Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Massive plate of food for my long-awaited tea! I nibbled on cucumber while hubby and the kids had fish and chips- Now, my turn :)

Attachments

• 1421957512626.jpg
    1421957512626.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 48
OMG!!! A fab loss and in the next stones down!!! Im so jel... ;)
Moonbeam im sooooo proud of you.:D Your doing great and sounding happier too. Im loving food piccies i like a nose at photos.
Well, well proud. Xxxxxx

Awww, shucks, thanks Bubble!!

I'm really happy with how this month has gone so far... some clothes are fitting looser now, or at least fitting, ha! But I need to keep at it, am really hoping my niggly health issues will fade away with the weight. Carpal tunnel is still driving me bonkers and I have another BP appt with the nurse tomoz - I've been monitoring it at home, and it's still higher than it should be, but not as bad as it was. A friend of mine who has high blood pressure was saying today what a difference it makes for her when she manages to get out and get her heart rate up everyday, with some cardio - so I'm going to see if I can avoid BP meds again if I cross my heart and promise to start running on the treadmill at the gym across the street for even just half an hour a day. *fingers crossed!*

I swear I posted days food and totals from my phone a couple hours ago, but don't see it here, so here it is again. Forgive me if it shows up twice!!

B: coffee, banana
L: quiche, satsuma, yog (1 syn)
S: pops (4 syns), grapes, strawberries, cucumber
D: egg, beans, SW chips, sparkle juice
S: peanut hottie (2 syns) quark with 2 x vitality banoffee bars (not sure if these are HexB, or 6 syns!), glass of milk (Hex A)

Now sleepytime tea and bed. Friday tomorrow, hurrah!

Exercise - meh
Water - some
Hex A, milk, Hex B, possibly cereal bars?
Syns - either 7 or 13!!

:)

Banana and coffee, sparkle juice so far today. Not hungry at all, and actually feeling quite nervous about my nurse appt! :(

Banana and coffee, sparkle juice so far today. Not hungry at all, and actually feeling quite nervous about my nurse appt! :(

Hope it goes ok x

Good evening, all!
Nurse appointment went really well, phew! Was worried that my BP would be even higher due to my nerves but it was actually down in the "normal" zone (on the high end of normal, but still, normal!) so she was really happy with the progress.

Lunch today was sw quiche, satsuma, mullerlight mint yog, tea, then nibbled on more fruit at my desk.
Supper was SW chips with salt and vinegar and 1 tsp ketchup (2 syns), honeydew melon, strawbs, meringue (3 syns) and another mullerlight, pina colada this time.
Meeting some friends for a drink tonight... 'drink' being a caffeine free, non alcoholic beverage of some sort... :confused:
Was exhausted after work so got straight into my comfies and slippers - but I guess it will be good for me to get my butt off the couch! And I know once I'm out I'll enjoy myself.
What's everyone else up to this evening?

Glad your bp was down. Do you take medication for it or just monitered?
You'll really enjoy yourself once you get out im sure. Dont let anyone 'bully' you into a drink your doing fab and only 7 more days of January left. Have a lovely evening xxx

Back from my evening out - had a great ol' chinwag with the ladies and only spent £1.15 on my Berry Red tea! :party0049: Fruity tea, down the pub, on a Friday night?? What's happening to me?
I actually was tempted as there was obviously lots of wine flowing all around me, but no, it was fine.

Bubble, my BP was way high right before Christmas, and doc wanted to put me on meds straight away, but I asked if I could try to bring it down myself instead. It was reduced by Jan 9th, but still too high. I haven't really done anything different over the past two weeks, but have lost a few more pounds, so I think that night be what helped me get to an okay level today. I still have to keep checking it every once in a while though, and go back again in 5 weeks. For all my complaining about NHS and doctors office woes - I'm sure being looked after as far as my BP goes!

Right, just had my evening snack - 4 x dark rye ryvita, 5 x light cow cheese, about 1 tsp of Bovril concentrate, mixed with the cow cheese and spread on the ryvita. Yes, I know that sounds gross, but trust me, it was yom. Everywhere I look, I see that Bovril is free, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Especially as I'm not using it in the usual way.

Totes:
Exercise - walking. running up and down stairs at work today three or four times this morning, and about eighteen gazillion times this afternoon.
Water - some
Hex A - light cows, Hex B - ryvita
Syns - 5

Just having a quick boo thru everyones diaries before bed!! :)

Evening, all! I haven't had my supper yet, getting the kiddos to bed first... So far today...

B-nothing, slept in! (hurrah)
L-coffee, spaghetti hoops on toast (HexB and 2 syns), satsuma
S-chicken mugshot, raw carrots, honeydew
D-lasagna with spinach salad
Pics to follow!

Lasagna, YOM.

Attachments

• 1422130115916.jpg
    1422130115916.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 1422130126898.jpg
    1422130126898.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 40
Looks yummy x

Thanks AB!! It was - if I may say so myself!! :p I do it all syn-free so I can totally mow-down if I feel like it. I think I was fairly restrained tonight... there's still some left for the kids tomoz, hahaha!

Right. What a weird feeling day. I slept in, like totally (I get Saturday, hubby gets his lie-in on Sundays). I didn't wake up and then drift back off to sleep, I just kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping, and then when I woke up, it was about 1048 in the morning, and I felt like I had a headache from sleeping so hard. Does anyone else ever get that? So, yeah, my day feels like it's been pretty short.
Got some cleaning done, caught up with a friend while our kids had a playdate, now just doing computery stuff and filing some papers... hurrah and huzzah, party animal! I want to sit down and watch something funny on TV, but don't think I'll be able to stay awake long enough! How sad is that? Seriously... I've only been up a few hours!! Just had a HB egg for a snack and now my Peanut Hottie drink, mmmm...

Totals:

Exercise: housework
Water: really must work on this.
HexA - 250ml milk in Peanut Hottie drink - HexB - toast this morning - pretty much my first bread of the month! Oooooooohh!
Syns - Here we go... 2 for marg, 5 for Bitsa Wispa, 1 for a taste of my boys soup, 1 for Mullerlight Apple Pie. 2 for my Peanut Hottie. So, 11.

Must plan meals and a weekly shop tomorrow - think I will browse Pete's Recipe Thread for ideas :)

Your lasagne looks lush. What du use for the white sauce to keep it syn free?
I know what you mean about the headaches when you sleep a lot, its almost as if someones punishing you for resting.
Hope you have agood Sunday and aint up too early. X

Morning!
For the lasagna I always use cottage cheese, usually the Aldi onion and chive one, and blend it til smooth with an egg and a pinch of oregano, and then yesterday rather than topping it with grated mozza I mixed plain ff yog with an egg, s and p, oregano and basil and put it on top after it had been in the oven for about 30 mins. Of course it's not as gooey without cheese but the baked cottage cheese keeps it yummy. :)
Will try to post more pics today than yesterday... Here's breakfast! Leftover SW quiche with sriracha (1/4 syn) and satsumas

Attachments

• 1422176611543.jpg
    1422176611543.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 34
I dont like the texture of cottage cheese but wonder if i could handle it blended in a lasagne!? Hmm might have to give it a go one day.
Have a good Sunday M. Xx

Hmmmmmm, yeah, maybe if you just make sure you blend it really well? It doesn't taste or feel like cottage cheese to me, once it's in the lasagna, but it's not the same as a white sauce either.
Outlet shopping with the fam, ended up at Subway for lunch - really wanted a toasted sandwich with melty cheese - went for the salad instead!
However, have pretty much just inhaled a ginger nut in the car on the way home, 2.5 syns. :/

Attachments

• 1422194533600.jpg
    1422194533600.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 45
Salad didn't fill me up enough so nibbled some cold lasagna and a mullerlight when we got home. It seems to be siesta time in my house, I'm tempted to lie down for a snooze...
It might just be the calm before the storm though, so I better get prepared! ;)

Supper, roast chicken and veg, 1 syn of gravy, meringue (3 syns) with blueberries and banoffee mullerlight 1 syn.
Also! Brought home some vanilla quark from Tesco and taste tested it before putting it in the fridge... Well I was about three bites in before I realized it can't possibly be syn free... Soooo I need to look that up!

Attachments

• 1422210317277.jpg
    1422210317277.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1422210332459.jpg
    1422210332459.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
1.5 syns per 100g your better to use essence in plain quark. The lemon one is even higher.
Doing well moonbeam well done. X

Looks lovely Hun your doing great x

Back