Suzyflo's food diary....back on the wagon, target reached, now I need to stay there!!

E/E

Hexa: cheese
Hexb: w/m bread

Breakfast: w/m toast with marmalade (1 syn)

Lunch: ham, mushroom and onion omelette topped with cheese.

Dinner: quorn curry made with quorn pieces, onions,garlic, spices garlic and chillies, with rice. Apple, w/w lemon yogurt

Snacks: 2 x apples, scan bran chocolate cake (2 syns), 1/2 bounty (6.5 syns)

Syns: marmalade 1, s/b cake 2, bounty 6.5, milk in coffees 2. total syns = 11.5

E/E

hexa: milk
hexb: porridge

breakfast: porridge with blueberries

lunch: onions and mushrooms in soy sauce with rice

dinner: gammon steak with new potatoes, carrots and green beans. w/w toffee apple yogurt.

snacks: banana, apple, plum, pear, scan bran carrot cake (2 syns)

syns: scan bran carrot cake 2, wine 6, chocolate 3.5 = total 11.5

E/E

Hexa: milk
Hexab: w/m bread

Breakfast: mixed berries and sliced banana with natural yogurt, 1 slice w/m toast with marmalade (0.5 syn)

Lunch: 1 piece of w/m toast with egg, bacon, mushrooms and beans. scan bran carrot cake (2 syns)

Dinner: pork steak with carrots, green beans and baby sweetcorn, yorkshire pudding (2.5 syns). w/w raspberry yogurt.

Snacks: 2 x pear, 2 x apple. Chocolate (3.5 syns)

Syns: marmalade 0.5, s/b carrot cake 2, yorkshire pud 2.5, chocolate 3.5. Total = 8.5

Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for a loss, after 2 weeks of sts even a tiny one will do! :)

E/E

Hexa: milk.
Hexb: 2 x aldi less than 70 calorie cereal bars.

Breakfast: mixed summer berries and sliced banana with natural yogurt and cereal bars crumbled on top.

Lunch: pasta with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with worcestershire sauce. Activia mango yogurt.

Dinner: Ham salad with boiled egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, mixed salad leaves, celery, carrot, cucumber and beetroot. Scan bran carrot cake (2 syns)

Snacks: 2 x apples, 2 x plums, grapes, fat free yogurt, blueberries.

Syns: walkers crisps (from multi pack) 6.5, s/b cake 2. Total = 8.5

Think I'm getting the hang of extra easy now :)

Last edited:
E/E

Breakfast: mixed summer berries, sliced banana & natural yogurt.

Lunch: w/m toast with mushrooms, bacon and beans. 0% activia yogurt.

Dinner: quorn sausages (3 syns) with new potatoes, carrots, green beans and baby sweetcorn. Scan bran carrot cake (2 syns)

Snacks: grapes, strawberries, 2 x apples, 2 x plums, boiled egg.

Syns: quorn sausages 3, s/b cake 2, aldi light hot chocolate 2, aldi dark chocolate - half small bar 3.5. Total = 10.5

Forgot to update my food yesterday so here it is:

Wednesday E/E

Hexb: porridge

Breakfast: porridge with blueberries and sliced banana

Lunch: pasta with bacon, onions, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes. 0% activia yogurt

Dinner: quorn chilli with rice. 0% activia yogurt

Snacks: strawberries, grapes, 2 x apples, 2 x plums (hmm think I might be eating too much fruit!)

Syns: aldi light hot chocolate drink 2, dark chocolate 3.5.
Total = 5.5

E/E

Hexb: fruit & fibre

Breakfast; fruit & fibre with sliced banana and blueberries

Lunch: quorn chilli & rice (leftover from last night). 0% activia.

Dinner: diet coke chicken (first time I've tried this - was nice) with chinese flavour savoury rice and carrots, baby sweetcorn & green beans. shape delights yogurt rhubarb crumble(0.5)

Snacks: apple

Syns: yogurt 0.5, gin & blackcurrant 4, chocolate 3.5.
Total = 8

E/E

Breakfast: mixed berries & sliced banana with f/f nat yogurt, 2 x slices w/m toast with marmalade (1 syn)

Lunch: chinese savoury rice with mushrooms, onions & sliced quorn sausage (1 syn)

Dinner: roast pork with carrots, green beans & cauliflower. 0% activia yogurt.

Syns: marmalade 1, quorn sausage 1, wine 6, crisps 5, chocolate 3.5. Total = 16.5 - a bit over but I have been under most other days so hopefully will be ok.:D

E/E

Breakfast: sliced banana, apple, strawberries and blueberries with f/f natural yogurt

Lunch: roast pork and salad (tomato, lettuce & cucumber) sandwich made with w/m bread.

Dinner: diet coke chicken with rice, onions, mushrooms and peppers. 0% activia yogurt.

Snacks: pear

Syns: wine 6, chocolate 3.5. Total = 9.5

E/E

Breakfast: mixed berries and banana with f/f natural yogurt, 2 slices w/m toast with marmalade (1 syn)

Lunch: rice, mushrooms onions & peppers with worcester sauce and 2 x eat smart pork sausages (1 syn). w/w lemon & lime yogurt.

Snacks: pear, apple.

Syns: marmalade 1, sausages 1, crisps 5. Total = 7

:cry: + 1lb:cry:....I'm so disappointed, I've stuck to plan & not gone off the rails, thought E/E was working for me, but maybe not! I'll stick at it for another week and see what happens, if I don't get a good result next week I'll revert back to my usual green and occasional red days. I'm not giving up, I WILL lose this pesky 4lbs! :D

E/E

Breakfast: mixed berries and banana with f/f natural yogurt. w/m toast with marmalade (1 syn)

Lunch: same as yesterday - 2 x eat smart sausages (1 syn) with rice, onions, mushrooms, pepper and worcester sauce. w/w lemon & lime yogurt.

Dinner: Carvery - roast beef, turkey & gammon, carrots, leeks, cauliflower, peas. w/w strawberry yogurt.

Snacks: carrot and cucumber sticks, pear.

Syns: slice of celebration chocolate cake brought into work by one of the girls (very scrummy!)13, marmalade 1, sausages 1. Total = 15 syns

Hi suzyflo, seems like we are both stuck. I'm very happy to be at my target but I do think I can get lower. I have looked back at the sw magazines and the one thing that is very noticeable is the massive variation in foods, every day the breakfast is different, as are all the meals. I tend to have the same breakfast because I like it and its east to take to work. Plus I do a batch cook and have quorn for lunch 2 or 3 days. I wonder if religiously changing would make a difference? What do you think? Maybe I'm but eating enough fruit too.

Hi Quins, you have a good point there, I tend to eat the same things over and over, especially for work as, like you, I find it easier. It might help to have regular menu changes, just to keep our bodies/metabolism on their toes! That said, it is lot more cost effective to batch cook, perhaps we can still do that but find some room in our freezers to store things for another day? I have often thought about following a 7 day menu plan from the magazines, just haven't got round to it. Re the fruit, I eat LOADS of fruit at work, I have been known to eat a full punnet of plums and grapes, plus apples and pears and a banana (as well as breakfast and lunch!) I guess all the natural sugars add up so I thought I'd try and cut down on it a bit. I think I need to get myself motivated and do some exercise too...I've not done any lately whereas last year I was running 5k several times a week...it's just that it's been so so cold! if you feel like you could lose some more..go for it, we CAN do this :D

E/E

Hexa: cheese
Hexb: porridge

Breakfast: porridge with sliced banana and blueberries.

Lunch: Ham salad - ham, mixed salad leaves, 2x boiled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms & 28g grated cheese. w/w pink grapefruit yogurt.

Dinner: chicken breast wrapped in bacon, mashed potato, carrots, green beans and cauliflower. Scan bran chocolate cake with low fat custard (5 syns)

Snacks: plum, melon, apple

Syns: wine 6, cake & custard 5, chocolate 3.5. Total = 14.5

E/E

Breakfast: sultana & apple bran with sliced banana, strawberries and blueberries. 1 slice w/m toast with marmalade (1/2 syn)

Lunch: beans on 1 slice w/m toast. pear, apple, plum.

Dinner. S/W bacon, mushroom & onion quiche with mixed salad leaves,cherry tomatoes, cucumber & grated carrot. w/w raspberry yogurt.

Snacks: scan bran chocolate cake (2 syns), grapes.

Syns: marmalade 0.5, s/b cake 2, hot chocolate drink 2, chocolate 3.5. Total = 8

Aw pants!! The hardest part of this extra easy mullarkey is trying to remember I can only have 1 hexb...I already had 2x weetabix for breakfast & I've gone and had 2 x slices of w/m toast with my lunch..dammit. I'll have to syn one - so that will be 6 syns for the bread..could have used them for something nicer, never mind, I'll try and be better at remembering. :)

Back