Sweet Cravings?

suse_09

Hi i do a mix of green,red and EE days, altho i usually stick to one plan for at least 3 days, i was a chocoholic but i havent even thought about it since i started 2 weeks ago but i can feel my sweet cravings creeping back in, i really dont like curly wurlys and im eating yogurt till it comes out of my ears, i have an options hot choc every night and that helps, but what does every one else do when theyre craving a sugar hit?

XXXX

syn-free pancakes? or mini 99 flakes are 2.5 syns each. Or some sugar free jelly?

how do you make syn free pancakes?

I like quality street zingy orange matchsticks at 1 syn each :)

Heya

I like those pink and white wafers, they have marshmallow in them for 2 and half syns each (pack of 16 in pound shop), very sweet and sugary - hit the spot for me when I want something sweet

Helen

Try popping a muller light in the freezer for an hour - goes slightly thicker like a slushy and it takes longer to eat and fills a spot! Other than that treat size twirls are 6 syns. Or mix some lemon curd (1/2 syn per teaspoon) and sweetner into some quark - v yummy

raspberry ruffles are 6 syns too. I also have highlights dark choc - they come in 1.5 syns each. The white choc options is lovely in 0% total greek yogurt ;0)

HTH
AMx

I find that the 11g sachets of Options Hot Chocolate Orange always hits the spot for chocolate cravings! Lovely at only 2 syns.

Does anyone know how many syns in a turkish delight?

Basic/Non Branded Foods Chocolate, branded, Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish 49g bar

red.gif
Original 11½ Syns
green.gif
Green 11½ Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Chocolate, branded, Fry's Turkish Delight 51g bar

red.gif
Original 9½ Syns
green.gif
Green 9½ Syns

Hey Suse

Besides the excellent advice already given, I just wondered if you have noticed a pattern in your sweet cravings?
I personally used to get massive cravings after eating lots of carbs- expecially pasta. I switched to wholemeal and it really helped.

I think if you eat anything with a high GI rating (white rice, white pasta, peeled potatoes) you get a real 'dip' in your sugar level afterwards

May be worth consideration to look at the cause rather than trying to fix with sweets?
xxxx

i think its habit more than anything that i used to have something sweet after tea and now i dont, but yeh thanks for thats its worth looking at good idea :D

2 finger Kit Kat is 5.5 syns as well as a Cadbury Fudge finger.

Back