1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Sweet Cravings?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by suse_09, 18 November 2009 Social URL.

1. suse_09

suse_09 Well-Known Member

Hi i do a mix of green,red and EE days, altho i usually stick to one plan for at least 3 days, i was a chocoholic but i havent even thought about it since i started 2 weeks ago but i can feel my sweet cravings creeping back in, i really dont like curly wurlys and im eating yogurt till it comes out of my ears, i have an options hot choc every night and that helps, but what does every one else do when theyre craving a sugar hit?

XXXX

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Well-Known Member

syn-free pancakes? or mini 99 flakes are 2.5 syns each. Or some sugar free jelly?

4. mhairib

mhairib Well-Known Member

how do you make syn free pancakes?

I like quality street zingy orange matchsticks at 1 syn each :)

5. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Heya

I like those pink and white wafers, they have marshmallow in them for 2 and half syns each (pack of 16 in pound shop), very sweet and sugary - hit the spot for me when I want something sweet

Helen

6. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Well-Known Member

Try popping a muller light in the freezer for an hour - goes slightly thicker like a slushy and it takes longer to eat and fills a spot! Other than that treat size twirls are 6 syns. Or mix some lemon curd (1/2 syn per teaspoon) and sweetner into some quark - v yummy

7. amm451

amm451 Do Over

raspberry ruffles are 6 syns too. I also have highlights dark choc - they come in 1.5 syns each. The white choc options is lovely in 0% total greek yogurt ;0)

HTH
    AMx

8. VWBeetleGirl

VWBeetleGirl Chilli Queen!

Frozen fun size milky ways are lovely and come in at 4 syns. That's my current favourite low syn chocolate fix!

9. suse_09

Does anyone know how many syns in a turkish delight?

10. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Well-Known Member

I find that the 11g sachets of Options Hot Chocolate Orange always hits the spot for chocolate cravings! Lovely at only 2 syns.

11. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Well-Known Member

Basic/Non Branded Foods Chocolate, branded, Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish 49g bar

[​IMG] Original 11½ Syns [​IMG] Green 11½ Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Chocolate, branded, Fry's Turkish Delight 51g bar

[​IMG] Original 9½ Syns [​IMG] Green 9½ Syns

12. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Hey Suse

Besides the excellent advice already given, I just wondered if you have noticed a pattern in your sweet cravings?
    I personally used to get massive cravings after eating lots of carbs- expecially pasta. I switched to wholemeal and it really helped.

I think if you eat anything with a high GI rating (white rice, white pasta, peeled potatoes) you get a real 'dip' in your sugar level afterwards

May be worth consideration to look at the cause rather than trying to fix with sweets?
    xxxx

13. suse_09

i think its habit more than anything that i used to have something sweet after tea and now i dont, but yeh thanks for thats its worth looking at good idea :D

14. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

2 finger Kit Kat is 5.5 syns as well as a Cadbury Fudge finger.