SW fan considering WW!

NN89

Sexy Member
Hi guys, i did slimming world in 2009 and lost around 24lbs, i gained a bit back between september-january due to work, stress and unable to go to classes and went back 2weeks ago, and i've just not felt i've 'slotted' in again, I need a change! I gained 0.5lb in my first week, and don't think much has come off this week neither!

If tomorrow is a let down, i'll definately consider going to a WW class this week and try the diet, something different! Just wondering how does it work, I understand you count points? Do you ever feel hungry, unsatisfied? What about treats?

its awesome, you're given a points target base don height, weight , gender etc and u can eat ANYTHING aslon as its with in your points. majority of vegetables are 0points as its 0% fat free greek yoghurt. and you fill up on those things, or bulk up meals with veg etc. i love it, i've been doing it for four weeks and lost 12lbs

its awesome, you're given a points target base don height, weight , gender etc and u can eat ANYTHING aslon as its with in your points. majority of vegetables are 0points as its 0% fat free greek yoghurt. and you fill up on those things, or bulk up meals with veg etc. i love it, i've been doing it for four weeks and lost 12lbs

wow! I've found with slimming world, even when i wasn't doing classes i was still eating the free foods, counting healthy extras, syns etc in my head, not to the book so in a way i've been doing this goddamn diet since april! I'm wondering maybe this slow weightloss is due to my body simply being 'used' to it?

If tomorrow doesn't going to plan i've decided to get myself a monthly pass and go to a meeting wednesday evening and give it a go!

nah i dont think you can get used to it but i do think small things that you think " oh i wont point" do add up. also weight loss is averaged around 1-2lbs per week

I'm wondering maybe this slow weightloss is due to my body simply being 'used' to it?

It can, especially if youre eating the same thing a lot. Sometimes a change can be just what you need to kick start your metabolism. Even if you dont stick with WW then a change for a while might get you moving again :)

It can, especially if youre eating the same thing a lot. Sometimes a change can be just what you need to kick start your metabolism. Even if you dont stick with WW then a change for a while might get you moving again :)

I hope so! I have been eating the same stuff, since around may, same meals and recipes etc, even when not dieting, maybe if tomorrow doesn't show a loss this could be why

if you do start weight watchers, i have a word doc with 100 ww recipes and a basic points guide and tracker sheet i can email you to startu off.

I moved from SW to WW and I have found it really easy to follow :)
I felt that I was too much in an "all you can eat" frame of mind with SW and that it was all too easy for me to have Flexi-syn days..! But with WW I manage to have not-so-good food days [take yesterdays KFC bucket for example... oops] and still stay on target.!

I won't deny that I found the first week to ten days strange at first. From eating as much pasta as I wanted, to having a portion that was enough but not too much, but it really did not take long to get used to normal portion sizes, and now, I dont think I could eat as much as I used to, tbh!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!! :)

oooo another question, you mention portions? I don't want to be spending all my time measuring things out etc, is it always like this, can it be complicated?

or with spaghetti get a measurer... ya know those circles u shove it through. a "standard" portion (80g dried weight) of spag/pasta is 4pt

I have a plastic tumbler thing which has lines up the side, its one of those ones with a clippy on lid? I weighed out pasta/rice etc in there the first couple of times, so I know where it comes to, to get portion sizes. :) easier than dragging the scales out all the time!!

I found this thread really useful. I too am thinking of defecting from sw. Have done both plans in the past and I know they both work, BUT sw doesnt do me any good with recognising portion control. Its all well and good saying eat until you are satisfied but if I knew how to do this I wouldnt be so fat! Am so used to overeating I wouldnt recognise a 'normal' portion size if it slapped me around the face twice.

I will sleep on it tonight and if I still feel the same tomorrow will rejoin ww and give it my best shot. I really dont fancy counting points but feel this may be the only way I will learn how much to eat and maintain it for life.

I have just changed over from SW to WW .... this is my first week on Discovery - doing points.

I never had the books long enough to check out everything to make sure I had the correct things in the house ....

But I've been on WW since Thursday and am finding it completely different from SW. I have been hungry and been thinking about food all the time. Not being able to grab a piece of fruit hs been a struggle for me and I haven't had my 5 a day because of it.

Weigh in on Wednesday will be the proof - or not - but if its not a good loss, I want to be back on SW!!!!

I have been weighing and measuring all week and it has 'done my head in' but I think once I get the weights and measures in my head, it will be easier.

ONE benefit - is that I have been able to have Cheese on Toast (I was on Extra Easy on SW ... so not able to have cheese and it was one thing I missed!! But my cheese on toast was 'proper' nice bread from a medium large wholemeal loaf and 50g low fat cheddar with sliced tomatoes underneath - and boy did that taste good!!!!

Sorry its long - but thought you might be interested in my point of view as a recent changeover.

i do always think sw sounds sooooo tempting as i loooooovvvveeee pasta but i have got into the zone of ww now so im not inclined to switch although i have all the info and syns list etc.

oooo another question, you mention portions? I don't want to be spending all my time measuring things out etc, is it always like this, can it be complicated?

You should get the hang of it quite quickly - like I have weighed pasta out a lot and I have figured out that exactly 2 handfuls is one portion (small hands?!) so it gets lots easier. You soon become good at judging things by 'the eye' and it doesn't take long to get into a routine.

I hope your weigh in is kind!!! I love ww and its the only diet i would ever do because i dont see it as a diet. I plan on sticking to it for life. I enjoy counting the points an knowing the points of things. I think slimming world doesnt encourage portion control and is restrictive in what you can have. At least on ww you can haev anything you want, and counting points is no big deal, its not hard. Best of luck on whateva plan you choose!

slimming world looks tempting when it says u can have as much lean beef or pasta as u want though.... i can definitely see the appeal

You can have as much lean beef as you want, means you eat till full, i dont think many of us could do that ebfore or as said we wouldnt be here. You can have as much meat/pasta etc but you cant have choc or chinese takeaway etc. I think you would soon get bored of having that much meat etc. Maybe its just me but i couldjt give up the sweet treats and i dont like meat or pasta much, so ww is deff for me. and i have massive portions as it is!!! hehe

Back