SW are crazy.....

I go back further than most! I remember when corned beef was free :rolleyes: I love corned beef!

Great new avatar by the way Rosie!

Oh yes, corned beef quiche. My mum used to make that for me, thought it was awful. Used to call corned beef smashed monkey, yuck yuck!

I can't believe this either. I have just copied this off the SW website for the menu planner for a week:

menu-green-day2.gif
Full English:
Help yourself to a huge bowl of refreshing orange and grapefruit segments whilst preparing yourself a breakfast for a king – Surprisingly Succulent Quorn sausages, a mountain of scrambled eggs, grilled tomato wedges, big flat mushrooms fried in Fry Light or button mushrooms poached in tinned tomatoes and 1 slice toast from a thick-cut 800g loaf to soak it all up with!

Pasta Quiche:
Serve up a slice of pasta quiche (scroll down for recipe) with a generous helping of cheesy potato salad, made by mixing cooked new potatoes, chopped chives, chopped spring onion, 28g grated Cheddar cheese and very low-fat fromage frais. Pile lettuce, sliced tomato and cucumber onto the plate for variety and crunch.

Eggs, chips (yes, chips!) and mushy peas:
Make up a big batch of Free Slimming World chips (scroll down for recipe) and smother them in lovely mushy peas, then dip into the yummy, runny yolks of eggs fried in Fry Light. Finish off with a bunch of red or white grapes.

breakfast
lunch
dinner

snacksSnacks:- wherever, whenever and however much you like!

Juicy cherries, rice salad made by mixing cooked brown rice with virtually fat-free cottage cheese and any chopped crunchy Superfree veg.

RECIPE - Pasta quiche
  1. Mix together 3 eggs, 150g very low fat natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley.
  2. Make up a packet of Batchelors Tomato, Onion & Herb Pasta ‘n’ Sauce.
  3. Lay some chopped peppers, mushrooms and sweetcorn (or other Superfree veggies of your choice) in an oven-proof flan dish then pour over the Pasta ’n’ Sauce and cottage cheese mixtures.
  4. Pop in the oven at 190ºC/Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.
Here is the link: Free Trial Menu - 7 Days of Slimming Success! - Slimming World

we had the debate about the sw doritos while back and at the time I asked about the quiche as they said no to doritos as you were using as snack and I said sometimes I have slice of quiche as snack but told that was ok as I wouldn't eat heaps as you would with the doritos as for a meal of lasagne you would not eat 6 sheets at once but with the crisps you would. I am making quiche again this week for lunches at work as it is very handy and I will continue to use it as it has done me no harm it's the wine at weekend that does it for me lol.

Oh for crying out loud. I remember when ALL mince, including the crappy packet stuff in the freezer that's made of bums and lips was free.

Ditto tins of heinz mac and cheese, campbell's meatballs, corned beef, John West Stewed Steak... I could go on!

They need to stop moving the goalposts or reassess what they mean by 'free'

I can understand tins etc changing - as companies "improve" their recipes (if it ain't broke and all that). I used to love a jacket spud with tinned macaroni cheese! But making up pasta & sauce and using it in a quiche - well, I don't see the difference between that and doing a pasta bake. B******s to SW I say

Ive just had a quick look in the Four seasons cookbook, and one recipe says to use 9 oz fine polenta to make the chilli corn bread,
now im sure that would be using it as flour, but its syn free!!!:crazy:
Think they've lost the plot now :asskick:
Ill still be making the quiche thing. xx

Ive just had a quick look in the Four seasons cookbook, and one recipe says to use 9 oz fine polenta to make the chilli corn bread,
now im sure that would be using it as flour, but its syn free!!!:crazy:
Think they've lost the plot now :asskick:
Ill still be making the quiche thing. xx

Hmm.

I think we should right and complain, on one hand i want clarification, but im quite happy not knowing LOL

What I say is,if it ain't broken don't fix it ! I beleive their is to be big changes in the New Year also my CM was saying.

Diane

I remember when corned beef was free. Blimey I used to love corned beef quiche. Lived on it for ages.

I wonder if the pasta sauce thing might not be free as it's possibly more 'tasty' in a quiche and so you could end up eating too much of it and stall weight?

I dont get cous cous cake, as that IS what cous cous is used for!

Also anyone looked on teh fb sw consultant site, someone has let slip about changes being brought in about all plans being 3 meals a day, and snacks are to only be super-free foods!

whaaaattt???!!! I'll be NOT doing that! Might as well be doing WW core plan!

Hi, can you tell me how to make the Pasta and sauce quiche please?

You don't wanna know, you really don't!!

Girls (and boy) just to let you know my consultant was told this little pearl of wisdom at one of the SW conference type thingys they have to go to periodically.
Now, I'm a HUGE advocate of SW but this is just crazy.

I can honestly see pasta in sauce not being a free food before long, but that's my opinion though!!

Silly SW!:mad:

I was led to believe that they will be phasing out Red & Green and the Extra Easy will be their main plan. Will not be happy if they start the 3 meals a day faff. I like being able to eat when I like and how much I like.

xx

Back