Syn free lasagne on EE (using hex A)

Was the meat mixture watery when you were cooking it in the pan? If it was then as Circes said, keep cooking without a lid until the water has boiled off and it has thickened.
If the meat mixture was thick when you put it in the baking dish, the water may have come off the fromage frais. Whenever I cook with yoghurt or fromage frais I always seem to get a lot of water, so that might well have been what it was that made the bottom watery.

Oh ok, I was a bit worried about cooking it too long on the hob so I really only browned the meat and then added it to the dish. I'll know to let it simmer longer now. Thanks :D

A great recipe...thanks for sharing..:)

Made this the other day but didn't use the quark White sauce in it as I don't like my lasagne creamy, but more tomato flavour. The usual lasagne recipe lean mince, fresh garlic, onion, herbs, tin chopped tomato, passata, peppers, beef stock (only 100ml) Worcester sauce and a bit of chilli powder as I like a kick too it and just added my 28g HEA cheese on the top and served with SW chips and salad with the (fry light brand) fat free balsamic salad dressing.
Served in little pots so gives you a nice pub meal sort of feel haha it was beautiful :)

Attachments

• image-3334629977.jpg
    image-3334629977.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 268
I sometimes add chilli for extra flavour or a change. I think using 2 eggs with the quark can make it more saucy if you prefer it this way!

Made this for dinner last Sunday....very nom-nom indeed!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Mmm, I love lasagne and this sounds/looks absolutely delicious! Will definitely be trying it out :drool:
Thanks for posting! xx

Hi Everyone,

I know this is quite an old thread so am hoping some of you who have made this are still on here...I'm not a fan of quark as I find it too bitter/sour so I wondered those who have made this can you still taste the quark once it has been cooked? I know this may be a silly question but I really want to make a SW friendly lasagne but want to check this first x

Last edited:
How about this recipe, using turkey instead of beef!................

Pete’s Turkey Lasagne

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 Pack of pasta sheets (ff)
1 Bay leaf
1tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (1Heb/4=0.25 Heb per person)
1tbsp Sweetener
1tbsp Dried Basil
2tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
90g Low fat cheddar cheese (2Hea/4=0.5 Hea per person)
120mL red cooking wine (4syn/4=1 syn per person)
250g Minced turkey (s) (ff)
400g Tinned tomato’s (s) (sff)
Salt & pepper

Sauce

1tbsp butter (5.5 syn/4=<1.5syns per person)
25g Plain flour (4 syn/4=1syn per person)
375mL skimmed milk (1Hea/4=0.25 Hea per person)

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c.
In a frying pan add the oil, cook the garlic & onion for 5 mins, add the turkey and cook until browned, add the wine and increase the heat to cook out the alcohol and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes, puree, sweetener, S & P & basil, turn the heat down & cook for 20 mins, then set aside.
Make the béchamel sauce by melting the butter, add the flour a bit at a time, stirring all the time, add the milk & bay leaf, keep stirring until it thickens, remove from the heat & remove the bay leaf, set aside.
Using an oven-proof dish at least 20x12x4cm cover the base with a layer of the turkey, cover with pasta sheets, breaking if necessary to fit, then a layer of the béchamel sauce, pasta sheet, turkey, pasta sheet & finish with a final layer of the béchamel sauce . Sprinkle the top with the cheese and cook for 30 mins until cooked and browned.

Turkey Lasagne (Small).JPGTurkey Lasagne-2 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Back