Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Awww no tkd? Youve been really enjoying it lately. :(
You poor thing this thing with your eyes is frightening really. Im so glad you got it checked out when you did.
So could it have had a long term effect on your eyesight now?
If your signed off you cant possibly be doing spring cleaning, you'll get dust in your eyes. So no, no, no!;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww no tkd? Youve been really enjoying it lately. :(
You poor thing this thing with your eyes is frightening really. Im so glad you got it checked out when you did.
So could it have had a long term effect on your eyesight now?
If your signed off you cant possibly be doing spring cleaning, you'll get dust in your eyes. So no, no, no!;)

Hahaha! Okay, Bubble - I'm off cleaning duty then!
I've actually not got any cleaning done today, as I had a great long lie-in. I was emotional and exhausted so went to bed a bit earlier than usual last night, and could just not get myself up this morning. Not sure what's going on, but took advantage of the situation and just kept sleeping - what a luxury!! Think I have to accept this virus may have knocked me sideways a bit.
As far as my vision goes, I don't really know. All the ophthalmologist said was that it was the adenovirus, it had affected my corneas and that it could last for weeks, and that I had to stay away from work and go back to see him in about a week. He didn't say anything about it affecting my eyesight, I got that from Googling... that and loads of other scary stuff, like having to go in and get your corneas peeled, and that sort of thing. *cringe!* I do find myself having to squint or take off my glasses, or put them on again to see properly and clearly, esp with my left eye. Hopefully it's just because I'm not used to wearing glasses for more than a couple hours at a time.

I just updated my food diary for yesterday, and totally kicked butt on my little 5-to-10-a-day challenge. Drank loads of water too, and am hoping to continue on with it... I know it's not a proper detox or anything, but it's common knowledge that we should be taking in at least that much water a day, and it's been proven over and over that we all need to take in more fruit and veg:
BBC News - How much fruit and veg should we eat?

...and as long as I AM taking in that much fruit and veg, there will be less room for the bad stuff! That said, I'm only at 4/10 so far today and less than 1 litre of water so um, best get eating and drinking then.

:)

Last edited:
Dont google things like that - it puts the crap up me!

Great going on the fruit and veg front, Im a bit of a fruit bat so I dont think I have a problem there, but I do need to remind myself to drink every hour. You are going to kick ass this week my lovelt well done. x

Hmm... After last night, I'm not sure just how much ass I will be kicking on the scales next week. Lost control and downed a whole packet of custard creams. :( I had enough syns left, so was going to have two. Flippin' %¢@*#! Why why why?

I did really well otherwise. Had a huge salad for supper, spinach, tomato, yellow pepper, celery, satsuma and pear, with ff dressing and sprinkled with toasted pecan halves, and then also had some syn free ginger and garlic noodles. Skipped dessert as out of Mullerlight and didn't fancy anything else-at the time. Sweet/fat tooth got me in the end.

So, um. Totals for yesterday;

HexA; milk, light babybel, light cow
HexB; 6 pecans
Syns; dunno, about 145361 or so
Water; 2 litres
Fruit/veg; 10/10
Steps; need a new pedometer! Did school run, housework, but not much else running around.

Draw a line, dont worry about it. You are allowed a flexi syn day so class it as that. :)

Theres the line. Go for it girl. Remember... "we can do this" :p

Okay, thanks ladies. Here's my line then;

I think, once again, it all comes down to not being prepared. I didn't really have anything in that would satisfy my sweet tooth, so just went for the first thing available.
Need to remember my old favourite SW desserts and make sure I have the fixings handy!

-Quark with Options, topped with berries
-Meringue, berries, Mullerlight
-Freddos (must only buy one at a time tho! )
-um. Will do some recipe thread browsing for more ideas...

Did you know the multipack freddos are 1/2 syn less? :D

:( i suppose not.

That seems to be my issue these days... stopping once I've started on the naughty stuff!

I do feel like I'm getting it a little more under control, but not totally. Yet.

Today's food;

Fruit salad with fromage frais and options 2 syns, apple, banana. Orange, pear.
Coffee milk sugar 2 syns
Quark topped Ryvita and smoked salmon with spinach and yellow pepper
Cuppa tea
Bite of spaghetti hoops
Pop-up backyard BBQ! Chicken breast and sausage 3 syns, done in BBQ frylight, wholemeal roll with 1 light cow, spinach and satsuma salad, ff dressing.
Nibbles - celery, cottage cheese, carrot, red pepper, wine spritzer 4 syns?

Totals ;
HexA- milk, 2 light cows
HexB-roll
Syns ; 11
Fruit/veg ; 11/10! Woop woop!
Water ; almost 2 litres - will hit 2 before bed. :)

Not bad today, despite the impromptu BBQ!!

Yay! Good day yesterday, well done. I love a barbie got one with friends today should be all on plan.
Did drinking more water help you? I find i dont pick as much if i reach for a drink.

Not an alcoholic one!!;)

Yes!! I think it's made a big difference with daytime picking. Its still the evening where I'm struggling.
I did end up having a handful of crisps last night. Booooo, bad moonbeam! Is just a never-ending saga, isn't it? Just a very predictable saga.
I didn't stick with that early-to-bed thing as planned, so will try that again.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day so far!

Yes!! I think it's made a big difference with daytime picking. Its still the evening where I'm struggling.
I did end up having a handful of crisps last night. Booooo, bad moonbeam! Is just a never-ending saga, isn't it? Just a very predictable saga.
I didn't stick with that early-to-bed thing as planned, so will try that again.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day so far!

Good morning hun,
Whenever I struggle at night I have milky coffee, it usually works for me. I also try not to have too many snacky foods that I like in the house, otherwise I get too tempted.
Hope you have a great day today.xx

I've seen you mention milky coffee in your diary LMN, but I try to avoid caffeine in the evenings to make sure I can sleep okay. I LOVE having a coffee after supper, but only do it on special occasions. My hubby on the other hand, can drink coffee, coke, etc all evening and still manage to zonk out at bedtime!!
Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday Monday! I have an urge to go car booting... We have loads of stuff to get rid of, but I don't want to just show up at a car boot all overpriced and uneducated, so want to go as a customer first... Also hoping to find stuff for the garden!

Did I list any of my food for yesterday? Hang on, will check... Nope!

Brunch; fruit salad with banana apple orange raspberries and a coconut vanilla yogurt, YUM
Coffee milk sugar 2 syns

1 rice krispie square while 'baking' with my girl - must calculate syns!

Supper; spinach salad with yellow pepper, broccoli, celery and cherry tomatoes, SW fish cakes and sweet potato chips.
Evening nibbles, mini Ryvita, light cow cheeses, glass of vino (I know I did I wouldn't but it was there, and open and stuff! And it's a bank holiday!)

Totals
HexA milk, cow cheese
HexB; mini Ryvita
Syns; 10 + rice krispie square
Water; 2 l +
Fruit veg; 10/10
Steps; just housework.

Happy BH moonbeam, hope your doing ok. I must really do a boot sale - think you're right to go as a customer first. It would certainly help towards a few expenses.
Ive not done well at all with the food this weekend so who know what will happen on Weds WI! Oh well got to live and take it! See you soon xxx

Back