and chips woohoo!
Snack - raspberries and coconut yogurt / HEB - 2 Hifis / 2 rye cakes with Sweet F - (3) / 1 Hifi - 3

Not much planned for the weekend - the usual laundry and cleaning...

Have a good one!

Morning all

Up and ready for the day after a decent sleep. Batch cooking is the order of the day - slow cooker lamb curry, spicy pork meatballs and chicken supreme, or maybe mini kievs - haven't decided yet. Mr Sainsburys is coming, and also an order from Next for a bathroom towel rack and mirror - so by this time next week I can do the Big Reveal of my 'new' bathroom :).

B - eggs and bacon
L - chicken, cabbage, courgetti, toms
D - maybe the lamb with spinach
Syns - light!

Have a good one xx

Back