SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

Yum, this sounds gorgeous - adding to my menu plan for the week!
I had the hunters chicken tonight and it was A-MAZING! I would so eat this time and time again even if I wasn't doing S.W

Tried this last night, it was nice but I think I will make a few adjustments next time, maybe less vinegar and add a clove or 2 of garlic :)

I made this yesterday for a bbq and it was great, I did blend it once cooked to get a smooth sauce, also added Tabasco and garlic salt to it :)

Thank you for that. Off to make it now to go with my Hunters Chicken tomorrow.

I've just made some of this and it be 'gert lush' as they say in Brizzle.
Surprisingly easy too.

yep it is lush!!!!
dan always makes this and the syn free tomato sauce so we always have some of each in the fridge! a total godsend as i love my sauces!

yep it is lush!!!!
dan always makes this and the syn free tomato sauce so we always have some of each in the fridge! a total godsend as i love my sauces!

Syn free tomato sauce? Is that recipe on here?

I don't like the BBQ sauce when it's first cooked, but when it's been cooked again with some chicken or something, it always seems to taste better! Must make some this weekend! How long does it keep for in the fridge?

Loved it!

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Tried this recipe a couple of days ago. Loved it! We made hunter's chicken with chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with a laughing cow triangle in the middle. Gorgeous. Also good for topping your slimming world doner kebabs with.

thx

Made this tonight, could not believe that it was exactly like bbq sauce, even that dark brown colour and sticky. Highly recommended, especially when you don't really want more tomato sauce.

I had it again last week! It made a good size ortion so I froze half of it in a foil container and we had it with chicken chopped up, onion and red peppers. Served it with chips, it was great! Also grated a little bit of cheese on top. I usually have it as hunters chicken too :)

Back