susu xxx

Hi folks.

New diary , old plan.

Aim for 2016 is to get out of the obese category, which for me means getting under 170lb.

So plan is

* Weigh in last Monday of EVERY month no matter how my eating is going.
* Aim to eat under 1750 calories a day.
* Aim to burn over 2100 calories a day.
* Aim to have 1/3 veg or fruit with every meal.
* Have holidays off plan.

Other things help, like making low cal soups and always having breakfast but that is my basic plan. Once again I don't expect big losses but with the exception of December I do expect losses every month.

Sounds like a good plan. We all know that perseverance is the key, so we will be here to keep you on the straight and narrow :)

What is the obese category? Is it over BMI of 30?

Yes. I thought that was a good goal to aim for this year. It's only a label but it's one I'll be glad to see the back of.
It will be slow going after that (2017/2018) as my bmr gets lower, but for now, I'm carrying on much the same as last year.

Last edited:
Good morning. Still having a bit of a crisis due to leaking roofs. We are a lot better off than some other people after the storms, but it's still stressful, and the chances of getting a permanent fix is weeks away. However, son is still on holiday, so I am leaving him my mobile to deal with the calls that never come, and nipping off to aquacise. I am starting to feel better for getting back on plan. I'm not quite there on the exercise front but I'm getting there.

I love WeMitts, just thought I'd mention it.

Well that was poop. Went to aquacise and the time has changed, girl that takes it didn't even know! At least 4 of us turned up at the wrong time and unfortunately I can't make the new time today. However I did do something radical and unplanned while I was there. I have joined the gym!!!!!! It's only a few exercise machines at the back of the pool so calling it a gym is a bit of a stretch but I am now officially a SENIOR member, mainly due to the computer not being able to cope with the difference between my over 50's aquacise and the full under 60's price gym. Half price so not complaining. I can walk to it as well so even if I just go occasionally it will be good.

Thanks hun, unfortunately it's both my roof and my mothers roof that are leaking. Eventually got electrics sorted this morning but don't get me started as it's been a funny old day all round. I have managed to achieve quite a lot but none of the things I actually set out to achieve. I'm really noticing that I'm not as confident as I used to be when dealing with the stresses and strains of things going wrong. I think I need 2016 to bring me some fun or failing that a litre of gin.

Yay for signing up to the gym!! Well done you :)
Wonderful to hear about increased confidence xx

Lol, it would be wonderful. Discovered why I've been out of sorts. This morning..*star* made an unexpected visit. Hasn't been around since September so I'd gotten complacent.
Today has the potential to be stress free. Jinxed it!!!

So, I have been to the gym. Haven't really got a clue what I'm doing, the room isn't much bigger than my living room, and the machines are limited, but I enjoyed it.

hi susu
glad you enjoyed the gym

Hi Susu, thought I would find you on here as well as the other forum :) That's great about joining the gym! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) One day I hope I have the confidence to join one.

hi susu
glad you enjoyed the gym

I really did Chez. I don't know if you remember me mentioning that a woman at aquacise had lost quite a lot of weight but she was there. Very encouraging to see as she must have been around 30 st.

Hi Susu, thought I would find you on here as well as the other forum :) That's great about joining the gym! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) One day I hope I have the confidence to join one.

Hi Elanor, I do think gyms differ but I'd love to know how many of the people who go, started out, out of shape and shy. I bet it's quite a lot. The way I see it, if gyms work, then most of the people in them will look fit. That doesn't mean they have always been so. I'd love to have access to a proper gym, with classes etc but it's just too far to travel.

I'm going to a games night tonight. We have dinner then play board games. Tonight it's the very nasty horse racing game. Saturday night in the fast lane? It's my turn to make dinner so I'm taking campfire stew.

hi susu
i think your great going to the gym as well and yes i remember the young lady she is fab she did not care she used it to lose weight and sod others what a star im just not a gym girl but i do love swimming i need to look in to this more at the moment im doing my 1mile walk with L.S.

hi susu
i think your great going to the gym as well and yes i remember the young lady she is fab she did not care she used it to lose weight and sod others what a star im just not a gym girl but i do love swimming i need to look in to this more at the moment im doing my 1mile walk with L.S.

Not sure I'm really a gym girl either but apparently I now have nearly 13% less muscle mass than a 40 year old as you lose 1% a year from 40 onwards. So I need to do some weight/resistance training to counter act the effects of 'old' age. I think the Lesley vids are really helpful and aquacise is really good as it's empowering to be able to move in ways you can't on dry land. You don't have to be able to swim to do aquacise but if you love swimming there is a good chance you'd like it.

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I've lost 1lb. I shouldn't have done it as I'm a bit miffed. I was expecting a whooshie as I'm back on plan and feel about 4lb lighter . Oh well, onwards I'll plod.

susu im sure when you do your monthly w.i. you will have lost a whooshie x

Back