SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

New dawn I stayed the same and I was gutted! First week back on plan in 4 weeks, I went down a notch on my belt even! I felt fab and was so looking forward to weigh in- thought it was going to be a nice reward for going cold turkey and nothing, not a measly half even!
So don't worry your not alone!
I weigh in 2 weeks (hubbys shifts so no babysitter) so I'd better lose! Set a 3lb mini target and consultant said not too as it was a but high for me.

I've been invited out for drinks with some people from my group - everyone was so keen, then I remembered that I am on a dryathlon haha! I will drive there and drink...water, as its the only free drink :/ Maybe I'll save my syns for the day and treat myself to some chocolate or something naughty afterwards to make myself feel good :)

sounds like we're all doing well on the drink front...the weight loss will catch up. I found when I went out drinking there wasn't an awful lot of difference to the weeks when I didn't - I think most of the weight damage is done with eating rubbish when drunk/after drunk, which I don't do..if anything I lose my appetite when I got a hangover so a day or half of no calories probs makes up some of the liquid damage the night before. I must say, I am quite enjoying being sober; its nice waking up coherent every day and not sweating rum at night is nice!! i am looking forward to my birthday in mid feb, I'll be doing lots of drinking as I have a week off and the only responsible thing I have to do is drive to Scotland and back, which leaves pleanty of time to drink in between :) after this month though, and hopefully losing more weight in Jan, I might find my level of drinking has changed. I certainly felt different about it over xmas and new year, and hardly drank except for one night where I drank to excess..usually its for 10 days on the trot :) change is happening, or maybe I'm growing up a bit!

God dam it I've hit the wall today I think!

Rubbish day at work and for the first time I started to visualise having a lush bath with an even lusher glass of red and them boom, I remembered! What a downer!

Sure is, it's all about habits, ones that I want rid of!

Spoke to hubby last night about how the 1st feb is a fi meaning I could have a drink but what I really would like is to only drink when I really want to, not just because its fri, does that make sense?

Totally agree - I'm sooooo scared that I'll go back to the old habit of 'its the weekend so I'll have a drink'. I'm not missing it that much (although I did decide last night that I'm more boring without it :D).

Sure is, it's all about habits, ones that I want rid of!

Spoke to hubby last night about how the 1st feb is a fi meaning I could have a drink but what I really would like is to only drink when I really want to, not just because its fri, does that make sense?

Totally agree - I'm sooooo scared that I'll go back to the old habit of 'its the weekend so I'll have a drink'. I'm not missing it that much (although I did decide last night that I'm more boring without it :D).

Totally with you on this one girls. I was out last night for a family get together and I drank mineral water :angel09:
The family couldn't believe it........they taunted me all night that come February I will be on a bender!!!! :confused:

I now realise that I drank too much....and when I return back to drinking I need to manage this better.

But ladies we are doing fabulous and nearly 14 days in :D

I have an even worse problem - I work shifts (24 hours, 365 days a week) so have very weird shift patterns...sometimes at work for 4 days (sleeping on shift obv!) and sometimes on earlies, lates, sleeps etc. Whenever I am 'released' from work when I've had a long one I go home and drink, because I can. weekend ain't too much of a problem as I generally work them, but when I have something planned I drink waaaay too much. i am surrounded by alcohol as I tend to drink at home as my freinds up here are skint and not 'pub' people which is good in a way but really bad...as your limited by your wallet at the pub :(

I used to go teetotal for a few months every year, wen I was at uni so I'm sure if I did it then, i can do it now :)

We are all doing so well!

Hubby's cooking risotto for tea, usually at least a glass of wine goes in and I said no way!

I hope next weekends not as hard as this one, think last weekend was easy as it was fresh but now I'm counting down the days, what for I don't know as I honestly do want to change my drinking habits long term, perhaps one month isn't long enough for me!

I may be missing a glass of red, but at least its showing on the scales - 3lbs off this week (although I didn't go back on plan until last Monday so its probably just Xmas excess coming off again!)

I'm not jealous at all - not!

I stayed the same at class but I keep an eye on my weight at home and mine say I've gained 2 since weds!
Could it be a change in syns or total shock!

Really fancied some red wine this weekend but determined to do January Nd see if the scales change! Contemplating feb too but will take that when it comes ;)

It has been easier this weekend......although still waiting for the fabulous benefits of not drinking.....sleeping is still iffy and my face is dry and itchy....so I have upped my water intake and reduced the amount of tea and coffee I was drinking. I still think my body has gone into shock and holding on to the fat :cool:

I am hoping to be 10lbs lighter (or there abouts) by the end of the month :sigh:

What a right off! I wanted so badly for this challenge to help shift some lbs but now I can see that I'm actually eating more.

I have had a bad head all day and just felt miserable, so how ave I cheered myself up - full roast with cauliflower cheese and real gravy, I'm not even sorry!
I will tomorrow though. Seriously though I've realised my errors and need to address the extra eating and try for more sensible options.
So glad I have you all to talk too!

I feel your pain Lucylu :cry:lol

What a right off! I wanted so badly for this challenge to help shift some lbs but now I can see that I'm actually eating more.

I have had a bad head all day and just felt miserable, so how ave I cheered myself up - full roast with cauliflower cheese and real gravy, I'm not even sorry!
I will tomorrow though. Seriously though I've realised my errors and need to address the extra eating and try for more sensible options.
So glad I have you all to talk too!

Aw bless ya! I've found when I'm at home in the evenings and would usually drink...I'm now snacking BUT I realised this pretty quick and now have free/superfree food all day with no syns then save myself 5 syns for the evening for a treat. Will see how this turns out on the scales!

Pick yourself up and move on - you have now uncovered another trigger for bad eating! So at least you know for next time...and you've still done something amazing by not drinking all month :)

Thanks for that, had less than 5 syns today so feeling more positive, now if I could just shift this headache! Had it since sun morning on and off, can't be right surely!

Hi,

I'm brand new to this site! Can I join your Dryathon support thread pretty please? I know its half way though but I promise (cross my heart hope to die) I have not touched a drop since about 2am New Years Eve/New Years Day but as I understand it didnt start til 9am which is handy.

I've sent out my ''please sponsor me'' texts and facebook on Saturday and have raised £22 so far. I dont expect to get much more to be honest.

FYI - if you like beer, Alcohol Freee Becks is just as good as the real thing!

Back