Cruise PV SWer giving Dukan a go!

Morning all,

Well... weekends have always been my downfall and this one was no different! I must add however that i was only a fraction bad as usual so although not good it is progress!!

I had to make brownies & carrot cakes for different people along wtih a chocolate fudge bday cake for my little brother which i have now covered safely with icing ready to decorate so that i cant have any!! Things however did get tasted and i did let myself down a bit.

So quite deservedly 1.5lb on over the weekend, it was also my first PV so im hoping that a pp day will show that some of that is water!!

My saving grace on sunday was swede and carrot soup! The recipe is below.

So back on track with a PP day today!! I know i can do this and i really dont want to let myself down - i must get my head back in the game!!

Planned diary 07.11.11
B - scrambled egg & smoked salmon
S - muller light (still using them up!!)
L - chicken pieces & Cottage cheese
D - spiced mince
P - Sugar free jelly
Drinks - tea (with S milk & sweetner), water

Swede and Carrot Soup
1/2 swede diced
1 onion diced
2 medium carrots diced
2 tbsp mixed herbs/marjoram
Dash of wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp ground corriander (fresh if you have it)
1/2 oxo cube
Tbsp FF yog (for the swirl)

1. Place all of the ingredients (apart from the corriander if fresh and FF yog) in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until soft, you may need to add more water if it becomes dry
3. Add the corriander if fresh then blend until smooth, adding more water until you reach the desired consistency.
4. With a tbsp slowly drizzle FF yog in a circle in the middle. Not only does this look good but it adds a lovely creaminess to the texture.

TIP - Swede cooks quite slowly so dice this as small as you can and leave the carrot in larger chunks so that they soften at the same time.

You can omit the oxo cube however I find this essential for flavour and as the soup will be more than one portion at most you will have a quarter in each bowl.

Attachments

• Swede and Carrot Soup.JPG
    Swede and Carrot Soup.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 46
How do you make the spiced mince I'm on attack and making chilli for the family so could save some mince out for me but don't fancy it plain xx

Looks yum :D

Add the recipe to the soups thread in recipe section if you haven't already done so

Thanks all!! Ellie I will add it - i didnt realise there was a soup thread!! lol

Hi Nicola, i think there may be a specific recipe on here for it but as usual i made it up as i go along!! I did 1tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp corriander, 1 tbsp mild chili powder (sometimes i use curry powder depending on what mood im in), salt and pepper. I may have that tonight actually!! You can add 1/2 an onion to it too.

Good luck with Attack, how are you finding it? x

Hi Great posts can I ask how much cottage cheese did you have and how many slices of chicken ... I am following your menu hope you don't mind

pesty said:
Thanks all!! Ellie I will add it - i didnt realise there was a soup thread!! lol

Hi Nicola, i think there may be a specific recipe on here for it but as usual i made it up as i go along!! I did 1tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp corriander, 1 tbsp mild chili powder (sometimes i use curry powder depending on what mood im in), salt and pepper. I may have that tonight actually!! You can add 1/2 an onion to it too.

Good luck with Attack, how are you finding it? x

Thanks for that ...easy then I'll give it a go x I'm really enjoying it to be honest so easy and the scales are going down so I'm a happy bunny ;) x

Hi Great posts can I ask how much cottage cheese did you have and how many slices of chicken ... I am following your menu hope you don't mind

Hi Lily! No of course i dont mind!!!

I had about 1/3 of a 300g pot of cottage cheese and bought the prepacks of chicken which is the equivalent of about one breast, but of course the rules state that you can eat as much as you like until your full

Good luck!! x

Thanks for that ...easy then I'll give it a go x I'm really enjoying it to be honest so easy and the scales are going down so I'm a happy bunny ;) x

Yea it is all trial and error, just add the spices and taste and all a little of what's missing! Remember you can always add more, you cant take any out!!

Well done for your losses! That's the best things about this, instant rewards to spur you on!! xx

Hi honey

You have done really well and veggie's now so its not so limited. I need to give this a good 2 weeks go, and I feel like im already making excuses, but we all know how we respond, and for me its temptations of going out. So.. Im at a Spa this weekend and then nothing planned til end of November. I can can be in the zone and not pick : ). I am so impressed with you girlie, you have done so well. Will pop back in soon, keep it up, you've certainly given me inspiration :) xxx

Hi honey

You have done really well and veggie's now so its not so limited. I need to give this a good 2 weeks go, and I feel like im already making excuses, but we all know how we respond, and for me its temptations of going out. So.. Im at a Spa this weekend and then nothing planned til end of November. I can can be in the zone and not pick : ). I am so impressed with you girlie, you have done so well. Will pop back in soon, keep it up, you've certainly given me inspiration :) xxx

Aww thank you lovely!! Its always nice when you pop in and make me feel special :D

Yea it's PP today, im doing one day on and one off, although i did have a really funny turn in M&S earlier so if it carries on it may have to be PV days for a while til my body settles down!!

There are always excuses to make, but there is a difference between making an excuse and actually having a genuin one!! If you are only going to the spa to not do Dukan yet then shame on you, if not then it can wait til you get back :p!! Theres no point in setting yourself up to fail or making yourself begrude the diet cuz u couldnt enjoy your trip

Blimey!! i didnt realise what a naggy preacher i am!!! haha

xxx

Well i think we can all do with the support so enjoy your time and come over here :D

Red days on SW have certainly helped me out diarywise!!!

Ive just been to tesco and bought 2 packs of lean mince, a whole chicken, pork steaks and diced beef!! and all for £15! Should keep me going for a few days :D

xx

Morning all,

I jumped on the scales this morning and have lost 2lbs so down to 11st 4lb now and have managed to get of the 1.5 gain of the weekend!! :D

So PV day today!!

B - Leek and Bacon omlette (pic & recipe below)
L - salad (going to the local 'sandwich bar' to make one so not sure whats in it yet!!)
D - spag bol - pic and recipe to be added later :D

Last edited:
Leek and Bacon Omlette
This was discovered this morning as i couldnt be bothered to cut an onion!!! It was actually very yummy!! Im sure you know how to make an omlette but recipe below anyway!!

1 egg
1 tbsp marjoram/mixed herbs
dash of skimmed milk
1 leek sliced into rings
2 slices of lean bacon (all fat removed)
salt & pepper

1. Place the leek and bacon in a pan and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes (or until the leeks start to go soft)

2. In a seperate bowl mix the egg, dash of milk, marjoram/mixed herbs, salt & pepper

3. Pour the eggy mixture into the pan and stir until the bacon and leeks are coated.

4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until it begins to set.

5. Place the pan under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the top has set (this method stops the bottom from burning)

6. Serve & Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Leek & Bacon omlette.JPG
    Leek & Bacon omlette.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 36
That looks lovely will try that when I get my hob & oven connected up , can't be bothered lighting the Rayburn yet lol

Back