Syn free lasagne on EE (using hex A)

Josiecat

Silver Member
This lasagne is really nice and even if you don't like quark, you should still like it!
Makes 6 generous portions

Ingredients

400g extra lean beef mince
2 onions
frozen sliced peppers (or fresh)
fresh garlic
mixed herbs
carton of passata
lasagne sheets

252g grated low fat mature cheddar
2 tubs quark
1 egg
skimmed milk
dried parsley
english mustard

Chop onions and fry in frylight along with the frozen sliced peppers. Once cooked transfer to a large saucepan or wok.
Fry the mince beef until brown and add to the saucepan.
Add the passata, mixed herbs, 3 crushed garlic cloves and salt/pepper to taste. Leave to simmer, stirring occasionally.

Empty 2 tubs of quark in to a seperate saucepan and add one egg. Heat gently while mixing together. Add a dash of skimmed milk if the white sauce is too thick. (the amount needed won't even average out to half a syn per portion). Mix in some dried parsley and quarter tsp of mustard.

Using a lasagne type dish, place half of meat mixture in bottom, top with lasagne sheets, add half of the white sauce and the remainder of the meat mixture.
Add a further layer of lasagne sheets, top with the remaining white sauce and then add the grated cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in oven gas mark 6 for 30-35mins.

I made this on Monday - was amazing! brilliant recipe!!

I've attached a couple of photo's. :)
edit - not fresh pasta......

Attachments

• HugeLasagne.jpg
    HugeLasagne.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 9,078
  • Lasagne.jpg
    Lasagne.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 1,479
Last edited:
Not on the extra easy...
It is amazing, I've had it twice now, even made it for non slimming world friends n they loved it :D x

Oh yh just re read it n it says dried, all varieties I just presumed that meant all pasta lol... Oh well that prob why I put on I stead lost :(

Only dried pasta/lasagne sheets are free.
Fresh pasta contains oil to keep it moist so you would have to syn it!

Pasta, fresh, plain, all types, 28g boiled 0.5 Syns on EE & Green & 2.5 syns on Red!

same thing happened to me was using fresh and not dried didnt realise until it was to late, but asked about rice pouches as opposed to ordinary just as well i asked they syned too

I thought dried pasta was free on EE..that's what it says in my pack..has it changed? And if it has..why? It's still the same dried pasta right??

hope you enjoyed it!
I made it yesterday for a red day so instead of lasagne sheets I used sliced aubergine. Really tasty, I guess a bit like mousakka with beef instead of lamb lol.

Just made this. Used fromage frais and quark mixture in place of the white sauce. Was really really tasty. Although quite watery at the bottom? Anyone know how to make meat mixture thicken better? TIA

Back