syn free lemon curd

Kron said:
Hi, I am new here, and did see a post requesting the above recipe, but can't find it sorry to the person asking

I love this recipe, I use it on fruit and for a treat crumble mini meringues (1 syn each) to make a lemony eton mess :)

Lemon curd syn free

3 heaped dessertspoons sweetener
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2oz fromage frais

In bowl suitable for standing over simmering pan place grated rind and sweetener.
In separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together then pour into first bowl.
Place bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring until thickened
Add fromage frais whisking until smooth

Stores for 5 days in fridge

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for posting this again...perfect!

Just made this and it's lovely not sure how thick it should be though. Mine was a bit like a custard. Just put in fridge so it might thicken up a bit there. Think I'll add another lemon to it next time . A good base for lots of different deserts as well as a spread .

Oooh sounds lush! Will have to try this one later! Thanks :) x

Anyone tried doing this with natural yoghurt?

Yummy this sounds amazing! Thank you.

we had a taster session at SW this week and someone bought in a sample of this to try, it was a big hit! definitely worth having a go, just keep the heat low and don't forget to stir!

I keep meaning to try this but haven't liked anything with added sweetener so far. Have tried splenda and truvia and didn't like either. I love lemons so might like it quite tart. Would it still work if I use less sugar and syn it do you think?

Me to peacelily! Must get round to it, i fancy it swirled into my porridge :)

Also, i use canderel and i like that one, have you tried it? Its not sugar...but its the best substitute ive tried i reckon.x

l0v3child said:
Also, i use canderel and i like that one, have you tried it? Its not sugar...but its the best substitute ive tried i reckon.x

No but will give it a go. They are so expensive though and I end up with boxes of the stuff till I throw it out. Will see if I can get a little canderel and try it out.

Morrisons have it on offer for £1 this week if youre near one? :)

Back