Suzyflo's food diary....back on the wagon, target reached, now I need to stay there!!

suzyflo

Proud to be a loser!!
Right, I need to sort myself out, I have decided to keep a food diary and see if it helps. I do red and green, mostly green (I've never quite grasped the ee idea, I'm too set in the old school ways) and have up to 15 syns per day. I have 11lbs to lose to get back to target, I want to achieve this. It may help if I cut down the number of syns...I'll have a think about that!
I'll post my food starting tomorrow.

Wish me luck!! :D

Last edited:
Ok, here we go..I started off this morning feeling really positive. I've had 42g of crunchy bran (hexb) topped with sliced banana and blueberries and using milk from my hexa allowance, for lunch I've had a ham sandwich made with wholemeal bread (hexb) and a strawberry muller light, so far so good, then I suddenly remembered, it's 6th December and I am going out for a christmas meal tonight..eek! It's a three courser so I can't begin to calculate how many syns I'll be having, safe to say it will definitely be over 15!! Think I will try not to worry about it too much and just look forward to having a good night and start again tomorrow :)

Hopefully didn't do too much damage yesterday, new day today & feeling positive :)

Green day.

Hexa - milk

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (hexb)

Lunch - egg on wholemeal toast (hexb)
melon

Snack - apple

Dinner - Syn free quorn curry with rice
Activia 0% yogurt

Syns - crisps 5, small piece of dark chocolate 3.5

Green day

Hexa - milk

Breakfast- 28g honey nut shreddies with blueberries, sliced banana and natural yoghurt

Lunch - rice with mushrooms, onions, peas, garlic and soy sauce
blueberry activia 0% yoghurt

Dinner - fried egg sandwich, cherry 0% activia yoghurt

Snacks - 2 plums, 2 apples, melon

Syns - scraping of olive spread 1
whisky and diet pepsi 4
chocolate 3.5

Last edited:
Not quite sure what kind of day I've had today, was neutral up until lunchtime then this afternoon I've been to a kiddies party and had a good pick at the buffet! Think I need to write this afternoon off as syns, won't be having anything more today though.

hexa - milk

breakfast - crunchy bran with sliced banana and blueberries

lunch - egg sandwiches made with wholemeal bread, bag of crisps. 0% activia.

snacks - plum, satsuma.

teatime ...lots of party food, quiche, corned beef pie, birthday cake, spring rolls, garlic bread, cocktail sausages - on the plus side, carrot sticks, cucumber, pickled onions.
well and truly gone over my syn allocation today, good job I didn't use them all the over last couple of days!

Last edited:
Green day

Hexa - milk

Breakfast - crunchy bran, banana & blueberries

Lunch - Quorn curry with rice, 0% activia, plum

Dinner - s/w actifry chips and fried egg (in frylight) & wholemeal bread, melon

Snacks - 2 x apples, plum, satsuma

Syns - red wine 6, chocolate 3.5, jam tart 5.5

Green day

Hexa - milk, babybel light

Breakfast - porridge with blueberries

Lunch - egg sandwich (w/m bread hexb)

Dinner - Quorn curry & rice, 0% activia

Syns - 2 x whisky & diet coke 8, celebrations 6

weigh-in tomorrow, fingers crossed for good news!

Last edited:
Got weighed today and I'm very pleased to say I've lost 3lb!!.. :woohoo: Looks like I've got away with my my overeats on Tuesday night out and kids party Friday (phew). Hopefully they won't catch up with me next week! Will have to be good. The only thing I can think of that's in my way this week is on Thursday when we're having christmas lunch at work, shouldn't be too bad though as the portions are usually not too big.

Red day

Hexa - milk

Breakfast - crunchy bran with sliced banana

Lunch - tuna and cucumber sandwich on wholemeal bread, grapes

Dinner - gammon and egg with carrots, cauliflower and broccoli

Snacks - 0% activia, apple, satsuma

Syns - small mince pie 6, 2 x celebrations 4, whisky & diet coke 4

Green Day

Hexa - Milk, cheese

Breakfast - porridge, banana, apple

Lunch - super speed soup, slice wholemeal bread, 0% activia

Dinner - s/w chips made in the actifry with melted cheese (hexa as above) on the top, slice wholemeal bread.

Snacks - grapes, satsuma, melon

Syns - wine 6, celebration 2

It's only just dawned on me, anyone looking at this food diary will think the only drinks I have are alcoholic ones!! :party0036: I haven't been making a note of my non-alcoholic drinks - daily I have about 4-5 cups of coffee (made with hexa milk allowance), I also have the occasional no added sugar squash drink and/or diet coke/pepsi, diet lemonade. When I'm at work (3 on 3 off shift pattern) I have about 7-8 glasses of water (plus coffees).

Green Day

Hexa - Milk, babybel light

Breakfast - crunchy bran, sliced banana & blueberries

Lunch - Quorn curry and rice, 0% activia

Dinner - Quorn sausages, mash & gravy made with oxo cube.

Snacks - 2 x apples

Syns - 2 x celebrations 4, quorn "best ever" sausages 4, wine 6, titchy piece of fruit cake 2 :( oops, over by 1 today, that so wouldn't have happened with the old style quorn sausages!

Started off ok on a red day

Hexa - milk

Breakfast - porridge, blueberries

Then it was Christmas lunch at work - turkey, pig in blanket (only the one - how mean!), sprouts, carrots, swede, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy - followed by Christmas pudding and brandy sauce - followed by mince pie and coffee and to top it all I've also had 2x celebrations and a thorntons chocolate.....I think I can safely say I have used all of todays syns and then some!! :party0051:

Dinner - didn't bother, too full from lunch!

Snacks - apple, satsuma

Last edited:
Back on track today :angel09: lets hope there wasn't too much damage done yesterday.

Green day

hexa: milk, cheese

breakfast: porridge with blueberries and sliced banana

lunch: super speed soup, 0% activia

dinner: quorn chilli topped with cheese (see hexa, 0% activia

snacks: apple, satsuma

syns: wine 6, 2x celebrations 4 crisps 5

Green Day

hexa - milk

Breakfast - crunchy bran with sliced bananas and blueberries

Lunch - super speed soup, slice of w/m bread, 0% activia

Dinner - deja vous! - super speed soup (I had some left and as I have no room in the freezer, it needed using) had it with with w/m bread (again) but to make it a bit different from lunch, I toasted the bread - how's about that then guys and gal's! Actually it didn't seem that different after all - just crunchier!, plum, satsuma.

Snacks - apple

Syns - celebration 2, whisky & diet pepsi 4

Back