Syn Question

xvickix

Weightloss here I come!
So I attended my first ever class this morning and all went well, everyone seemed friendly enough and my consultant is lovely!! Weighed in at 11st 3.5lbs which is wee bit more than I expected lol. Anyways my coordinator kinda skimmed over syn values and basically said most women are on 10 a day so my question is do I go with this or is there a way to calculate how many syns im allowed based on my weight? Just want to make sure im doing the diet right :confused:

The amount of syns you have to start with seems to vary from consultant to consultant to be honest. The plan says that you should aim to have between 5 and 15 in any given day - some of my consultants (I've had a few...) have said that I should start in the middle with 10, and some have said to start at the top end of the scale and have 15. At the moment I'm having 15, working simply on the basis that if I find I'm not losing weight I can always drop back to 10. Hope that helps.

Hi, when I joined at the end of January, I was on up to 15 a day. I lost 3lb the first week but then settled on either 1lb or 1/2lb eac week so my consultant suggested I cut my syns down to a max of 10 a day. I didn't cry too much!! :sigh:

I started on 12 - I work on a weekly basis as some others do so that I can save some to have a few drinks at the weekend. I really need to get a bit more organised as some weeks I don't have that many and am afraid I'll have nowhere to go if I plateau!

My Consultant said to stick to 15 and only go down if you consistently don't lose.

I normally do 15 a day, I do mine weekly to so 105 a week. Normally allow 30 for drinks at the weekend! My loses have been fine like this. If ive had a bad week before I may cut them to help speed things up!

i am aiming for 10 max. that way, if i fancy something else i have some leeway, or if i've missed something or undervalued something by accident then it's covered... but then this is only my third day so i'm finding my feet :)

I always did 15, and only once when I had stuck I changed to 10 and it didn't make any difference.

Hi Vicki, you look as though you're in a similar position to me (I started on 11st 4.5lbs!).

I started out on 15 Syns a day but my weight loss is very slow (0.5lb usually every week!). My C said to keep to 10 a day which I do for the most part, but generally have different amounts every day and work on the 70 a week principle.

I've always had 15 a day, saving about 30 of them for drinks at the weekend. When my weight loss has slowed I've never tried reducing my syns. I just increase the number of red days I do and eat more superfree food. As I'm getting nearer to target I'm exercising more, but I'll only cut my syns as a very last resort. Syns are a very important part of SW as they help with motivation.

Back