Suzyflo's food diary....back on the wagon, target reached, now I need to stay there!!

Hi Laura, thanks for dropping by, lovely to hear from you. You'll be impressed that I went for a run tonight.....only a short one, for 10mins but it was a start and a step in the right direction, it was pretty windy too so felt quite tough running against the wind. x

As per the above post, have been for a run, first one in a long time, I used to run regularly but have totally got out of the habit...I'll try and keep it up :)

Green day

Breakfast: all bran with blueberries and sliced banana

Lunch: superfree veggie soup w/m bread, muller light.

Dinner: superfree veggie soup mixed with rice, quorn pieces and chilli, muller light.

Snacks: apple

Syns: scan bran ginger cake 2, crisps 5, whisky with diet coke 4, chocolate 3.5

Didn't run today but went for a walk so that's better than nothing.

Green day

Breakfast: all bran with blueberries and sliced banana.

Lunch: same as yesterday (yawn) superfree veggie soup with w/m bread. muller light.

Dinner: same as yesterday (yawn again!) superfree veggie soup with rice and quorn pieces mixed in.

Snacks: satsuma, apple

Syns: scan bran ginger cake 2.

Not entirely sure what kind of day I'm having today, I guess it could be extra easy - not that I fully understand it!!

Breakfast: porridge with blueberries and banana

Lunch: bacon and mushroom slimming world quiche with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. Shape 0% yoghurt.

I've got my son and his girlfriend staying for a couple of days so we went out for a family tea, with them and daughter and grandkids, there wasn't really much on the menu that didn't include chips so for Dinner: I went for beef lasagne with mixed salad....and garlic bread!! I guess I could count the cheese as my hexa and if I use all 15 syns for today plus the 13 that I didn't use from yesterday then I think that will more than cover it :fingerscrossed:

Snacks: apple, satsuma, plum

Red day

Breakfast: porridge with blueberries and sliced banana

Lunch: scrambled egg on w/m toast, shape 0% yogurt

Dinner: roast pork, carrots, broccoli, baby corn

Snacks: banana, plum, 2 x apples, plum

Syns: wine 6, crisps 5, chocolate 3.5 :)

Red day

Hexa - milk

breakfast - porridge with blueberries and sliced banana

lunch - roast pork with mixed salad leaves, cucumber and tomato, 0% shape yogurt

dinner - roast pork with carrots, cauliflower and green beans, 0% shape yogurt

snacks - pear, satsuma, apple, plum

syns - scan bran ginger cake 2, wine 6, chocolate 3.5

Well done on getting out running, there is nothing worse than battling the weather for it!! And well done for avoiding the chips when you were eating out, you have some strong willpower!! xx

Thanks - I think my enthusiasm has waned a bit though, not been running anymore, however, have been on a few brisk walks, they need to be brisk in this freezing weather to keep warm!

Re my will power, I can be quite determined at times - just have the odd lapse now and again - same as most I guess!! :) x

Red day

hexa - milk

breakfast - 2 weetabix

lunch - pilchards on w/m toast, I was totally devastated as I was looking forward to pilchards in tomato sauce but when I opened the tin I discovered they were in brine! :mad: I still ate them but didn't really enjoy them. I won't make that mistake again!!

dinner - basa fillet with carrots and green beans, banana muller light with crumbled ginger biscuit on top.

snacks - satsuma, celery, melon, apple

syns - wine 6, scan bran ginger cake 2, ginger biscuit 2, chocolate 3.5

green day

hexa: milk

breakfast: porridge with blueberries and sliced banana

lunch: superfree veggie soup, w/m bread, muller light

dinner: quorn curry & rice, muller light

snacks: apple, 2 x plums, 2x pears

syns: wine 6, crisps 5, chocolate 3.5

Well done on the loss :) Sounds like you def have the motivation to keep it up :) xx

Thanks Laura, I do want to get back to that target....mind you I was just thinking yesterday, think I'd better ease up on the syns, or at least the type of things I'm synning with, I can't expect to have wine, crisps and chocolate every night and keep getting away with it, it's bound to bite me on the backside sometime!! :D

Green day

Hexa: milk, baby bel light

Breakfast: 2 weetabix

Lunch: super free veggie soup with w/m bread, muller light

Dinner: egg and s/w chips, muller light

Snacks: 2 x pear, apple, satsuma

Syns: crisps 5, chocolate 3.5

Red day

Hexa: milk, baby bel light

Lunch: superfree veggie soup, w/m bread, muller light

Dinner: steamed haddock fillet, carrots, green beans and cauliflower, muller light

Snacks: 2 x apple, 2 x pear, 2 x plum

Syns: scan bran marmalade cake 2

Green day

Hexa: milk, cheese

Lunch: beans on w/m toast topped with grated cheese, muller light

Dinner: quorn chilli and rice, 0% activia

Snacks: pear, 2 x apples, 2 x plums

Syns: wine 6, chocolate 3.5, scan bran marmalade cake 2

Red day

hexa: milk

breakfast: porridge (hexb) with blueberries and sliced banana

lunch: egg sandwiches (w/m bread hexb), crisps, muller light

dinner: bacon and mushroom s/w quiche, mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber. muller light

snacks: 2 x apple, satsuma

syns: whisky and diet coke 4, crisps 5, scan bran marmalade cake 2

Hi Suzy, Just popping in as I am always curious about those who beat me on the Trivia game...:D

You certainly are doing very well on your weight and so near to being back at your goal, well done.
And another runner I see, really don't know how you peeps manage to do that..far beyond my conception (at any age!)
AKA Dandy...:)

Hi,
I've just read through all yr diary :) love a good read!! :-D
I saw lots of the same for me - celebrations on the run up to Christmas!! That was me! :) they were good tho!!

I read the lasagne, salad and garlic bread and I must say I thought 'oh oh' but then I read yr loss and I thought 'go you!!!'

Sometimes I feel, for myself, when I have something like that and feel all is lost I eat more of the 'bad stuff' and ruin my weight loss. Yougot straight back on it and it proves that you can treat yrself and still loose weight :) x

Thanks both of you for popping in and taking the time to read my food diary...not very exciting reading I'm afraid...sorry! It's nice to get some feedback and encouragement, please do come back again :) I really find that writing my daily eats on here helps me a lot. Sometimes it makes me think twice about potential bad food choices and helps to keep me on track (and sometimes it doesn't!! :D) Yes I'm quite close to target but annoyingly it's usually the last few pounds that are hardest to get rid of! Lets all keep it up x :angel09:

Hi Suzy, Just popping in as I am always curious about those who beat me on the Trivia game...:D

You certainly are doing very well on your weight and so near to being back at your goal, well done.
And another runner I see, really don't know how you peeps manage to do that..far beyond my conception (at any age!)
AKA Dandy...:)

I enjoy doing the daily quiz...I see that you do well at it. I sometimes wonder how people manage to get through it so quickly, it takes me ages to read the questions!!
Re the running, I never ever thought that I would take to running, I'm usually so anti exercise, however, I really surprised myself when I started it, I ran with work colleagues a couple of nights a week after work, amazingly I actually enjoyed it, even took my running shoes on holidays and went out for runs before breakfast. Trouble is last winter when it was really cold and snowy I stopped, I haven't really got back into it properly since, I had a go the other week, full of good intentions, but haven't been again...must try harder!!

Hi,
I've just read through all yr diary :) love a good read!! :-D
I saw lots of the same for me - celebrations on the run up to Christmas!! That was me! :) they were good tho!!

I read the lasagne, salad and garlic bread and I must say I thought 'oh oh' but then I read yr loss and I thought 'go you!!!'

Sometimes I feel, for myself, when I have something like that and feel all is lost I eat more of the 'bad stuff' and ruin my weight loss. Yougot straight back on it and it proves that you can treat yrself and still loose weight :) x

I too thought 'oh no' when I saw the menu that night and believe me the lasagne was deffo the best choice from the options I had to chose from!! In the past I'd have thought..sod it, I've blown it I may as well have more bad stuff but I have learned that it just isn't worth it...best to get straight back on plan. I do like to treat myself, but, as I said a few days ago, I think wine, chocolate and crisps every night is probably pushing it a little too far!! :rolleyes:

Back