Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Gnight mate. You did great. I always wonder if we are lighter after a good cry all that sobbing...:confused:
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Here to subscribe, hope that's ok :)

Hello peeps - Soz. Short post. Long work day, conjunctivitis or hayfever has attacked, quick drink with workmates, then long evening with numerous re-tuckings in. Can hardly see and feel like crap.
Was on plan for the day, but then had sweet chilli noodles and glass of wine at Wetherspoons, not sure of syns. Just want bed! Will catch up tomoz! G'night!

x

Gnight mate hope u feel better tomorrow. X

Hi everyone!
Struggling to see with infection, conjunctivitis I think, in both eyes, quite painful! So prob won't be posting as much until better.
Still trying to stick to plan tho!

Oh no, got yourself some drops? Hope it clears up soon mate. X

I can see! I can see!
Turned out to be more than just regular conjunctivitis - ended up in two different hospitals on Sunday, as things were getting scarily painful. The opthamologist said it's adenovirus, and has attacked my corneas. :mad:
But today I can read text on my phone for the first time since Saturday, so must be getting better, hurrah! Going back next week to assess the damage. :(
As far as the diet goes, did well during the day yesterday, but got sad and frustrated last night and ate chocolate (which didn't actually make me feel any better by the way! )

Totals;
HexA- milk in coffee, 2 light babybels
HexB- 2 Ryvita dark rye
Syns- 8 before the chocolate!
Fruit veg-5/10
Steps- 10500+
Water-not enough!

Oh moonbeam that sounds painful! Hope it eases up very soon.
I wouldnt worry about food at the moment. Last thing on your mind. X

I can see! I can see!
Turned out to be more than just regular conjunctivitis - ended up in two different hospitals on Sunday, as things were getting scarily painful. The opthamologist said it's adenovirus, and has attacked my corneas. :mad:
But today I can read text on my phone for the first time since Saturday, so must be getting better, hurrah! Going back next week to assess the damage. :(
As far as the diet goes, did well during the day yesterday, but got sad and frustrated last night and ate chocolate (which didn't actually make me feel any better by the way! )

Totals;
HexA- milk in coffee, 2 light babybels
HexB- 2 Ryvita dark rye
Syns- 8 before the chocolate!
Fruit veg-5/10
Steps- 10500+
Water-not enough!

Ooh ouch! I'm glad you went and got it checked out at the hospital :bighug:

Hope it eases up very soon.
I wouldnt worry about food at the moment. Last thing on your mind. X

Thanks Bubbly One! I think normally I would have totally lost the plot and pigged right out continually by now, but no... I think any health scare is usually enough to make us sort of sit back and take a look at how much or how little we look after ourselves - so yeah - I'm not as great with the fruit and veg as I should be at the mo, but just... feeling even more aware of how my body is affected by what I put in it. You know?

Good morning hun,
I hope it turns out not to be too serious, it is good that you can see better so hopefully it is clearing up now and you'll be back to normal in no time.xx

Thanks LMN! Hey, you're back!! Welcome home! How were your hols! Will have to get caught up on your diary :)

Ooh ouch! I'm glad you went and got it checked out at the hospital :bighug:

Me too. I always worry that whichever doctor or nurse I see is going to think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but am soooo glad I went this time!

Must take a break from the screen as everything is starting to blur! Will be back though! :)

Um yeah, so I didn't make it back as I promised!
I really need to be posting my food diary again, as I've been letting the nibble monster take over. Have woken up feeling FAT over the past few days, which sucks - but am going to use that as motivation!
Lemme see if I can remember yesterday's food;

Coffee milk sugar 1 syn (only got to drink half! ), SW quiche, light babybel, bite of my boys Easter choc, chicken breast and fusilli with a super garlicky basil and tomato sauce, broccoli, fromage frais with choc coconut options (2 syns ), and here is where I should have stopped.
But went on to have 2 glasses of wine, prob about 6 Ryvita, 3 cow cheese, and about 3 tsp of marg and Bovril.
:screwy:

Well at least I got my HexBs in! Hahaha...
Sorry, not funny.
Right.
No more wine until I start losing again!

Today so far; coffee milk sugar, apple, 1 litre of water.

Um yeah, so I didn't make it back as I promised!
I really need to be posting my food diary again, as I've been letting the nibble monster take over. Have woken up feeling FAT over the past few days, which sucks - but am going to use that as motivation!
Lemme see if I can remember yesterday's food;

Coffee milk sugar 1 syn (only got to drink half! ), SW quiche, light babybel, bite of my boys Easter choc, chicken breast and fusilli with a super garlicky basil and tomato sauce, broccoli, fromage frais with choc coconut options (2 syns ), and here is where I should have stopped.
But went on to have 2 glasses of wine, prob about 6 Ryvita, 3 cow cheese, and about 3 tsp of marg and Bovril.
:screwy:

Well at least I got my HexBs in! Hahaha...
Sorry, not funny.
Right.
No more wine until I start losing again!

Today so far; coffee milk sugar, apple, 1 litre of water.

I like your sense of humour :D

Nice to have you back. Hows the eyes hun. Hope its getting easier. X

Update to add to this mornings apple, water and coffee...

Seeing if I can hit 10 out of 10 on the fruit/veg front today, as I rarely do!

So, for brunch had a big spinach/red pepper/celery/cherry tomato salad, with some cold pasta, a chopped light babybel and ff dressing thrown in for flava flava! After that I was still hungry, so I nibbled on SW quiche. Just had a pear, so that brings me up to 6/10 so far, and 1.5 litres of water.

Not allowed to attend TKD tonight :(, doctors orders. Booooo... what should I do instead?

*edit

Banana, after school snack :)
Supper was whitefish and new potatoes, with a load of raw veggies (ran out of time to cook them so chopped and served them up on a little platter and the whole fam just gobbled them up!) broccoli, carrots, red and green peppers, made myself a small dish of dip/dressing out of f/f fromage frais, onion powder and dill, which went nicely!

Evening nibbles, 3 big sticks of celery with a light cow on each. Then rewarded myself with a handful of hubbys crunchy bacon rasher crisp thingies (counting 4 syns) and then found the pork pie in the fridge. :eek:

It was okay tho!! I was good! I had a thin slice, which I am guesstimating to be under 3.5 syns, as it was just a slice, less than 1/16 of a whole pie. Not really worth the syns tho, which is a lesson I have already learned, :rolleyes: I know, I know!

So totals:

HexA; milk, 1 light babybel, and light cow cheeses
HexB; (oh boogers. I should have had mini ryvitas instead of those bacon snacks!) ZERO.
Syns; 9.5
Water; 2 litres + :party0049:
Fruit/Veg; 12/ 10!!!:woohoo: Small victories, my friends. Small victories.
Steps; n/a as pedometer needs new battery, but did school run and shopping in town, so probably more than I do on a normal Thursday.

Last edited:
Nice to have you back. Hows the eyes hun. Hope its getting easier. X

Aww, thanks!!
It seems to be a bit of a forwards/backwards recovery... or maybe my eyes just get tired throughout the day. The pain and most of the redness is gone, but things are still often quite blurry. I've read how bad this virus can be, so am feeling lucky to be able to open my eyes outside again. But am feeling a bit worried about how much my vision might have changed.
I feel like I jinxed myself cuz I joked with a friend last Friday that my eyes were the only thing I like about myself! :rolleyes:

Since I have to take time off work, but can't sit and read comfortably for too long, I wonder if it's Gods way of getting me to finally do some proper spring cleaning! :D

Back