I think I'm going to copy you and make that my goal for 2016 as well--to get out of the obese category. :)

I absolutely love weight training, and it's helped me more than any other exercise with losing weight, I think.

Elanor, the thing I've heard from most gym-goers is that they never judge anyone they see who is out of shape and working out. They mostly think, "Oh, that's great that they're trying to make a change," or they don't think about them at all because they're focused on their own workout.

I hope the roofs get sorted as soon as possible, susu. :( Such a stressful thing--especially in two houses at once!

I think I'm going to copy you and make that my goal for 2016 as well--to get out of the obese category. :)

It seems like a good goal to me. Though I've been over the past two days and I really do need to stop evening snacking.

[QUOTE="Grumpy Space Princess, post: 7877575, member: 129993"I absolutely love weight training, and it's helped me more than any other exercise with losing weight, I think.[/QUOTE]

Might need to pick your brains re weight training.

Went back to the gym today. Enjoyed it again. Not doing a great deal while I'm there but I reckon it's best to start off slowly. Aquacise tomorrow, new time which throws my carbs/insulin out again:mad:. Another week until zumba is back. Have stopped going to pilates but have been doing some at home. I loved the class but the travel time was just too much. Generally exercise doing better than diet.

Elanor, the thing I've heard from most gym-goers is that they never judge anyone they see who is out of shape and working out. They mostly think, "Oh, that's great that they're trying to make a change," or they don't think about them at all because they're focused on their own workout.

I think I still have confidence issues :) But that is good to hear :) I think one day I just need to suck it up, be brave and go to one. I could surprise myself and enjoy it.

Hope you have had a good day Susu. I think you are right to start off slowly at the gym, build it up slowly, rather that go all out straight away. It gives you something to build on :)

hi susu
hope your having a good day love x x

Popping in to sub. I am going to join the gym at our local leisure centre when I get paid on 26th so I can use the pool. Will get my stamina up a bit then maybe start using the gym as well.

I think I still have confidence issues :) But that is good to hear :) I think one day I just need to suck it up, be brave and go to one. I could surprise myself and enjoy it.

Hope you have had a good day Susu. I think you are right to start off slowly at the gym, build it up slowly, rather that go all out straight away. It gives you something to build on :)

You really could surprise yourself. Hope you give it a go.

hi susu
hope your having a good day love x x

and to you Chezz. Hope slimming world is suiting you.

Popping in to sub. I am going to join the gym at our local leisure centre when I get paid on 26th so I can use the pool. Will get my stamina up a bit then maybe start using the gym as well.

Welcome Crafty Girl. My stamina is shocking considering all the aquacise and zumba I do. I'm going to the gym on my own on Friday so I'll be able to see how long I last when left to my own devices.

Thinking of having a new rule. No synned food after 7pm. I'm calorie counting so that might seem strange but I only ever cheat in the evenings and at least if I went over cals it would be on healthy food.

hi susu diet going good how as your day been x

Well so far my day has been s**t. Started with my alarm not going off. .Phone call from mums roofers, all neg except they have made an appointment to come back tomorrow so gym is off. Lost car keys, had them a minute ago, found car keys. Car like a brick of ice, anti freeze in car. Locks frozen, no lighter to heat up key, looked for lighter, found old lighter, got into car. Car won't start. Intersperse calls from mum. who never remembers anything except my phone number. Eventually made other arrangements to get her to the day centre. Slid down the hill to her house . Got her ready as fast as I could. There is more to it but you get the general idea. You know it's not a good day when the best thing to happen is your xmas credit card bill arriving and not being in double figures. Plan for today had been to chase up other roofers and phone social worker. some of you know how much I love her. Plan B. is put duvet over head and sing loudly.

Plan B it is.

Did not in the end go with either A or B. Instead I did some non essentials so I might achieve something, plan C. Luck continued to be s**t quite literally as mum came back and must have stood in a rather large and sticky dog turd which she managed to spread through 2 rooms before I noticed!!! Also got over charged in Wilko.

Positives are

* I now have a large supply of de icer both in the car and in the house.
* I've done Mum's shopping so don't have to do it tomorrow.
* I have an actual time for the roofer to be at Mums, (We will see how that pans out tomorrow).
* My cc bill is only 3 figure.
* I have cleared out my filing cabinet.
* My car is now starting.
* Nothing really awful has happened.

On plan so far today. My problem is evenings. Might take me a while to adopt my new rule re only syn free snacks in the evening but I think it would be a good one for me.

aww susu i hate days that start like that you just know rest of the day is going to be s**t hope your having a better evening hun x x

Well that's one roof fixed. Fingers crossed that the other one is sorted soon.

I have been struggling with evening binges. This has always been a problem so I need to work on finding a better strategy. I have decided to try 4 meals a day. Same calories just slightly smaller portions. I really hope it works for me. Exercise is fine, not in full swing yet but it's in the process.

It's snowing quite heavily here. Outside is white. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere until Monday.

Well done on the gym join Susu and glad at least one of your roofs are fixed :)
The idea of snow is so romantic, the actuality, nah, not so much x (Lottie)

Yeah, Lottie :). I love snow when I don't have to drive anywhere and can just stay home watching films and drinking hot chocolate with Baileys. When you've got to get to work etc it's a pain in the gluteus maximus. Gym is within walking distance so no excuse but zumba involves driving so I'll give it a miss on Monday.

What kind of food do you found yourself wanting at night?

I sometimes fancy chocolate in the evenings, I buy slimfast choc caramel snack bars (100 cals) but I chop up the bar into 10 small pieces and sit with a coffee slowly eating each one... Does it for me!!,

What kind of food do you found yourself wanting at night?

I sometimes fancy chocolate in the evenings, I buy slimfast choc caramel snack bars (100 cals) but I chop up the bar into 10 small pieces and sit with a coffee slowly eating each one... Does it for me!!,

Generally I can easily stay on plan during the day without really thinking about it. If offered a treat I can turn it down or if I choose to, just have a little bit. In the evening it's a case of 'once I pop I just can't stop'. Generally it is high calorie, low density food like crisps or biscuits (refined carbs) . I've tried the 'don't have it in the house' technique but that just made it worse.
I don't tend to sleep more than about 6 hours a night so the time between dinner and bed time is often about 8 hours so there is probably a bit of hunger involved. Day time meal times are dictated by my schedule and are actually a bit earlier than I'd like. That doesn't fully explain it though. I could nibble a choc caramel snack bar during the day and be satisfied but at night it could easily just act as a trigger for a binge whether I feel hungry or not.
I'm going to try scheduling a supper time of about 300 calories in. Made from syn free or very low syn foods and banning refined carbs in the evenings. .

Well done. I try not to eat after my evening meal as once I start in an evening I can't stop.

Hi susu, I thought I would pop on after reading your posts. I think you are fantastic for getting out and exercising, are you finding the gym easier yet?

I struggle in the evening too as that's when my husband breaks out the pringles, biscuits etc grrrr! Sometimes I just have to go up to bed to stop the mindless munching. I like your idea of splitting your calories between 4 meals instead of 3, I may give that a go too.

Good luck with your goal, take care x

Back