Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Poor little dude xx

He was okay. Just extra snotty today. Still a bit coughy but hopefully on the mend. It's just been non stop with him since January! My wee girl went though this too, but it was right when she started nursery, so it was expected.
Anyway, kids, yadda yadda...

Busy day ahead, usual school run, cooking /cleaning /shopping... plus parents evening at school. Started the day off with a broken boiler, coffee milk sugar (2 syns) and 6 more Mikado (doh!) (3 syns)

Sort of lost track from there. Fixed boiler, did school run, ended up snacking/eating as I was in kitchen cooking/cleaning/feeding the babydude.
Hard boiled egg, half an orange, light cow cheese, orange club biscuit (5 syns), posh coffee with milk, bite of leftover tuna pasta (not good cold btw), another hb egg, bite of pear

Put dude down for nap at noon, had a mugshot - sweet and sour, free!

Felt munchy, craving crunchy snack, so did some lasagna crisps in BBQ Frylight, need to check syns... I used to have these quite often, until I found out they're not free! (5 syns)

Sparkle juice - pear and Elderflower, my fave!

Supper; spaghetti with homemade syn-free sauce (using up some leftover syn free sausage), piece of garlic bread - totally caved, 4.5 syns. FAR too small for that number of syns !!

More sparkle juice.

Ooh dear. Time to count.

HexA, milk, cow cheese
HexB; um, does the white French bread from my garlic bread count? Heh, thought not!
Syns; 19.5
Fruit/veg: not enough!
Steps; 17288. No wonder I'm ready to fall into bed!

Will try to catch up with everyone when I'm snug under the covers. Hope you're all well!! xoxo

Hey, look at your step count! Thats fab! Looking at your day it started off crazy but you pulled it back, thats brill. So 19.5 syns isnt bad. As for lasagne crisps i know people who have them and don't syn them still and have great losses.
Another little tip the ww petit pains are a hexb i cut mine in half spray with garlic frylight and sprinkle parsley and crushed garlic too pop in oven for 10mins= garlic bread.
Your doing fab keep going. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Sweetie..... hope the little guy is 100 percent today ....

have a great day xx

Morning all! Thanks for the garlic bread tip, Bubble! Thought I'd just have to go without!
Well everyone seems fit and well round here this morning... so far!
I'm headed to another tae kwon do class tonight - need to get in touch with my sw consultant to figure out what I'm going to do. But nervous about it actually... I'm thinking of not going to group -for a while anyway. Truth is, I can't really afford to do both, as much as I would like to. SW I can try to stick to on my own, but I feel like I need help in the exercise department.
We have a health trainer at work, so I'm going to speak to her today about going for a weekly weigh in, in lieu of group. :/
Anyway, must dash! x

Hope your little man is picking up. Mine are the same, it seems like one or other has something at the minute. The same stomach bug has been passed round our house about three times now!

Re: fussy eating, I read that you should look at what a toddler eats over the course of a week rather than one day and as long as it balances out there shouldn't be a problem. My ds2 has days where he will barely eat anything but more than makes up for it another day, so I just let him get on with it and try not to stress. He is a sturdy little thing so it isn't doing him much harm and it keeps me from going crazy!

We didn't get to the Muppets movie, I was over -ruled by the boys and ended up watching (and enjoying lol) the Lego Movie. The hit Pizza Hut and it has all been downhill from there this week.

ended up watching (and enjoying lol) the Lego Movie. The hit Pizza Hut and it has all been downhill from there this week.

I've heard the Lego movie is actually pretty good! I've been busier in the evenings so haven't been able to check out people's diaries - have you had a bit of an off week then? Will go have a look...
Are you maintaining though? Would love to get to that point... where you can have an off day or week, and still easily get back to where you were.

Oops! Wrote everything up last night, then forgot to hit 'submit.' What a space cadet.

Thursday;

Breakfast, coffee milk sugar 2syns.
Snack. Black coffee, banana, chicken mugshot
Lunch; spicy chicken salad with loads of sweet cherry tomatoes yum
Snack; sparkle juice, Alpen bar
Supper; tuna pasta leftovers, slice of ham
Snack; sparkle juice, 4 x dark rye Ryvita, 2 x light cow, cottage cheese, then later toast with marg and Bovril 6.5 syns, pack of mini jammie dodgers 4 syns

Weighed in with health trainer today, was another 1/2 pound up from what the scales at Boots told me last week. Will be interesting to see how I do when I go back and get weighed on the same scale!
Will aim to lose anything next week... I just want to be heading down rather than up!
Don't know how I can fit in more exercise other than going for walk in evening, so will try to do that when I can.
Also, will try to keep box of cut up veg and hoummous in the fridge for myself.

Totals:
HexA:milk, cow cheese
HexB: ryvita
Syns:12.5
Fruit/veg: 5
Steps: 8472 (I just KNEW I shouldn't have accepted that ride to and from work!)

Last edited:
Hi mate hope you are well today.
Think when you decide which day and what scales to use stick to that, because as you know they do differ.
Did you enjoy the training last night? I wish I could do karate. There is an adult class where my kids go on a thursday but because of hubbies shifts I can't commit to any evening classes, thats another reason I don't go to SW club. I do think that I need to find something to do thats "mine" because being mum gets too much. That is why I enjoy my walks when I can get out on my own. I haven't done a lot exercise wise this week and as you know I feel crap, its a roll on effect, no sleep, no exercise, no patience, start eating, start crying, when does the cycle stop?
On a good note I didnt emotionally eat yesterday, that is a first in my books and so something is clicking somewhere I hope.
Hope your day is going well so far.

Hummingbird the lego movie was great wasn't it? i did find it a little strange and ooooer to start with but had us all captivated. Glad you enjoyed it. x

Hi mate hope you are well today.
Think when you decide which day and what scales to use stick to that, because as you know they do differ.
Did you enjoy the training last night? I wish I could do karate. There is an adult class where my kids go on a thursday but because of hubbies shifts I can't commit to any evening classes, thats another reason I don't go to SW club. I do think that I need to find something to do thats "mine" because being mum gets too much. That is why I enjoy my walks when I can get out on my own. I haven't done a lot exercise wise this week and as you know I feel crap, its a roll on effect, no sleep, no exercise, no patience, start eating, start crying, when does the cycle stop?
On a good note I didnt emotionally eat yesterday, that is a first in my books and so something is clicking somewhere I hope.
Hope your day is going well so far.

Hummingbird the lego movie was great wasn't it? i did find it a little strange and ooooer to start with but had us all captivated. Glad you enjoyed it. x

You're right, Bubble, about being Mum gets to be too much. And I don't think my schedule's half as busy as yours! I was so sad to read you were feeling down - you sound much better now - hope you're on the way back up!

Happy Friday everyone!! Hope it's been a great week, and good luck to those weighing in tomorrow x

Here's today, then catch up time!

Breakfast, coffee milk sugar 2 syns, f/f cottage cheese
Snacks, sparkle juice, satsuma, pear, black coffee
Lunch, jacket potato, more cottage cheese, salad with peppers and tomatoes
Snack, black coffee, hifi light bar
Supper, tinned spaghetti, poached egg
Snacks, small dish of tuna pasta, bite of husbands beef and gravy pie 2 syns?,

Am now going to set out on the counter 1 large-ish red wine 8 syns, 2 x ryvita and 2 light cow cheese and that will be me done, other than a cup of Snore & Peace to take up to bed with me! Rock and roll!!

Totals:
HexA, milk, cow cheese
HexB, hifi bar, Ryvita
Syns:12
Fruit/veg: 4
Steps: 5240 -really need to step it up on my work days!!

Hiya, I do feel a lot better today thank you, its just the moods are unexplainable sometimes!

You have done really well today all within allowances fantastic! I must admit I've never tried cottage cheese, the lumps put me off. I guess I could get adventurous and give it a go. Whats the best way to have it? On something hot like a JP?
Ill put it on my online shopping list for next week. :eek:

What do you have planned to do with the LOs tomorrow? Hope the weather stays dry and you can entertain them outside. Have fun.

Goodnight mate. :)

Hi guys, just popping in- you all seem to be having a good week!

Re: Lego movie, it was fab, I still have the 'Everything is Awesome' song going round in my head. And DS1 is just randomly saying 'Honey, where's my paaants' every 2 mins, rather funny but some stange looks from people who haven't seen it. Plus I had to buy him and DH(!) lego figures last night when we were doing the shopping!

Moonbeam your food has been great the last few days, I have to say I stocked up on sparkle juice last night but still ended up having a magners lol. Today is nice here which was a bit of a surprise. We were to go to a bird fair but decided not to bother as it was supposed to rain? It's a shame as I could do with the exercise.

Hurrah! Welcome, LMN! Probably not much of a welcome actually, as I don't think I posted yesterday, and havent' kept track at all today... and am heading to bed now so. Um, sorry. I've been waffling. And not in the yummy, tasty, maple syrup kinda way, just waffling.

I don't know what to do with myself, and at the same time can't find time to do what needs to be done. Urgh, so frustrating!

Anyway, I haven't been completely off plan, just the same - fine in the daytime, snacky/munchy/bingey in the evening. My husband thinks it's a joke that I even bother to do SW stuff during the day at all, but I've told him it's better than me eating uncontrollably all the time!

I've just started Tae-Kwon-Do classes, and was hoping that would be enough to kickstart me into focussing on my diet properly, but it hasn't yet. I can feel I'm ready to do it... it's like it's right on the tip of my tongue. Or brain. Or whatever. But I need a kick to get me going. Just a little one!

Okay, will have a go at today's diary...

Breakfast: coffee milk sugar (2 syns), poached egg, beans, instant mash
Snacks: banana
Lunch: coffee, mugshot tomato
Supper: Mango and grilled chicken salad, glass red wine, BANOFFEE PIE (eep), black coffee.
Snack: carrot sticks, SW quiche, lasagne crisps (3 syns?)
One more red red wine (now). 6 syns.
Sleepy now. G'night!

Morning mate. You are doing super, by sticking to it in the day you are half in the zone. So keep that up if you can and you will get a kick when something releases the kick ass leg!
You soundlike you had a lovely weekend with your LOs. Isnt it lovely when you get that hug of 'thanx' and 'your the best'? Makes it all worthwhile.
Hope you have a good week. X

I've got a big family-do next month and was sort of using that as a goalpost, but it doesn't seem to have helped to motivate me much.
I did a bit of bike shopping today in town, and well, I have to say I won't be getting a brand NEW bike anytime soon! Looking for second hand now, or a really good sale!

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, bite of SW quiche
Nibbles; grapes, apple slice, bite of granola bar 1 syn? Then while feeding the babydude, had raw carrots, plum tomatoes and cold baby potatoes with f/f garlic and onion dip.
Lunch; poached egg and chicken mugshot.
Nibbles; 7 cadbury mini eggs, SW quiche
Supper; lemon garlic chicken and potatoes, steamed broccoli, four more mini eggs, bite of cottage cheese.

Not sure how many syns per mini egg... does anyone know? I think it's 6 syns per 25g.

Looking good missus, at least by keeping on track during the day you are there 90% of the time.

What plan do you do is it extra easy? If you switched to red/green some days you could get extra hex and them for the evening?

Lol ignore me of this is what you are doing, it is early and i havent finished my coffee yet...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mini eggs are 1.5 syns for 2.

You do sooo well during your day. Feeding the lo and snacking on veg? Thats great.
How long b4 the 'big do'? Lets see if you can do this. Ill help you all i can. Do you want to join the salad and 2ltr water challenge that ive joined? Im feeling positive about it. (Wish i could say the same about other things)
When i want to snack i will grab water instead. C what happens. Im still doing sexpress as i like the 4hexs.
Have a good day mate.x

Looking good missus, at least by keeping on track during the day you are there 90% of the time.

What plan do you do is it extra easy? If you switched to red/green some days you could get extra hex and them for the evening?

Lol ignore me of this is what you are doing, it is early and i havent finished my coffee yet...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hahaha, I'm still part way thru my first cup too!
Y'know, I've only ever done Extra Easy - I've asked about red and green days and was told that went back to the old days of SW! I wonder if mixing it up a bit like that would help me stay more focused.
Have thought about trying success express too.
Am also wondering if doing a 48 hour detox might give me the kick I need?

Back