Swapping diets - LL to Atkins

Hi ladies, I am currently starting wk 12 tomorrow of LL have lost just under 4 stone and as 2 ladies in my group are 2 wks behind we are continuing our group for an extra 2 wks which is fine. I have also said that I will do 4 wks in development to shift the last bit that I want to loose. Am thinking then about whether I do RTM or go onto Atkins/Low carb GI diet. My thoughts are highly triggered towards The low carb option as I feel that I have to eat at some stage and do I want to be introducing food back into my diet over another 12 wks? I did low carb for 5 days when I went away 4 wks ago only had 1 meal a day and my cereal bar in the morning and lost 4lbs so I know it works. You are all so positive with your threads that I think it is going to be best for me just want to check how many of you where first timers with LL or CD or is this second time around and you made the wrong choices. Many thanks I look forward to your advise. p.s. sorry for waffling ;):):)

No probs! I was an Ll-er, lost 8 stone with about two to go then left! I then threw myself headlong into Xmas,birthdays and Easter, and rapidly regained over 2 stone. I wish I had at least tried RTM, but my LLC at the time, was right I was too far off to start it. I should have gone back before the weight piled on, but I was too worried abut her reaction ! I started CD and lost about a stone of my regain, and now here I am, about to give Atkins a go to lose my last 3 stone.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you!

No probs! I was an Ll-er, lost 8 stone with about two to go then left! I then threw myself headlong into Xmas,birthdays and Easter, and rapidly regained over 2 stone. I wish I had at least tried RTM, but my LLC at the time, was right I was too far off to start it. I should have gone back before the weight piled on, but I was too worried abut her reaction ! I started CD and lost about a stone of my regain, and now here I am, about to give Atkins a go to lose my last 3 stone.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you!
Hi Sarah thanks for your reply, it really is a difficult decision I do hope that I make the one that is right for me it just seems that people that have not done RTM fall into the trap of regaining weight. So did you go back to eating normally over christmas and easter? obviously you know what made you regain the weight do you think it purely was because you went back to old habits? sorry to ask just curious many thanks

hi hun,

I lost 3 stone last year on LL, I managed to maintain through doing the RtM for the 12 weeks and also another 4 months, Ive put on a stone slowly, and realised I had to stop and take stock, I have dithered around with the packs again, but it is sooo hard to abstain again 2nd time round, so atkins/low carb suits me as I have insulin resistance, I have learnt this now that I will always have to follow a low carb diet, but its fine, Ive only got 8lb to go now, so I am slowly increasing healthy carbs rather than the bad refined carbs.

sue x

Hi everyone and thanks for your suggestions about the thai food. In the end when I got there I decided I wasn't skilled enough in Atkins just yet to accurately guesstimate what was allowable and what wasn't so I just sat an ate an Atkins bar instead and nicked some plain chicken off my mum's plate. really proud of myself for not breaking my diet ! Of course it is much easier to do that when I know I am going home for a lovely meal rather than a milkshake like when I was abstaining with lighterlife.
So far all is going extremely well - my water intake is rubbish at the weekend though - struggled to get much more than 1.5 litres down both days - but back on track today and aiming for a minimum of 3 litres.
Loving the plan and the fact that I can not only eat - but also enjoy my food and feel properly full up. I can also snack if I want to which is great when you live with a chocoholic snack monster like my other half!!
So weigh in for week one tonight - as I switched straight from LL abstinence to Atkins I am hoping for a stay the same or small loss and hope to see a more normal loss next week.
So I will let you all know how it went tomorrow. I honestly have no idea as I have been very restrained and stayed off the scales all week - I knew they would probably jump up as I switched from one to the other so I didn't want to get demotivated... I hope I made the right decision and have not suddenly piled on a stone !! eeek!

Have a great day everyone and keep in touch
Love Laura

good luck hun, fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning all,

Well I am very pleased to say that I have stayed the same this week - which seems impossible to me going from 500cals and powder to eggs, bacon and full fat mayo... but there you go - the power of Atkins.
I have lost quite a few cms as well this week so especially pleased! I am so glad I took starting measurements this time - as I remember clearly from when I did Atkins 6 years ago - sometimes when the scales are not moving - you are shrinking in size instead.

So looking forward to this coming week to see what comes off now I am acclimatised!

How is everyone else?
Love Laura

Morning all,

Well I am very pleased to say that I have stayed the same this week - which seems impossible to me going from 500cals and powder to eggs, bacon and full fat mayo... but there you go - the power of Atkins.
I have lost quite a few cms as well this week so especially pleased! I am so glad I took starting measurements this time - as I remember clearly from when I did Atkins 6 years ago - sometimes when the scales are not moving - you are shrinking in size instead.

So looking forward to this coming week to see what comes off now I am acclimatised!

How is everyone else?
Love Laura

Well done hun. The scales will catch up next week. If you are in ketosis then you are burning fat...but now you have food in your gut...which is bound to weigh something. You've got the right attitude hun...good luck to ya.xx

brilliant laura, and you to dancing

sue xxx

hello, I'm going to move from ss on c.d to a veggie version of atkins, I have loads of social things coming up so I think I'm better off doing this as I'd only be knocking myself out of ketosis back and forth again and would end up wasting loads of money!

So I'm going to attempt veggie atkins this week, and hope (fingers crossed that like chunkychicken I will stay the same and not pile on the weight!!)

I'm going to use the rose elliott veggie low carb book as it uses the same starting amount of carbs (less than 20g a day) as atkins so hopefully will have a positive effect!

I'm not going to my c.d weigh in tonight as I'm not going to be buying anymore shakes but according to my scales i've lost 6lbs this week so I'm happy!! so just going to try for these last 19lbs on atkins, which may be slower but hey at least I'll get my social life back AND get to stay in wonderful ketosis!!

well done to everyone so far :)

Back