SW Food Diary - bikini body

Anyone fancy working my syns out roughly?

Tea: pigeon breast with watercress and blood orange, chorizo prawn and mussel linguine in tomato chilli sauce. 1 standard wine, 1 large and 4 single vodkas, 1 sambuca and a slice of toast with margarine light.

My guesstimate is... I thought maybe 40 syns??

Sounds delicious and about right. I'd be tempted to just carry on, you've not used your syns this week anyway?

Nope not used my full 105 no where near so going to maybe have a couple of syns tonight too. :)

Really frustrated this morning.

I'm weighing 1lb heavier this morning, which is also 2lb heavier than I last weighed in at sw, really annoyed and fed up with it all.

Especially as it seems the more I exercise the more weight I put on. I am feeling a little bloated to be honest so hoping lots of water and green tea today will help.

I was going to go to meeting tomorrow for the last time as running isn't on. But now I'm unsure on what to do. Fed up!!

Think I said to you when I restarted running I messed around with about 2lb for around 6 weeks and then dropped 6lbs in a week. (I've since plateaued but that was from not being on plan!)

Your body retains water after a hard exercise session - didn't you run yesterday?

It is really really annoying though. My body seems to have stopped doing this now as usually run on a Sunday and now wi on a Monday. Sorry you're disheartened.

Also, you must be really close to target. Could you need to up it very slightly to take account of your muscle?

Morning Jens,

Sorry to hear that the scales are up :( it's crap isn't it. We spend our journey worrying about what the scales say, but to be honest you need to remember that it's about inch loss as well. How are youn feeling? Fitters and more toned form your running? :) If your clothes are feeling loser then I bet you've lost a good few inches rather than pounds.

Did you ever measure yourself?

I am a lot happier with how I look, and I probably have lost inches. I've not measured in a while, I usually just go off my clothes and everything is a little bigger.

But, it's frustrating when you get on the scales and the numbers keep on going up. I have done more miles this week which probably hasn't helped. But there must be something I can do to lose weight, along side running etc.

I really wanted to be at 9st 7lb for holiday, my overall goal is 8st 7lb but I think I'll probably up that to 9st 0lb.
At the moment I have tomorrow and next weeks weigh-in to holiday and my naked weigh-in this morning was 9st 10.5lb, which add clothes and food over the day...?!? And I'll be no where near to target.

Done nothing different foodwise. Drank less alcohol overall. That's about it.

I'm going to group tomorrow as it'll probably be my last time at this particular one. I may head to another one after holidays on a different day. I have a run planned for tonight, but it's interval running to try and improve my speed. It's supposed to help with weight loss as well. So fingers crossed some of that will give me a boost.

image-951414587.jpg

You can tell from my face I've lost inches, should have measured my head lol

Jenniecakes I agree you look lovely!

Those numbers do sound entirely reasonable ;) Maybe someone at running club might have ideas about eating for running. Your diary looked perfect to me. There's the old theory about eating a little more?

I agree about the dangers of scales and going by how you're feeling and measurements. I've actually come to sw from intuitive eating which is about avoiding diets and eating what feels good in your body.

Thankyou.

Yeah, I'll ask about, going to have a search on the internet as well, see what seems to work for people.

Thanks, really going to need it. I'm really disappointed with the scales at the moment. I know that fitting in to my clothes and inch loss is a big part of slimming world too. But when I'm going to meetings to get weighed and to lose weight, it is really, really frustrating.

I'm not sure really what else I can do slimming world wise. So I'll have a chat with my consultant tonight and see if she can suggest anything this week. Next week I'm looking at trying a new meeting on a Wednesday evening at 7pm. It's closer to home, and a bit more of a convenient day for me.

Aww Jennie, sorry to hear about the scales. I think it just happens every now and again. Our bodies just get into a little huff and don't want to lose weight. I hovered around 9 st - 9 st 4 lb for about 2 months at one stage, maintaining or losing and gaining the same few pounds. Stick with it, try a few different things and if it doesn't work then you could try something else. The fast days worked for me :)

You look absolutely fabulous in that photograph though - you can really notice a big difference!! xxx

Food Diary

Think I'm feeling a little off today. Quite light headed, even though I've eaten quite a bit already.

B: Weetabix, skimmed milk, strawberries and blueberries. Half a grapefruit.

S: Nectarine, apple and mullerlight.

L: Tuna salad. Pineapple and kiwi. Mugshot (Will get this in a bit, feels like I need a bit of stodge in me)

T: Jacket potato and chilli/beans undecided.

2lb gain, not feeling it all tonight. Just frustrated and annoyed.
6 syns so far today, still a few to treat myself with, but decided to start my syns this morning to stop myself from having a binge tonight.
Instead I drove to my mums, asked her to cook my jacket potatoes whilst I went and ran off some steam.
Hopefully in a better mood tomorrow.

She didn't have much to say apart from go back to basics, which frustrated me even more when I'm already doing the basics. But hey ho, see how it goes.

Bit controversial but are you having enough fat in your diet? The weeks I lost most weight i'd had more green days with plenty of cheese. Since our bodies are working really hard with running I think they may need more healthy fats.

Back