SW booklet with Saturday Daily Mirror

Do what I just did, been to get the paper and when i flicked through and saw it was just a 23 page pamphlet (if thats how you spell it) I just took that to the till and said that whoever took the paper before emptied all the leaflets out so could I just take the SW book and not buy the paper. He wasn't at all bothered so i got it for freeeeee! Ha ha Every penny counts! :)

Sorry but imo that is just wrong. So the person that comes along after you and buys the paper because they want the booklet doesn't get one because you stole it? :sigh:

This morning, I went to the newsagent and there was SW stuff in the Daily Mirror and WW in Daily Mail. I had a look through the booklet and the list of what is going to be featured over 4 days. Each issue is 70p so over 4 days works out £2.80. I think that it is more advantageous joing SW group with a coupon. That means you pay £4.95 and get all the books which are much more superior than the booklets in the newspaper.
Personally I am quite happy with the books I have from a couple of years ago and all the help I get from lovely people on here.

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic. Okay the papers might cost £2.80 but the voucher you get saves you nearly £10 in joining fee that you would otherwise have to pay on top of the £4.95 class fee :)

Sorry but imo that is just wrong. So the person that comes along after you and buys the paper because they want the booklet doesn't get one because you stole it? :sigh:

No, you read it wrong, the lady before me did ACTUALLY empty everything out of the paper she took. I was going to buy a paper, had one in my hand, but when i noticed she had left the one from hers, that is the one I took to the till. Before you ask, i know it was from her paper cos I saw her emptying them out!
And I suppose you could argue that either way it wouldn't be stealing as I asked a member of staff if I could take it.

I realise from re-read my original post that I missed some bits out (should have read that I just picked up one that had been left and took that to the till) , thats what happens when you are typing on your phone, cooking and trying to stop 3 pups from eating your bare feet! Oops!

Can anyone tell me what are in the booklets? For example any recipes? Just wondering if it's worth getting or it's just stuff I can already find in my book or online! Xxx

Sorry I still disagree, going by the info provided at the time it was obtained under false pretences and it still meant someone else would have got a paper without the booklets they have paid for.

Obviously that info has now changed :)

No, the person who bought the paper emptied everything out (leaflets, booklet, etc.) because they DIDN'T WANT IT. Spookess was going to buy a paper (had one in her hand to go to the till with), then saw that there were all these leaflets just lying around and asked a member of staff if she could have the booklet. The member of staff said yes.

Can't see how that's stealing, if I'm honest.

I got it and it's pretty crap. Doesn't explain HEX's very well, the list of SF foods isn't very detailed. Plus the 25% off was just for books and you can buy them for not much off ebay anyway if you try hard enough. The recipe's were pretty standard- you'd get better recipe's from here! Not worth the other £2.10 IMO.

I did think of getting it, but then I couldn't bring myself actually to buy a copy of the Daily Mirror!! Glad to hear I don't seem to have missed much.

Back