SW Solo - time to look after me

Cai said:
You did well in Pizza Hut!
I used to love going there and was disgusted at the amount of syns in 1 slice of pizza!! Not had it since!...although it is good ! LOL. My prob would be stopping at 1 slice! I would need at least 3!
Well done again! x

Stop at 3?? I'd have eaten the whole pizza! The 2 ladies next to me had salad (with a lot of Mayo) some very cheesy garlic bread and a massive pizza each. I'll bet that that would constitute more than a days calories in one meal. When you're on a diet you tend to really notice these things don't you, but it's so easily done.

blossums said:
It sounds like you defo made the right choice for dinner - frightens me how many cals are in italian food! And well done on having such a small "pigout" too :)

Thanks Blossums, the saboteur inside my head was really trying to justify a 'proper' pigout. I don't even want to think about what I could have eaten! :) x

I have to say if we're facing an obesity crisis in this country, restaurants and food manufacturers have got a lot to answer for. It's really tough to make healthy choices when you're out and about.

You are soooo right about that! I'm starting to think that I should try and plan a packed lunch or at least some snacks for when I'm out and about, it is really not easy to find something healthy or with a reasonale amount of calories! I really hope restaurents will start to list how many cals are in their meals and that

And I know just what you mean about that saboteur, he's talking to me all the bleeding time too, gets on my nerves!!

All the best luv, hope you have a good week

Sunday - had the usual breakfast then held out of a late roast dinner - lovely!
Chicken, fry light roast potatoes and roast parsnips, cabbage, carrots, a bit of gravy (so a few syns) and a glass of red wine.
Fruit and a yoghurt for pudding.
Packet of ryvita minis later, and the leftover parsnips cold :)

Can't believe it's Tuesday already.

Mondays food:
Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with ff yoghurt.
Apple mid-morning.
Working all day and lost track of time. By the time I stopped for food it wasn't long until the girls would be home from school so I had a fruit salad for 'lunch' to keep me going.
For supper I had a Tuna steak seasoned with Cajun spice, courgette and roasted sweet potato 'chips'. Really lovely.
Ryvita minis (HEB) and cottage cheese for my evening snack with a G&T. (4 syns I think)

Today so far I have had berries and yoghurt for late breakfast - after I'd dropped off at school a friend phoned and we went for an hour's walk along the river, a great way to start the day. Planning to do this regularly, or at least try and set aside some time every morning for exercise.

Waiting in for a delivery today for work, then my mum's coming to stay for a few days - will cook healthily for us both and see how we get on. She will usually munch all the children's crisps when she's here, but I haven't been buying any, so not sure what she'll be munching this time! I'm predicting that the bread and butter will disappear...

Just had a leftovers lunch:
Chicken breast, cabbage, carrots, sweet potato chips, stir fried with some thai spice and an egg (I know, a bit random the egg, and wasn't really worth putting in).
Tasted alright, filled a hole, made some room in the fridge.
Muller light for pud, and a coffee to keep me awake for the rest of the afternoon. :)

Had a fruit salad in the afternoon to keep me going.

Mum arrived yesterday and I'd had a veggie curry slow cooking all afternoon. We went out to the cinema last night and had the curry when we came home. It tasted good - Pumpkin, cauliflower, onion, passata, a curry oxo and some curry powder.

Had a G&T in the evening, but no snacks, so a pretty good day for me.

But the BEST news is that it's weigh in day today, and I've lost 3lbs!!

Which takes me below the 200lb mark, and only 3 more lbs and I'm into the 13 stone's :D

Weds:
b: fruit and yoghurt
l: pumpkin soup, yoghurt
snacks: turkey ham, apple
t: jacket potato, quorn sausage and cottage cheese, yoghurt

Thursday
Breakfast: bacon, egg, beans
Snack: Plum
Lunch: veggie curry and sweet potato chips, yoghurt
Snack: Apple
Dinner - undecided, off to the shops now.

Very excited as I'm off to the South of France for the weekend tomorrow, but I'm guessing that the diet will be well and truly BLOWN.

I'll try to be good but I don't want to make a huge point of it as I'm going with a bunch of thin girlfriends :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link, is interesting especially this bit as have been worried bout that

Some, incorrectly, attribute this to the body getting used to having less food and metabolism slowing down. The dieter then feels that the regime is no longer working and often gives up altogether.

Well done on losing 3lbs! And have a great w/e
x

Oh dear, back from France, the land of wine, cheese and cream. Not overly optimistic for Wednesday's wi, but I'm definitely not going to take a sneak peek as that will demoralise me.

Onwards!

Haven't posted for a couple of days as work has been so busy.

I've been good on the diet this week, but this morning's wi reflected the weekend in France and I'm +1.

Never mind, I'll stick with it and hopefully that 1lb will be gone next week.

Sticking with it, but not very closely. Not feeling optimistic about wi, felt hungry a lot and although I'm avoiding the 'bad' stuff, I'm not writing things down so not 100% certain what I've had is OK.

So starting again with the food diary today to help keep me on track.

Breakfast: cherries, strawberries, banana and ff plain yoghurt.

On the plus side, I've booked my holiday to St. Lucia next year, so something to look forward to, even if it is nearly a year away!

Hope you had a good time in France, they have such lovely food i wouldn't want to be on a diet there!

And sounds good that you're writing everything down again
Hope you have a good week
x

Thanks blossums - great food and too much wine with the girls in France!

Lunch: pork chop, cous cous, salad, fat free dressing. Fat free yoghurt.

Tea: veggie curry with lentils, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, onion and peppers. Brown rice.

Snack - Finn crisp and laughing cow lights and gherkins. HEA/B

G&T - 4 syns

So much for keeping my food diary updated every day.

Yesterday:
B: Cherries and ff natural yoghurt
L: lentil curry and brown rice, ff yoghurt
Snack: Apple
T: ham omelette, salad, sw chips. FF yoghurt.

Went to the theatre last night and had 3x G&Ts (12 syns) and the leftover sw chips when I got home.

Weigh-in today...

As I put on 1lb last week, and I've been a bit lax this week I was expecting an STS, but when I weighed first thing I had lost 1lb. OK, so I was back to my pre-France weight. Then (this is one for Cai lol) I went to the loo :eek:, weighed myself again and I was -2 in total. :)

I'm taking my second weigh-in weight as the number for this week (that's not cheating is it?) and I feel spurred on and motivated for the coming week.

If I can stick to the fruit/yoghurt breakfasts instead of egg/bacon/beans this seems to make a big difference to my weight loss.

So today I'm a happy bunny. 2 more lbs until I'm in the 13's. Yikes! :scale:

Well done smills :) I only ever get weighed after the loo, its like the law!!! lol. Im hoping for a loss tomorrow, when I get weighed, but I haven't gone a full week yet, so not expecting owt major. I'll then just stick to Thursdays xx xx

Back