Suze's Diary - Daily Weigher

My head's in holiday mode since my night out which is a pain. Finding every excuse not to stay on track :(. Had some sugar free jelly now too! Guess I just need to try to be sensible until new year. Looked up the calories in the nuts. OMG :eek: how many!!?? 166 calories per 25g!! I thought nuts were healthy. That's no doubt blown my WI tomorrow.

Keep strong borders its not Christmas yet!! Nuts high in calories but no carbs I dont think so you should be fine, just keep on track hun xx

On W8, you are permitted 20 peanuts daily as a snack. So you probably haven't done much damage, if any.
Good luck with today's WI :)

Restart weigh (again) lol

13/12 Tues: 15st 2.4lbs
Wed: 15st 0.4lbs

I have woke up with v sore throat n sore head, think ive got a cold urgh.. means i will loose my sense of taste which is a bonus lol x

Getting there Suze. It's tricky this side of Xmas isn't it?

Yeah it is! Im just kinda doing my own thing diet wise, prob not ideal but had slice of toast instead of half bar this morn have recorded my cals etc im prob not getting enuf vitamins etc but on my normal diet i prob dont get enuf anyways. Im not going to get into ketosis in 3 days, took me 4days last time.

Whats the diff between a low carb vlcd and just a vlcd? I know u dont get into ketosis and the vits and mins not the same as not eating 3 packs. But what else? Wont b loosing my glycimic? stores but as im drinkin fri i dont think thats a bad thing... Hmmm

Last edited:
I think it's all to do with the fact that a ketogenic VLCD is balanced in terms of vits and minerals etc. and also the state of ketosis suppresses appetite that makes things easier to deal with, plus you are supposed to be burning fat as you have no glycogen stores. If you're not in ketosis but still on a VLCD I guess the carbs you consume will be converted to glycogen and you'll also use those for energy but as your calorie intake is lower than you require I guess you must still lose weight. That's my non scientific take on it anyway :). As you say, it's probably not a good idea to be in ketosis when you drink, I definitely found it a struggle last Fri anyway and I did carb up a little bit before I went out.

Having looked more into it its prob not the best thing to do as it puts u in starvation mode etc so going back to follow my ww plan till jan. So goodbye for now, see yous in jan good luck with christmas and the new year xxx

Good luck with WW Suze, and have a great Xmas.

I think thats why most of us are just expecting to maintain or even gain a little this month Suze

I thought i could just jump on and off the plan as i dont actually find it that difficult when im on it but i totally underestimated how hard it would be and im currently around 5lb more than I want to be at the end of the month or was at the start of the month, not sure how Im going to do that and really struggling at the moment

I think Im going to try to limit the damage and focus on being 100% in the New Year once all the parties and meals have passed

Actually cant wait until January so i can stop feeling like a bloated greedy pig :cry:

That's it! Detox has started! Bring it on.... My body needs it lol

Start back on vlcd tomoz and back to work after being off on maternity leave for 9 months :)

Going to post my weight daily, starting with dreaded first weigh in tomoz... Argh the shame! Will be high number lol x

You and me both Suze. I'm back to work tomorrow too (but only had 10 days off, not 9 months) ;). I'm also restarting tomorrow and dreading the WI! Better sleep I guess as I've got out of the habit of getting up early!

Best of luck....the weeks will fly and the pounds will melt off...

Hope your first day back at work goes ok. I'm back to work on the 16th and feel sick thinking about it! My daughter is doing her nursery induction this week, just hope she likes it! Good luck with getting back on the diet x

Went fine think the thought if it was worse than doing it. My sons seems happy so thats all that matters.

Been 100% today, had spag bol, shake,n bar. Well still half bar to go tonight x

Pretty good Suze! :clap:

Back